Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Final

Post by Scott1 »

Hahahahahahaaha come on Quins 🤣🤣🤣
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Wow, what a final. Just outstanding.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Can’t wait to watch this later!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Great game of rugby, Marcus Smith is just outstanding, he’s got it all, got to be England’s fly half for a long time.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:39 pm Great game of rugby, Marcus Smith is just outstanding, he’s got it all, got to be England’s fly half for a long time.
Not sure he fits with the way Eddie is currently wanting England to play, that said he could change the system to suit him
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Magnifique!!!
Semper in excretia
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Reflecting on the game you might just reflect that the game might have been said to have been lost by the inadequacy of two players who get picked by England - Hill and Williams.

Exeter front row done by Quins. Hill conceded penalties. I our darkest days that would have been an unbearable embarrassment.

Exeter are not the side they were and if we look through the flash I would argue Quins are not that great.

Bristol blew it.
My money is on Tigers next season with the uncertainty over Sarries who are on a different funding level.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Great game the Harlequins running game is stellar. They have so many players with serious pace posing threats all over the pitch making a, monkey of Chiefs. Strange I still remember them beating us in that 2012 final. Now if we had some gas 🙄
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Although a sensational game of rugby I can’t get my head around how a team who came fourth, fourteen points behind the leaders are now champions, I think the champions should be the team who finish on top but that’s the rules so we have to go with them.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:50 pm Although a sensational game of rugby I can’t get my head around how a team who came fourth, fourteen points behind the leaders are now champions, I think the champions should be the team who finish on top but that’s the rules so we have to go with them.
Agreed but it's all about making money and the current system is a cash cow for the clubs in the top 4 and Premiership Rugby
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

They brought the play offs in when we were so far out of sight that the season was as good as over by Xmas.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Great game and a great advert for the sport. Quins deserved that.
Top four next season is going to be very tight.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RichieB wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:06 pm Feeling a little envious of the level of skill, talent and commitment seen here in terms of attacking play. Don’t really see much of this with Tigers. I know our forward prowess is to be admired, but it is great to see this more free flowing rugby and much less emphasis on kicking.
Well I think the commitment is there. Hopefully the rest will come forth next season, we saw more as the season neared the conclusion.

Fantastic final, best one since Hipkiss ran in the late try Vs Sarries. Loved how both teams went out looking for tries. Good advert for the game.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

mol2 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:03 pm They brought the play offs in when we were so far out of sight that the season was as good as over by Xmas.
😂👍
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

Incredible from Quims, Smith is just the best 10 anywhere, but this really makes me hope that Borthwick can put us in exactly the same position next year.