Best VPN for streaming ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by fortysix »

Hi all which VPN is the best for streaming via Stan Sports please ?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by RagingBull »

Express gets good write ups as does Nord.

Not that I recommend doing it wink wink
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

fortysix wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:10 pm Hi all which VPN is the best for streaming via Stan Sports please ?
Nord is the best I’ve used
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Surf shark is a good one too, though both that RB suggested are decent.

Hotspot Shield is pretty much the best one if you want it free, but even that struggles on streaming.

I'd suggest though if you wanted to stream go for one of Nord, Express or Surfshark and see if they offer a free trial to at least start with.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

https://forum.viewfromthe22.com/viewtop ... 98af7cbe1b

There’s a link on the Sale fans forum to a Russian site that apparently streams the game without a vpn or sign up it would appear.

Please note I have never used this site so know nothing about it and whether it works or not. Just passing on the info..
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I use the premium version of Hotspot shield for viewing "things" and it works fine
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Sad indictment of the world we live in whereby I have to buy a vpn and subscription to an Australian tv service to watch a game played in my home country. Intrigued to see how it is the service seems very good! How have they got it so wrong in the UK?

Also who their right mind chooses Exeter v Irish over Leicester v Sale or even Harlequins v Bath…
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

I use Surfshark. I got a two year subscription for something like £40. I used to travel a lot for work so was worth paying for it but I accept it wont be for others just watching the rugby!
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

I use Keepsolid VPN Unlimited, life time subscription for $39 and can be used on five devices.
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:59 pm https://forum.viewfromthe22.com/viewtop ... 98af7cbe1b

There’s a link on the Sale fans forum to a Russian site that apparently streams the game without a vpn or sign up it would appear.

Please note I have never used this site so know nothing about it and whether it works or not. Just passing on the info..
I used it and the quality was good. However, it was free and Russian so now I'm worried about the payback. Waiting to see if I've been hacked.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:18 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:59 pm https://forum.viewfromthe22.com/viewtop ... 98af7cbe1b

I used it and the quality was good. However, it was free and Russian so now I'm worried about the payback. Waiting to see if I've been hacked.
I could only find the Newcastle v Gloc game
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:18 pm Sad indictment of the world we live in whereby I have to buy a vpn and subscription to an Australian tv service to watch a game played in my home country. Intrigued to see how it is the service seems very good! How have they got it so wrong in the UK?

Also who their right mind chooses Exeter v Irish over Leicester v Sale or even Harlequins v Bath…
I believe that is was the clubs who didn’t want all the games on live, to keep the numbers up in the stadiums. Same in football.
I would have agreed with you re the Exeter game, how wrong I was!
tjs10inOz

Post by tjs10inOz »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:18 pm Sad indictment of the world we live in whereby I have to buy a vpn and subscription to an Australian tv service to watch a game played in my home country. Intrigued to see how it is the service seems very good! How have they got it so wrong in the UK?

I find the Stan feed of Prem games good (though I am watching it from Australia!) though it does get annoying at times when the commentary audio gets muted sometimes as clearly they haven't purchased the rights to the full feed, plus halftime is a bit weird.
Tonight they had crowd announcement (covid-safe big boot!) but just crowd vision, and then cut to dozens of snippets of the same random incident back-to-back as if someone was reviewing every possible camera angle of them for a post-game highlights reel.

Still, for $20/month I'm not going to grumble, especially as their back catalogue of included matches is also very impressive.
Formerly tjs10 but forgot my login info!
Now living in Western Australia and working in Hockey but still watching rugby whenever i can!
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

A bit more expensive than most, but for me Express is brilliant and well worth the money