Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: Lions 2021

Post by kk20gb30 »

Alun Wyn Jones onto the bench for The Lions Vs The Stormers :

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/war ... 84789.html
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:44 am
mightymouse wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:25 pm Have to agree about Curry.. I would like to see Watson and curry in the same team .. Too many turnovers given away in first half. Thought Navidi had a poor game and again confused how he was chosen as a replacement for Tipiruc instead of Underhill
Simple, he's Welsh
Kind of you to suggest that we’re superior beings.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Dokie wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:02 pm
mightymouse wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:25 pm Have to agree about Curry.. I would like to see Watson and curry in the same team .. Too many turnovers given away in first half. Thought Navidi had a poor game and again confused how he was chosen as a replacement for Tipiruc instead of Underhill
Simple, he's Welsh
Chobbsy's had too many bangs to the head, methinks, even hinting that. I've walked through Townhill on a Friday night. I know better.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TA30
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TA30 »

Wiese on bench for SAs warm up v stormers tomorrow. Good news, as think a few of us were fearing the worst after LCD's hit on him.

Van Staden starts again. Thought he was great vs Lions, was always in the right place, an effective pest at breakdown and very physical. Suspect he is more likely to have involvement in the test series than Wiese, which is no slight on Jasper just reflective of the SA desire for size at 8.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Simple, he's Welsh
Superior something, but beings isn't what springs to mind
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:39 pm

Simple, he's Welsh
Chobbsy's had too many bangs to the head, methinks, even hinting that. I've walked through Townhill on a Friday night. I know better.
Hinting what that Kavidi is Welsh?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TA30 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:55 pm Wiese on bench for SAs warm up v stormers tomorrow. Good news, as think a few of us were fearing the worst after LCD's hit on him.

Van Staden starts again. Thought he was great vs Lions, was always in the right place, an effective pest at breakdown and very physical. Suspect he is more likely to have involvement in the test series than Wiese, which is no slight on Jasper just reflective of the SA desire for size at 8.
Isn't it The Bulls, thought we were playing The Stormers. And saying that about size ,if Vermuelen doesn't make it SA could play Kwagga Smith at 8,is he any bigger than Weise,if at all
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Smith might not be the biggest of 8s, but he reads the game better than Wiese, and that suits the Boks gameplan unfortunately for our Jasper.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:06 pm Smith might not be the biggest of 8s, but he reads the game better than Wiese, and that suits the Boks gameplan unfortunately for our Jasper.
He’s very skilful too,could easily play in the backs
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TA30
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TA30 »

Yes, SA playing Bulls, apols Scott. I was genuinely worried Wiese would be out for 6 months the way he reacted to the tackle..

If Vermeulen is out it does open the door, but I suspect Wiese is also behind Coetzee in pecking order who has yet to really feature due to Covid protocols. Plenty of rugby to be played over the next 4 weeks, so I'm not writing him off the whole series.

I would not pick anyone else to run through brick walls 15-20 plus times in a game, he'll break through eventually.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TA30 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:10 pm Yes, SA playing Bulls, apols Scott. I was genuinely worried Wiese would be out for 6 months the way he reacted to the tackle..

If Vermeulen is out it does open the door, but I suspect Wiese is also behind Coetzee in pecking order who has yet to really feature due to Covid protocols. Plenty of rugby to be played over the next 4 weeks, so I'm not writing him off the whole series.

I would not pick anyone else to run through brick walls 15-20 plus times in a game, he'll break through eventually.
Is that the Ulster Coetzee? Hes a top,top player and its a shame he's had bad injuries
TA30
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TA30 »

yup, that's the one - Marcell Coetzee. I have had an absolute mare tho, he has actually not been selected in the SA squad for the series. Coetzee is not playing FOR the Bulls this weekend because of Covid.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TA30 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:30 pm yup, that's the one - Marcell Coetzee. I have had an absolute mare tho, he has actually not been selected in the SA squad for the series. Coetzee is not playing FOR the Bulls this weekend because of Covid.
Blame the heat 😂👍
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:51 pm British and Irish Lions team vs Stormers: Hogg: Adams, Daly, Henshaw, Van der Merwe; Smith, Price, Sutherland, Cowan-Dickie, Furlong, Beard, Hill, Beirne, H Watson, Conan
Replacements: George, Vunipola, Fagerson, AW Jones, Simmonds, Davies, Harris, Rees-Zammit
I see they have selected 2 of your least favourite players, Hill and Daly? I didn't see any comment from you about Daly's last game when I though he was very good.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LE18 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:01 pm
Scott1 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:51 pm British and Irish Lions team vs Stormers: Hogg: Adams, Daly, Henshaw, Van der Merwe; Smith, Price, Sutherland, Cowan-Dickie, Furlong, Beard, Hill, Beirne, H Watson, Conan
Replacements: George, Vunipola, Fagerson, AW Jones, Simmonds, Davies, Harris, Rees-Zammit
I see they have selected 2 of your least favourite players, Hill and Daly? I didn't see any comment from you about Daly's last game when I though he was very good.
He was ok,wouldn't say he was very good. Hill won't be anywhere near the tests and it's well known that 13 has always been Dalys best position. I take it you mean the game prior to SA A against the Sharks where you thought he was verygood,he was very ordinary v SA A when he replaced Williams
Last edited by Scott1 on Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.