Kelly cited

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Kelly cited

Post by ads »

DingDong wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:44 pm Some very green/red/white tinted glasses on this thread!!

Kelly did not get a 'shove' from Steward, Kelly had full vision of the player on the ground, had time to pull out but then targeted his head with force, no accident and knew what he was doing so no mitigation in the offence, the only mitigation will be pleading guilty and his previous good record. Stole a win there but who hasn't at some time or another?

Ridley was blindsided to the Kelly incident, his TMO however had time and the resources to review and refer but chose not to, his AR on that side was in full view so again - whoops, a helluva clanger from those 2 officials!
Calm yourself down, I said "little shove" as Stewards hand is definitely on Kellys back just before he goes down on the Sarries player, whether he actually shoves him or not I dunno, just doing a cathcphrase and saying what I see.
I also acknowledged he hit the players head/shoulder with his upper arm/shoulder and didn;t try to pull out.

Like I say hopefully he learns from it, hardly a major incident so hoefully his ban isn't too long.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Any news on this - thought he was up before the beak last night? Cant find anything on any of the socials....
Less is more....
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Either way, if that was the other way around, they'd be uproar on here.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:01 am Either way, if that was the other way around, they'd be uproar on here.
Probably - didn’t see it in real time as I was in the opposite corner of the ground. Having watched the replay it’s still a tough call. Poor timing? Probably. Lost control on a very wet surface? Also probable. Beyond that, the endless Slo-mos and multiple angles will do little to shed light on intent (whether it was merely a careless/reckless, or deliberate foul play). I assume he’ll plead guilty, and be given the benefit of the doubt together with a 2/3 week ban.

The more straightforward matter is that he was extremely fortunate that it didn’t lose us the match. There’d have been an outpouring of rage on this forum if the penalty had been reversed…but we frankly got lucky that the officials either didn’t spot it, or looked and made a very marginal call in Kelly’s favour.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:01 am Either way, if that was the other way around, they'd be uproar on here.

Indeed your right but its not as if we have never been robbed of a victory at Welford Road due to a failure of officiating. These things have a way of levelling themselves up.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

i think there was intent - he looked to aim at him in retaliation for the late hit on his team mate.

We got away with that call - no doubt. We lost another marginal call in that corner v Bristol at the end of the season.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect decisions to be 100% - whether from sir or the man in the van or the touch judges (old school names I know)
And as a previous poster mentions, they tend to even themselves out over time.
Less is more....
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I think that call did level things up. Sir somewhat bottled sin binning Earl and gave Sarries a very generous second warning for collapsing rolling mauls. We were in the ascendancy at that point in the game and one less Sarries forward, particularly the one most key in their kick chase, would have made a difference. We lost out there but gained with the decision at the end. Swings and roundabouts.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Bunchy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:22 am Any news on this - thought he was up before the beak last night? Cant find anything on any of the socials....
In an unprecedented sanction the authorities have reversed the match result and awarded it to Sarries 12-6 - ok only joking but it would be good to hear outcome
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Do we reckon Dan baked his own biscuits or got his mum to sort them out?

Could be involved in why we haven't heard anything yet...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Can you imagine the reaction if it had been Farrell, not Kelly.
Someone would have started a petition to bring back hanging.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Dokie wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:52 pm
Can you imagine the reaction if it had been Farrell, not Kelly.
Someone would have started a petition to bring back hanging.
Yeah and more than Tigers fans would have signed it. Media would have gone nuts.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Farrell should know better, he has the years of international experience that Kelly doesn’t yet have. Kelly should know better too, so let us hope he learns his lesson as next time it could cost us the game.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

3 weeks
2 weeks with completion of a coaching intervention.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Fair enough I think.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Back in time for the Sale game, once he's dropped off another batch of biscuits on his way to a coaching intervention course is ok I think.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.