ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New kit 21/22

Post by ads »

Traveller wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:55 pm
JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:24 pm
Traveller wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:20 pm

I understand the emotional attachment and the sense of privilege a supporter would have. I am very pleased for him.

I am just trying to work out if this is a good or superbly designed rugby shirt what would bad or terrible look like? What would have to happen to make it so? Blue and white stripes? Where is the design? I am happy to learn..........
I was just sharing it as a general thing and thought it would be appreciated regardless of one’s view of the kit designs, it was not intended to change people’s minds on them, :smt023
No. I think it's a really nice story. Wasn't being critical of the story itself. Just the 'design'. I don't know what design means any more. That said we seem to have dodged a bullet compared with the Saints effort. Are people setting out to design shirts that absolutely no one would ever want to wear.
I'm sure you do. He's clearly been asked for an artistic design for the jersey. You know that massive mural that's on the wall behind him. The one that has been put on all of the jerseys. I'm pretty sure Samurai haven't asked him design the technical nature of the jersey!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:50 pm Whatever your views on the kits’ designs, I’m sure everyone can agree this is really good:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRomSmDD-h1 ... =copy_link
To be fair that Tiger head artwork is the best bit of the kit design. Just purchased the dark green "ringer" t-shirt and that has it on. He's done his dad proud there.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

ads wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:14 am
Traveller wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:55 pm
JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:24 pm
I was just sharing it as a general thing and thought it would be appreciated regardless of one’s view of the kit designs, it was not intended to change people’s minds on them, :smt023
No. I think it's a really nice story. Wasn't being critical of the story itself. Just the 'design'. I don't know what design means any more. That said we seem to have dodged a bullet compared with the Saints effort. Are people setting out to design shirts that absolutely no one would ever want to wear.
I'm sure you do. He's clearly been asked for an artistic design for the jersey. You know that massive mural that's on the wall behind him. The one that has been put on all of the jerseys. I'm pretty sure Samurai haven't asked him design the technical nature of the jersey!
I'm sure you do

If I say 'I don't know', then it would be wise not to credit me with any degree of linguistic sophistication or subtly. It mean's I don't know. It doesn't mean 'I do'. IMHO I think it is a mess of sponsors labels, the mural (I thought Tigers were the clients) and a vague nod to Tigers colours which seems to incorporate one orange shoulder and a green one. A few very thin white strips. Half bands of colour that reach half way across the shirt. To me its a complete mess. Just a jumble of stuff. If this is good.I have no idea what really bad would look like. Honestly. But to be fair, if we get into the Prem final next year I will by one.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

As was mentioned in the press releases last season we are not going to get a traditional style kit anytime soon as those are being used for the DPD and Academy
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:23 am As was mentioned in the press releases last season we are not going to get a traditional style kit anytime soon as those are being used for the DPD and Academy
Which makes sense. Those kits are important to develop the ethos and remember the heritage of the club for the up and coming players.

The playing/replica kits have to be judged for what they are: revenue earners. Hence there is no point in repeating a traditional design. Bar the shade of green and the cut of the shoulders, we had a relatively "authentic" traditional kit from Kooga 5 or 6 seasons ago, so wouldn't expect it again any time soon.
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Traveller wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:38 amTo me its a complete mess. Just a jumble of stuff.
Not a jumble of stuff but a commercial solution to fund the club. Unless you have one fabulously wealthy owner (Bath) then expect multiple sponsors to top up the coffers. Aesthetics are subjective anyway, it's the badge that matters, when has one shirt ever pleased everyone?
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Anything that helps the club recover from the last 18 months of chaos is ok by me
A2O
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:59 am
kpj tiger wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:23 am As was mentioned in the press releases last season we are not going to get a traditional style kit anytime soon as those are being used for the DPD and Academy
Which makes sense. Those kits are important to develop the ethos and remember the heritage of the club for the up and coming players.

The playing/replica kits have to be judged for what they are: revenue earners. Hence there is no point in repeating a traditional design. Bar the shade of green and the cut of the shoulders, we had a relatively "authentic" traditional kit from Kooga 5 or 6 seasons ago, so wouldn't expect it again any time soon.
We had a fairly traditional kit last season, I liked that a lot and still some people were unhappy. If anybody wants a traditional shirt with little in the way if sponsorship on it then the Captain's Collection is still available from the shop and you can't get more traditional than those offerings.

I'm not a big fan of this year's home kit though the away kit is starting to really grow on me. I do very much appreciate the new shop set up the club have gone with though. The range is now very good and I think there should be something for everyone in there.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

This is just pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the line the tiger design on the mural and kits could become the new logo?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Doesn't do it for me. £££s staying in the wallet on this one
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:17 pm This is just pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the line the tiger design on the mural and kits could become the new logo?
Its far too complex to make a logo that would be printed/embroidered on kit
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:58 pm
ads wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:28 pm The away one looks very Castleford Tigers to me.
In actual fact, I only live about 10 minutes away from Castleford so I might actually get one as it could confuse the hell out of some people round here!!
That was my thought the moment I saw the back..not a patch on the 20/21 away shirt, but I prefer the home over last season's.
Ah yes, it may quote "" not be a patch on the 20/21 away shirt """ but you only want patches when your number is added on the back! .... Back in business on the coats now for post covid large events too... :smt002
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:35 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:17 pm This is just pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the line the tiger design on the mural and kits could become the new logo?
Its far too complex to make a logo that would be printed/embroidered on kit
Is it? It’s not too dissimilar to the Castleford Tigers badge. They manage to print it ok.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Some footage , behind the scenes on the new kit launch...

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/go ... the-scenes
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

I wonder if the light green will return for just one season in 2030 as part of the 150 years anniversary