Re: AUTUMN INTERNATIONALS 2021

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

France's quality has told now
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Then Argentina score! Testing the refs understanding of the knock on laws.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Final whistle 29:20. Argentina gave a really good account of themselves but the French bench made the difference. Great performance by our two Tigers.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Congratulations Johnny Sexton , 100 caps for Ireland in the victory over Japan
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I thought Montoya was lucky, to me it looked like at least a penalty for his tackle on Penaud.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

how was that a yellow card, penalty fair enough but the laws need to allow the ref some more leeway
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

fun game Scotland getting the win 15-13
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:04 pm how was that a yellow card, penalty fair enough but the laws need to allow the ref some more leeway
If it wasn't a yellow card and not even a penalty was there a double movement anyway? His knees were on the deck and then he shoved again?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:44 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:04 pm how was that a yellow card, penalty fair enough but the laws need to allow the ref some more leeway
If it wasn't a yellow card and not even a penalty was there a double movement anyway? His knees were on the deck and then he shoved again?
it did look to be a double movement by Hooper.

Side note good to see they let you out Dai after your little jaunt on the pitch in Cardiff last night, too many Remy's? :smt023
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:48 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:44 pm
it did look to be a double movement by Hooper.

Side note good to see they let you out Dai after your little jaunt on the pitch in Cardiff last night, too many Remy's? :smt023

If only I could move that fast.......but they would spend more time going round me!! 😁😁
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Roadsweeper
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Roadsweeper »

I went to the England game and thoroughly enjoyed the match. All the Tigers players were excellent. I thought George Furbank played really well, given his minimal preparation and lack of experience in the FH position. Obviously I would have preferred George Ford to be playing.

On another point I was sitting in a section with a lot of Tigers supporters. Really disappointed with their behaviour given that they were with wives and girl friends. Foul mouthed and rude. Kicked beer all over the row in front with no apology. Lots of people with small children in earshot as well. Just unnecessary imho.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Hope Farrell gets his 25k!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Roadsweeper wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:58 pm I went to the England game and thoroughly enjoyed the match. All the Tigers players were excellent. I thought George Furbank played really well, given his minimal preparation and lack of experience in the FH position. Obviously I would have preferred George Ford to be playing.

On another point I was sitting in a section with a lot of Tigers supporters. Really disappointed with their behaviour given that they were with wives and girl friends. Foul mouthed and rude. Kicked beer all over the row in front with no apology. Lots of people with small children in earshot as well. Just unnecessary imho.
In my admittedly limited (maybe 5-6 times in total) experience of internationals at Twickenham, the boorish behaviour you witnessed doesn’t surprise me I’m afraid. Disappointed that was Tigers fans, though - although this does occur at WR, it’s not common as far as I’m aware.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

it is often remarked upon in media that a large number of people at HQ are more interested in making trips to that bar then watching the match