Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Worcester (A) 16th October - 3pm

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

In the words of Worcester Warriors head coach Jonathan Thomas:

“They're top of the league for a reason. They absolutely steamrollered us. Physically they dominated. That is the the most complete team performance I've seen in the Premiership for a long time”
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:26 pm In the words of Worcester Warriors head coach Jonathan Thomas:

“They're top of the league for a reason. They absolutely steamrollered us. Physically they dominated. That is the the most complete team performance I've seen in the Premiership for a long time”
👀👀👀 excited for this!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:20 pm Unbelievable result - didn’t expect us to lose but equally didn’t expect this scale of victory

Ominous for Warriors
They'll be glad that there is no relegation.

In fairness to Worcester, they had almost wholesale changes after last season and it will take time for their combinations to bed in. Even with that in mind, to concede 7 tries without reply at home is a hammering in anyone's book and I can't see them dragging themselves up any time soon. Last season, at least they were competitive - especially at home.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Thought Snyman had a great game playing in front of his fellow countrymen back row.. the lock pairing of Wells and Snyman looks fantastic and Henderson had a great cameo off the bench with a Crofty-esq break..

That 23 will be hard to top.. maybe Youngs for Wigglesworth and I think that’s about as strong as it gets. Everyone today from 1-23 put their hand up and showed what they can do.

With the likes of Youngs, Clare, Martin, Green, Reffell, Brink, Porter, Saumaki not even in the 23 I think we are in great shape.

Van Staden is a machine. He was everywhere, huge hits, big carries, over the ball (not that Pearce gave him anything).. what a player he will be for us
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:32 pm Thought Snyman had a great game playing in front of his fellow countrymen back row.. the lock pairing of Wells and Snyman looks fantastic and Henderson had a great cameo off the bench with a Crofty-esq break..

That 23 will be hard to top.. maybe Youngs for Wigglesworth and I think that’s about as strong as it gets. Everyone today from 1-23 put their hand up and showed what they can do.

With the likes of Youngs, Clare, Martin, Green, Reffell, Brink, Porter, Saumaki not even in the 23 I think we are in great shape
...... Kelly, van Wyk (x2), Hegarty.....
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:34 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:32 pm Thought Snyman had a great game playing in front of his fellow countrymen back row.. the lock pairing of Wells and Snyman looks fantastic and Henderson had a great cameo off the bench with a Crofty-esq break..

With the likes of Youngs, Clare, Martin, Green, Reffell, Brink, Porter, Saumaki not even in the 23 I think we are in great shape
...... Kelly, van Wyk (x2), Hegarty.....
Kelly and FVW yes agreed, Hegarty I'm yet to see what he has to offer but KVW isn't up to the same standard as the rest imho. Potter and Nadolo showed they are nailed on first choice I think and Kini had a great game for his first outing of the season. Can't wait to see a little more of Saumaki too
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

What time do the highlights usually go on? 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:40 pm What time do the highlights usually go on? 😂
Not soon enough!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:44 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:40 pm What time do the highlights usually go on? 😂
Not soon enough!
I’m now watching Cardiff v Sharks. Montpellier v Clermont earlier was a cracker though 👍
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

0300 tomorrow, I believe
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

chris111 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:46 pm
0300 tomorrow, I believe
That the highlights as well as the full game?
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:47 pm
0300 tomorrow, I believe
Not sure - is it actually full game? I thought it was edited down to around 60mins playing time (so basically cutting the injury/water breaks and scrum resets!)
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

chris111 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:47 pm

0300 tomorrow, I believe
Not sure - is it actually full game? I thought it was edited down to around 60mins playing time (so basically cutting the injury/water breaks and scrum resets!)
Not sure but there’s a 5/6 minute highlights vid that usually go on before the games do. I’m hoping thats still the case,I can’t wait until tomorrow morning 😂
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Just think ,if everyone was fit we could put out a secondary BR of Martin,Reffell,Brink. Has anyone else got that strength in depth in the back row. One time you could perhaps say Exeter maybe
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

The Premiership website has Steward winning one line out. Did he throw a quick one to himself,must be that surely.