Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Round 3 other matches

Post by Crofty »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:50 pm
Greenwhiteandred wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:49 pm Tempest needs some glasses - how he didn’t see the high tackle ?
Come back for it now so right outcome but another miss by Tempo.. not his finest game tonight
Out of curiosity when was his finest game? Has he ever put in a performance that could be described as fine (as in acceptable)?

This was why I raved about the Exeter game, we played Ian "complete control" Tempest out of it which was almost as much of the win as playing Exeter out of the game was...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

How big is JP Du Preez by the way! Him running through the Exeter defence looked like the teacher playing rugby against his junior school kids! :smt027
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Witty.....try of the season! 🤣🤣
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Decent result today for us. 4-0 to Exeter and Van Rensberg likely suspended for the visit to Tigers
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Will Witty a try for the ages ! Absolute quality I was dancing around the front room - so good to see. De Preez’s run in the second half was decent as well- so good to see the unsung heroes in the spot light. Never get any credit do locks - all the unseen work, hitting rucks etc
Last edited by westwinds31 on Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:27 pm Will Witty a try for the ages ! Absolute quality I was dancing around the front room - so good to see. De Perez’s run in the second half was decent as well- so good to see the unsung heroes in the spot light. Never get any credit do locks - all the unseen work, hitting rucks etc
Agreed in spades.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Agreed, and I think Exeter may be a different proposition when we go to their place .
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:56 pm Witty.....try of the season! 🤣🤣
What a moment. Brought a huge smile to my face.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:04 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:27 pm Will Witty a try for the ages ! Absolute quality I was dancing around the front room - so good to see. De Perez’s run in the second half was decent as well- so good to see the unsung heroes in the spot light. Never get any credit do locks - all the unseen work, hitting rucks etc
Agreed in spades.
It just makes me appreciate Calum Green even more. Never gets mentioned, runs the lineout, pushes, hits rucks, clears out, tackles and makes the odd carry.