Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Dokie »

ay2oh wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:39 pm
Dokie wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:30 pm
ay2oh wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:07 pm
What a surprise Dokie thinks that anyone who has played for Wales is magnificent and RB thinks he is the oracle
When have I suggested that anyone is magnificent ?
I have read your previous posts and it is obvious that you have a very high opinion of anyone who is Welsh
Not anyone, just those who are. I used the word ignorance earlier because I only offer opinions based upon what I know, whereas some regular posters clearly know next to nothing about Welsh players and spout absolute garbage.
On the subject of second rows, we’ve just lost Jake Ball, who I’ve always thought highly of and Hill is a very good all round player, who may well have secured the no. 4 shirt. AWJ will make the next World Cup and continues to set high standards. The jury is still out on Rowlands but having been dropped, Beard has been outstanding for the Ospreys. Then there is the new generation coming through that people won’t know if they don’t watch Welsh rugby: Ben Carter, Matthew Screech, Morgan Jones, Rhys Davies, Chris Tshiunza. Beyond Itoje, Launchbury and Ribbans, I’m not convinced that any English second rows would make the Welsh squad.
I do feel there’s a lot of anti Welsh sentiment on here, partly because of losing players like Jonah Holmes and Sam Costelow and partly because some just can’t stomach being beaten by your smaller neighbours. Imagine the German football team being regularly beaten by Luxembourg!
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

Dokie wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:11 am
I have read your previous posts and it is obvious that you have a very high opinion of anyone who is Welsh
Not anyone, just those who are. I used the word ignorance earlier because I only offer opinions based upon what I know, whereas some regular posters clearly know next to nothing about Welsh players and spout absolute garbage.
On the subject of second rows, we’ve just lost Jake Ball, who I’ve always thought highly of and Hill is a very good all round player, who may well have secured the no. 4 shirt. AWJ will make the next World Cup and continues to set high standards. The jury is still out on Rowlands but having been dropped, Beard has been outstanding for the Ospreys. Then there is the new generation coming through that people won’t know if they don’t watch Welsh rugby: Ben Carter, Matthew Screech, Morgan Jones, Rhys Davies, Chris Tshiunza. Beyond Itoje, Launchbury and Ribbans, I’m not convinced that any English second rows would make the Welsh squad.
I do feel there’s a lot of anti Welsh sentiment on here, partly because of losing players like Jonah Holmes and Sam Costelow and partly because some just can’t stomach being beaten by your smaller neighbours. Imagine the German football team being regularly beaten by Luxembourg!
I think that’d be the only time they think about them…
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Lawes and Johnny Hill are both Lions and both are significantly better than Rowlands in the Prem. If either had opted for Wales over England they'd have walked into the squad. Then if we look at Ewels and Kruis...

I'm not sure how you can call Screech the next generation as he's 28 and uncapped.

It's hard to take Welsh Region form that seriously because they tend to underperform in the Pro14 and Europe on a consistent basis. The Welsh national team are a different beast entirely and the players tend to find another gear when it comes to pulling on the red shirt. I've already said if Cory Hill is going to bring the form he showed at the 6N I'd happily have him here.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:04 am
Lawes and Johnny Hill are both Lions and both are significantly better than Rowlands in the Prem. If either had opted for Wales over England they'd have walked into the squad. Then if we look at Ewels and Kruis...

I'm not sure how you can call Screech the next generation as he's 28 and uncapped.

It's hard to take Welsh Region form that seriously because they tend to underperform in the Pro14 and Europe on a consistent basis. The Welsh national team are a different beast entirely and the players tend to find another gear when it comes to pulling on the red shirt. I've already said if Cory Hill is going to bring the form he showed at the 6N I'd happily have him here.
Sorry, forgot about Lawes. I didn’t consider Kruis as he’s not a current international. To me, Hill and Ewels are very good club players. No idea how Hill made it on to the Lions squad.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Hill and Ewels are both poor Internationals for me but they walk into the Wales squad and both would comfortably start alongside The Warrior,that's without even mentioning Lawes ,Launchbury, Itoje and Harry Wells.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Don't rate Ball tbh,he wouldn't even have a cap if he was English and that's the truth of the matter
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Latest round up of 'transfers and news' collated by 'The Ruck' (June 17);

https://www.ruck.co.uk/transfer-round-u ... epartures/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:58 pm Oyonnax leavers
Lionel Beauxis to Béziers
Thibault Tauleigne to Mont-de-Marsan
Josh Tyrell to Biarritz
Antoine Zeghdar to Castres
Lilian Camara released
Benjamin Fall released
Chris Feauai-Sautia released
Tim Giresse released
Josh Strauss released
Frans van Wyk released
I have no idea who Frans van Wyk is, what position he plays, or if he's any good, however I demand we sign any available player called van Wyk
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerMac3 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:00 am
RagingBull wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:58 pm Oyonnax leavers
Lionel Beauxis to Béziers
Thibault Tauleigne to Mont-de-Marsan
Josh Tyrell to Biarritz
Antoine Zeghdar to Castres
Lilian Camara released
Benjamin Fall released
Chris Feauai-Sautia released
Tim Giresse released
Josh Strauss released
Frans van Wyk released
I have no idea who Frans van Wyk is, what position he plays, or if he's any good, however I demand we sign any available player called van Wyk
And his brothers (if he has any)
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Melbourne Rebels confirm some more leavers
Dane Haylett-Petty
Isi Naisarani
Steve Cummins (Pau)
Frank Lomani
Marika Koroibete
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Haylett-Petty very classy on his day, though you’d have to be worried about his history of concussions. Could see him in Japan.

Koroibete surely off to earn his share of Euros in France. Rebels said they’d do everything to keep him earlier in the year
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:46 am Melbourne Rebels confirm some more leavers
Dane Haylett-Petty
Isi Naisarani
Steve Cummins (Pau)
Frank Lomani
Marika Koroibete
Isi Naisarani could be fun although our back row is already very well stocked. Could he be the big signing?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:46 am Melbourne Rebels confirm some more leavers
Dane Haylett-Petty
Isi Naisarani
Steve Cummins (Pau)
Frank Lomani
Marika Koroibete
Isi Naisarani will be snapped up by a European team I'd have though. Big ball carrying Fijian/Australian backrow.