AUTUMN INTERNATIONALS 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: AUTUMN INTERNATIONALS 2021

Post by Scott1 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:02 pm it is often remarked upon in media that a large number of people at HQ are more interested in making trips to that bar then watching the match
Yes plastic fans for the most part. Hoorah Henry's.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Faulks04
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Faulks04 »

Quite a few people down the tigers on Friday night were more interested in the beer than watching the rugby . Don’t wanna be a kill joy . But a bloke in the row in front was up and down like a fiddlers elbow Back and forward to the bar . Slopping it everywhere and moaning about the service. Maybe it’s just me but at 40 quid a ticket I wanna get my moneys worth and watch my team . I know it’s inevitable at any arena type situation but it does grind my gears
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Faulks04 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:54 pm Quite a few people down the tigers on Friday night were more interested in the beer than watching the rugby . Don’t wanna be a kill joy . But a bloke in the row in front was up and down like a fiddlers elbow Back and forward to the bar . Slopping it everywhere and moaning about the service. Maybe it’s just me but at 40 quid a ticket I wanna get my moneys worth and watch my team . I know it’s inevitable at any arena type situation but it does grind my gears
Totally agree. I think they should close the bars during the game. Open at half time and full time
A2O
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Faulks04 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:54 pm Quite a few people down the tigers on Friday night were more interested in the beer than watching the rugby . Don’t wanna be a kill joy . But a bloke in the row in front was up and down like a fiddlers elbow Back and forward to the bar . Slopping it everywhere and moaning about the service. Maybe it’s just me but at 40 quid a ticket I wanna get my moneys worth and watch my team . I know it’s inevitable at any arena type situation but it does grind my gears
Totally agree. I think they should close the bars during the game. Open at half time and full time
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It's not hard to make a 2 pint pot last you a half of rugby!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Faulks04 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:54 pm Quite a few people down the tigers on Friday night were more interested in the beer than watching the rugby . Don’t wanna be a kill joy . But a bloke in the row in front was up and down like a fiddlers elbow Back and forward to the bar . Slopping it everywhere and moaning about the service. Maybe it’s just me but at 40 y a ticket I wanna get my moneys worth and watch my team . I know it’s inevitable at any arena type situation but it does grind my gears
It was appalling had exactly the same experience in the North stand we were up and down all match giving way to those that prefer foraging for and drinking beer to watching the match. This means we cannot watch the match due to the ergonomics of the seating whilst they transit. It now happens at every match but Friday was worse than ever.
Last edited by sapajo on Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:12 pm It's not hard to make a 2 pint pot last you a half of rugby!
Its not hard but it's demonstrably impossible for some.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

sapajo wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:22 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:12 pm It's not hard to make a 2 pint pot last you a half of rugby!
I always get a pint midway through the first half, and always will, no matter what game I'm at. Might as well watch it at home if you start to remove all the match day experiences.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:14 am
sapajo wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:22 pm
I always get a pint midway through the first half, and always will, no matter what game I'm at. Might as well watch it at home if you start to remove all the match day experiences.
Do you purchase a seat at the end of the row so you can get out without disturbing others? I would consider having “quiet” areas where people actually watched the game. I stand on the terrace at the back so usually have no problem but when I do go to other games I try to be on the end more for leg room and a loo break so no one has to move if my bladder needs to :smt043
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Absolutely, or as close to the end as possible. I think for a lot of people, it is the extra things like being able to go to the bar, banter with the opposite fans, etc that is the appeal over sitting at home (which is normally much clearer and better to understand with the commentary and ref mike, etc).

It's such a stop-start game that standing up to allow others to get a drink also has no bearing on my enjoyment of a match either.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Wales suffer more injury issues as Ken Owens is ruled out of the Autumn Series:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... d-22106656
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

So big Jo Marler has the Lurgi (Positive Covid Test). Who comes in?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:03 pm So big Jo Marler has the Lurgi. Who comes in?
Oh you mean to say he is an unspecified or indeterminate illness? :smt003
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Sapajo. Am I to believe by your dictionary/Wikipedia description you had to go and find out what Lurgi (Lurgy) is.
LOL
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:03 pm So big Jo Marler has the Lurgi (Positive Covid Test). Who comes in?
Or does he have a false positive like Farrell?!