Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: AUTUMN INTERNATIONALS 2021

Post by Cagey Tiger »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:11 pm
fentiger wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:08 pm It continues to be an irritation of mine that Internationals are played and there is no gap in the Premiership season. It's about the one thing that football does right!
Agreed
Agreed, but...

Teaching granny to suck eggs here I'm sure, its a combination of football players can and regularly do play 2 games in a week, rugby players not really, plus the clubs were/are scared of supporters drifting away if there are no club games during the AIs and 6N. So far no-one has come up with a workable alternative.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:16 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:13 pm Have a feeling our pack will be
Genge,LCD,Sinckler,Itoje,Hill,Lawes,Underhill,Curry

Anyone wanna have a go at the backs?
Randall Smith Radwan Farrell Tuilagi Malins Steward

Wouldn't be my choice but I think he will opt for the 2 kickers. Tough call for the 9 jersey but I think he will opt for Randall
I hope Steward wants some tackling practice because those backs are not the best defensively. There will be a lot of running down the 9 and 10 channel with Farrel and Manu having to decide when to dive in with their customary high shots to help out.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

sapajo wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:06 pm
ads wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:35 pm Will Montodger and Moroni be available for the Saints game, as they won't be away with England's jersey trading squad?
I'll let you call Montoya, Montodger to his face. :smt002
BT commentator told me to do it!!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

.........didn't realise Dolly was England Qualified? Had him down as an antipodean?

Curry with a Bath fan tomorrow night......
Just saying.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Ok.. so lots of chat about players missing and the impact on Tigers.. I posted earlier about the matches we will be without our England players for but I wanted to look into it in a bit more detail to try and work out the impact on our Premiership fixture list:

Players called up so far:

England - Genge, Dolly, Martin, B Youngs, Steward

Tonga - Saumaki

Players likely to be called up:

Argentina - Montoya, Moroni

South Africa - Van Staden, Wiese

Fiji - Nadolo, Murimurivalu

Fixtures and commitments:

England
25-30 Oct 21 (Training Camp)
06 Nov 21 (vs Tonga)
13 Nov 21 (vs Australia)
20 Nov 21 (vs South Africa)

Argentina
06, 13, 21 Nov 21 (Autumn International Fixtures)

Fiji
06 Nov 21 (International Fixture vs Spain)
14 Nov 21 (Autumn International Fixtures)

Tonga
30 Oct 21, 06, 13, 20 Nov 21 (Autumn International Fixtures)

South Africa
06, 13, 20 Nov 21 (Autumn International Fixtures)

Tigers Fixture List:

Round 7: Sat 30 Oct - Saints (A)
Round 8: Fri 05 Nov - Bath (H)
Sat 13 Nov - Sale (H) *Prem Cup
Sat 20 Nov - Wasps (A) *Prem Cup
Round 9: We then have our rest week in Round 9

Sat 30 Oct - Saints (A) - We are likely to be without Genge, Dolly, Martin, B Youngs, Steward, Saumaki

Potential Side vs Saints
Van Wyk, Montoya, Cole, Wells, Snyman, Liebenberg, Van Staden, Wiese, JvP, Ford, Nadolo, Scott, Moroni, Potter, Murimurivalu

Fri 05 Nov - Bath (H) - We are likely to be without Genge, Dolly, Martin, B Youngs, Steward, Saumaki, Montoya, Moroni, Nadolo, Murimurivalu, Van Staden, Wiese. *I'm guessing on current form Bath will be pretty happy about this!

Potential Side vs Bath
Van Wyk, Clare, Cole, Wells, Snyman, Chessum, Reffell, Liebenberg, JvP, Ford, Potter, Scott, Kelly, Porter, Hegarty

Premiership Cup matches I expect something like
Whitcombe, Cowen-Dickie, Hurd, Green, Henderson, Chessum, Brink, Smith, Wigglesworth, Lancaster, Van Wyk, Socino, Taute, Porter, Hegarty with Leatigaga, Heyes, Reffell, Burns perhaps adding some experience as required.

Of course, there is every chance that I have missed something so forgive me, just my thoughts on the potential impact of the upcoming International fixtures. Idle ramblings on a Monday night :smt024 :smt030 :smt017
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Well done to all concerned …provides us with some challenges mind
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.nottinghamrugby.co.uk/fixtu ... s#fixtures

Nottingham have a free weekend the same weekend as the Saints game that means our partnership with them could be very handy...

I think therefore we could be looking at a dual registration for their Skipper Jake Farnworth for example who will have trained with us etc being able to play for us without leaving Nottingham short
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

EJ seems to be cutting off his nose to spite his face. What I don’t understand with some selections is that the alternatives are no better. You may not start Billy but surely he’s in the squad given recent form. No Ford, well he’s a muppet isn’t he Jones. I find that choice a bit absurd but he’s put his faith in Farrell, who is captain, so he has to start doesn’t he. The one that makes sense to me to Mako because Genge is a better player than him now and Marler a world class scrummager. As for George, same as Billy- why not have him in the squad? What are you proving by omitting him? Also, it’s a position where experience is invaluable.
England choices at inside centre are pretty poor. As usual the entire England centre options rest of Manu being fit and firing.
EJ decision often appear so incoherent but then again- he probably likes that doesn’t he?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigers86asw wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:51 pm EJ seems to be cutting off his nose to spite his face. What I don’t understand with some selections is that the alternatives are no better. You may not start Billy but surely he’s in the squad given recent form. No Ford, well he’s a muppet isn’t he Jones. I find that choice a bit absurd but he’s put his faith in Farrell, who is captain, so he has to start doesn’t he. The one that makes sense to me to Mako because Genge is a better player than him now and Marler a world class scrummager. As for George, same as Billy- why not have him in the squad? What are you proving by omitting him? Also, it’s a position where experience is invaluable.
England choices at inside centre are pretty poor. As usual the entire England centre options rest of Manu being fit and firing.
EJ decision often appear so incoherent but then again- he probably likes that doesn’t he?
The word on the street is that he's starting Curry at 8
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Nadolo and Murimurivalu not been called up by Fiji
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Can Nemzy throw the line out?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

anz3001 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:47 am Can Nemzy throw the line out?
He can do anything he wants, whose to argue? :smt044 :smt044
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Looking at the cross over with the Saints and more importantly Bath fixtures, I’m wondering if Borthwick sticks with his recent plan of not playing recently released internationals. Can see Martin being released from AI match day duty for example.

Positive news for us on Nadolo and Kini. Just hoping that Rassie picks Evan Roos and gives us back one of our monster back rowers!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

AI's squad of
1. Leatigaga, Van Wyk, Whitcombe
2. Clare, TCD, Vanes
3. Cole, Heyes, Hurd(?)
4. Wells, Henderson
5. Green, Snyman
6. Liebenberg, Chessum
7. Reffell, Ilione (? injury)
8. Brink(?), Evans
9. JVP, Wigglesworth, Law
10. Ford, Burns, Lancaster
11. Potter, Van Wyk
12. Kelly, Socino,
13. Scott(?), Porter
14. Nadolo, Browning
15. Murimurivalu, Hegarty
If Clare still injured would like for us to borrow Farnworth potentially for a couple games.

It's pretty good all things considering.