Round 3 - Saracens (H) - Saturday 02nd October 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Round 3 - Saracens (H) - Saturday 02nd October 2021

Post by Ian Cant »

I will be shouting as loudly as I did v Exeter then had hardly any voice for 2 days.
It’s strange as I think those of us who went v Bristol and then Wasps away last season made more noise than I’ve heard for Tigers in the recent past when fans attended.

It would be great to create the sensational atmosphere we had in the days Deano and Johnno. Make lots of noise throughout the whole game. Having part of the Crumbie missing doesn’t help so we have to get everyone behind the team.

As for the next few weeks. Play with little change to try to continue winning for as long as possible. Quins only rested players when their Euro campaign was over and
it really paid off. For now, it’s one game at a time. Sarries is another huge challenge!
Any result is possible.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

So will the ABC Bar and Lounge be open this Saturday as I believed it was only closed because of the lack and refusal by Chiefs to get vaccinated and they fell below the 85% threshold.????
I hope this week the bars do not run out of beer and the queues for cup returns outside the Nottingham / Crumbie could convert their cups into donations for the developments.
Alternatively there was no queue under the Nottingham stand for returns and I was told they had beer too.. Win Win!
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:50 pm So will the ABC Bar and Lounge be open this Saturday as I believed it was only closed because of the lack and refusal by Chiefs to get vaccinated and they fell below the 85% threshold.????
I hope this week the bars do not run out of beer and the queues for cup returns outside the Nottingham / Crumbie could convert their cups into donations for the developments.
Alternatively there was no queue under the Nottingham stand for returns and I was told they had beer too.. Win Win!
Why don’t you just knock the rugby on the head and go to the pub?
bendy

Post by bendy »

Yeah. Heaven forbid he have a pint or two on a Saturday afternoon. He'll be making noise and enjoying himself next, and then where will we be??
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:50 pm So will the ABC Bar and Lounge be open this Saturday as I believed it was only closed because of the lack and refusal by Chiefs to get vaccinated and they fell below the 85% threshold.????
I may be wrong, but thought the league stance was these measures in place till all clubs have reached the 85% (even if the 2 clubs involved have met it) I think to prevent discrimination against certain clubs?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

mightymouse wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:52 pm I have to agree with whole heartedly!
We have to treat this game as if we are the biggest underdogs the world has ever know and they are our fiercest rivals. We have to shout and chant ourselves hoarse both in attack and more importantly in Defence for 80 plus minutes. We must cheer every tiny win whether it’s a tackle or a scrum or a break! We have to question every decision against us and we have to ridicule every error they make! That’s what made away teams quake in front of the Crumbie Terrace (don’t know or care what they call it now .. it’ll always be the Crumbie to me) it’s been too easy for too long to visit Welford Road.. We need to make it a place of fear once more .. make The Shed look like a damn tea party!
I'm in 100% on this, apologies in advance to those around me on the Crumbie Terrace though if you join me I'll be less annoying...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Required for Saturday a raincoat, hat and a good pair of lungs. Sod the telly BE THERE!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:13 am Required for Saturday a raincoat, hat and a good pair of lungs. Sod the telly BE THERE!
Additional items of clothing recommended! :smt002 The image of Nofrontteeth in just a hat and raincoat shouting "Tigers, Tigers, Tigers.." is one that will be hard to shift! :smt047 :smt034
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

All joking aside it looks pretty wet on Sat so forward dominance will be key.. will be interesting to see if Sarries select Billy and Mako as they will make a big difference in that department
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Don't worry folks I'll keep the mac zipped :smt039. I agree a strong start needed something we have missed over the last few seasons till this one. C'mon 🐅 Tigers
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:34 am
Nofrontteeth wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:13 am Required for Saturday a raincoat, hat and a good pair of lungs. Sod the telly BE THERE!
Additional items of clothing recommended! :smt002 The image of Nofrontteeth in just a hat and raincoat shouting "Tigers, Tigers, Tigers.." is one that will be hard to shift! :smt047 :smt034
A flash of inspiration perhaps?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Old Hob wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:57 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:34 am
A flash of inspiration perhaps?
Taxi!!!!!
Semper in excretia
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Did not expect that team...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:02 pm Did not expect that team...
Great to see Saumaki and Socino in line for a run out. Fair bit of rotation but still very strong
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Really hope Steve has something up his sleeve as that team really is not what I would have expected against Sarries..