Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish (A) Sat 9th Oct & Worcester (A) Sat 16th Oct

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/LeicesterTigers/sta ... PLP_Q&s=19

Notice a pic of Hegarty training here so wonder if we may see him this weekend.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:47 pm 3 of the players are returning to Tigers so should be able to fit in quicker if required, Van Staden is joining the club so even if fit will take longer to integrate in, let alone move to Leicester, if he has gone via SA he won't be available for a while.
Wiese came into the 23 very quickly after arriving with Tigers IIRC so Borthwick might be willing to pick van Staden quickly if he feels he's ready.

I believe LI are just waiting on Gigena as Creevy, Coleman and Simmons are all out of their respective international squads, plus they're fit and starting together for a change. That's a good unit and will be a good test.

I don't want to sound pessimistic after a start I'm delighted with but the lock pairings we've faced so far in Slater & Davidson, Witty & Lonsdale, Isiekwe & Swinson haven't been the strongest. I thought it was noticeable the issues that a top lock in Isiekwe caused us at the weekend. Simmons and Coleman with old favourite Steve Mafi on the bench would be the biggest challenge our locks have faced this season.

Hoskins vs Genge should be a good battle this weekend as well. Hoskins is a really underrated TH in my opinion but with the form Genge is in he should be able to get an upper-hand there.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Stating the obvious, this is a tough test.

They will feel unlucky to have not beaten both Sale and Saints and they are at home - could be a cracker...Interesting selection week too for SB......
Less is more....
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Devastated, life is back to normal, what gambling sites stream the non BT games 🥲
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Warriors skipper Ted Hill, 22, was sent off for a tip tackle during their home defeat by Gloucester last weekend. Hill is suspended for 3 matches so misses the Tigers game.

Worcester will also be without Owen Williams and Melani Nanai against Exeter because of hamstring injuries so doubtful they will feature against us a week later.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Hi all-is the Irish match on TV anywhere, please ?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

It could be the radio + the highlights show :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

fortysix wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:04 am Hi all-is the Irish match on TV anywhere, please ?
Believe not on TV - BT have reverted to original scheduling of only showing a select few games.

Looks like:

Friday - Quins vs Bristol. BT1
Saturday - Sarries vs Falcons BT2
Sunday - Wasps vs Saints BT1
peteD

Post by peteD »

I wonder how long BT will keep giving Sarries games a tv slot? Tries being scored by lots of different teams and the two dullest games of the season have both involved sarries (ignore the last 5 mins of our game, most neutrals would have fallen asleep by then :smt015 )
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

peteD wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:28 pm I wonder how long BT will keep giving Sarries games a tv slot? Tries being scored by lots of different teams and the two dullest games of the season have both involved sarries (ignore the last 5 mins of our game, most neutrals would have fallen asleep by then :smt015 )
Once the novelty of returning Lions wears off and if they are both dull and mid table then their coverage will ease off. The coverage will have been picked in advance so the story of Sarries returning from the naughty step, big names looking for redemption from Lions or having been dropped by England will have been an easy choice.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I thought that the TV schedule has been designed to give all teams similar exposure. Hence the rotation of Friday night / Sunday afternoon games which are always televised.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

peteD wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:28 pm I wonder how long BT will keep giving Sarries games a tv slot? Tries being scored by lots of different teams and the two dullest games of the season have both involved sarries (ignore the last 5 mins of our game, most neutrals would have fallen asleep by then :smt015 )
Sarries have 8 games on TV out of first 10 rounds so it would appear that way but we have 6 and Exeter have 8 also so doesn't seem that bad to me. After the way Tigers have performed the last few years I'm not surprised we are down the pecking order in terms of televised matches. Just be glad we have 6 matches I suppose as Worcester only have 1 on TV in the first 10 rounds!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

I think all games are shown in full on premiership rugby site 12 hours after kick-off.

So I’m going to be turning the phone off and watching Sunday morning.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:22 pm
Sarries have 8 games on TV out of first 10 rounds so it would appear that way but we have 6 and Exeter have 8 also so doesn't seem that bad to me. After the way Tigers have performed the last few years I'm not surprised we are down the pecking order in terms of televised matches. Just be glad we have 6 matches I suppose as Worcester only have 1 on TV in the first 10 rounds!
But aren't we the most supported club, thereby generating the most interest? That Sarries have the most matches seems to me more because they are based in London, which is also IMHO why the media always back them instead of Tigers. Recently, of course, this has been backed by their winning, but we all know how they managed that! Sorry rant over. Surely it makes commercial sense to show the games with the greatest audience, IE Tigers all the time. [Slight tongue in cheek] :smt038
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

SthrnTiger wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:40 pm I think all games are shown in full on premiership rugby site 12 hours after kick-off.

So I’m going to be turning the phone off and watching Sunday morning.
Now this is interesting.. hope you are right! :smt023

EDIT - just looked on the app and not all games from last few rounds are on there so not sure this is correct.