Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Sale (H) 23rd October 2021 - 3pm

Post by Scott1 »

Same again?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale (H) 23rd October 2021 - 3pm

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:35 pmSame again?
Quite possibly. Maybe 1 or 2 minor changes. Maybe Hayes and Coley doing a swap or maybe even giving Dan a week off. Other than that, not many of that 23 from today have been played in to the ground
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I’m expecting a dog fight. We’ll need to be on it from minute 1. I can see it being similar to the Sarries game. There’s going to be some huge collisions. Should be epic. The crowd will play a massive part.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Going to be massive battle up front, some tweaks in the pack for me. Probably best to keep some continuity in the backline as we’ll need to be taking our chances.

Genge Montoya Heyes
Wells Green
Martin Wiese MVS
Youngs Ford
Scott Moroni
Nadolo Steward Potter

Dolly Leatigaga Cole Chessum Liebenberg JVP Burns Muri
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Hope we get Barnes for this one. Pearce was ok today but felt like he went easy on Worcester second half. Clear knock on by their 15 ignored, Nadolo over the ball on their 5m line lifting man and ball, nothing given and so many times we should have been rewarded at the breakdown. That said, he’s a quality referee and had a reasonable game today for me.

Definitely keen to keep the continuity going. 3 massive games now at home against Sale and Bath with an away trip to Saints in between.

Would like to see Montoya, Moroni, MVS and Wiese feature in all of the above if possible.

Not sure why Youngs wasn’t in the squad today? Maybe Injury but I’d keep the starting XV the same and bring Youngs in for Wigglesworth. Though the lock pairing in particular seemed to work well so keep that the same.

Maybe Martin on the bench for Chessum although he had a great impact today off the bench. Tough one.

3 big games then the Premiership cup comes along and the bulk of the players will get a rest.

Crazy to think our Premiership Cup side could be something like:

Van Wyk Clare Heyes Green Henderson Chessum Reffell Evans Wigglesworth Lancaster Van Wyk Socino Porter Saumaki Hegarty

Big game next week.. back to fortress MWWR.. big home crowd, expecting an arm wrestle but very winnable
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Sale had a very fast defence on Friday and shut Quins down. They were also inaccurate which doesn't usually happen twice on the trot. We need to be at our sharpest. Really hoping for 6 wins from 6. This rest weekend annoying though.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I think this all makes sense
How good is it though having such a depth of squad
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:15 pm Crazy to think our Premiership Cup side could be something like:

Van Wyk Clare Heyes Green Henderson Chessum Reffell Evans Wigglesworth Lancaster Van Wyk Socino Porter Saumaki Hegarty

Big game next week.. back to fortress MWWR.. big home crowd, expecting an arm wrestle but very winnable
Question, is Evans still with us?

He was announced as a short term signing with Brink injured and Wiese & Van Staden with the springboks, now that those two are back I don't know if Evans will be with us or not now? Certainly I doubt he'll play as currently he doesn't count towards the cap.

Same potentially with Cowan-Dickie, with Montoya back he may have left, but possibly not given Clare and OTY may not be available yet.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:06 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:15 pm Crazy to think our Premiership Cup side could be something like:

Question, is Evans still with us?

He was announced as a short term signing with Brink injured and Wiese & Van Staden with the springboks, now that those two are back I don't know if Evans will be with us or not now? Certainly I doubt he'll play as currently he doesn't count towards the cap.

Same potentially with Cowan-Dickie, with Montoya back he may have left, but possibly not given Clare and OTY may not be available yet.
Honest answer is I’m not sure but he’s still listed on the Tigers website squad page
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

War of attrition and old fashioned 'arm wrestle' on the way I believe ,and if the heavens open ........Looking forward to this one
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

If Evans was signed as injury cover the cap won't be of a concern in that regards.
Personally I hope we have kept him till end of year, Wiese and Van Staden are potentially with the Boks.
6. Martin, Chessum
7. Reffell, Brink
8. Liebenberg, Evans
Has good balance to it.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Interesting game.
For me Manu's proper return not in a empty stadium v his replacement in Moroni
Both team's have their SA forwards back.

Sale missing their main 10's is a plus
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:23 am Interesting game.

Faf back?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:27 am

Faf back?
Injured sounds like he will be out for a few months
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:30 am
Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:27 am

Faf back?
Injured sounds like he will be out for a few months
With him and McGinty out that’s a big plus. I thought overall McGinty was probably the leagues best 10 last season but I did seem to have watched more of him for some reason so could be skewed