LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Post by KiwiTig »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:00 pm
LekkerTigers wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:58 pm
amazing tiger wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:55 pm So changing the subject away from the fords according to the ruck apparently the times are reporting we are lining up an offer for Tom curry when he comes back from the lions. Not sure how trustworthy the source is tbh
Exactly

I think we’re more likely to sign Ben than Tom. It can’t be helping Ben’s international ambitions to be stuck behind a near perfect replica of himself.
At the same time would Sale rather Ben or Tom though?
I don't think either are realistic
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE VI: The Return of the Burns

Post by RunTigerRun »

Joaquin Diaz Bonilla has effectively confirmed on his Instagram account that he will no longer be part of the Tigers squad next season, link to the post below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQHpwEgl5RQ ... =copy_link
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

When the original story (Kevin Sinfield) broke at the weekend tended to believe there was credence to it , however saw Sinfield as purely an addition rather than replacement. Borthwick's people continue to move into position.
Certainly wish Mike Ford well should he leave ,believe he has done a good job for us and hope any parting is/was on good terms with no bad blood - as blood is, and will always be thicker than water.
Finally , would hope any and all coaching and playing additions are in place as soon as possible, so as we may move forward toward a new season in a state of both unity and readiness.
Last edited by kk20gb30 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

The one thing I hope the club does is to clear up what is happening asap so that rumour doesn't follow rumour which can lead to unwanted consequences.
Hehehehehehehehe
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

wonder if the club will target League players more?

Not senior players so much but maybe more academy level.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I know the academy decision got reversed at least temporarily but with that level of uncertainty you could imagine that a lot of league youngsters could be tempted by union
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:15 am wonder if the club will target League players more?

Sinfields lad Jack is supposed to be a future league superstar. In the Leeds academy
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

Everyone already talking like M Ford is leaving. Did I miss an announcement?? If I didn't, you'll get so carried away with yourselves you convince yourselves of things that haven't even happened yet.
TA30
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TA30 »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:15 am wonder if the club will target League players more?

Scouting rugby league more due to their skillset is something Jan mentioned in one of the lttv interviews when he was here.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Yep

Also Phil Larder take on the Sinfield stuff
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugb ... s-20817112
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Academy league players in Australia would be a good target, ridiculous skillset. The consequence of proper and genuine investment in the development of rugby players in League down under.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:42 am Yep

Also Phil Larder take on the Sinfield stuff
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugb ... s-20817112
From the article;

If that’s the case, I think they would be using Kevin as a backs coach, an attacking coach, with a real strong personality and excellent man-management skills.

Which would make the most sense as the article also says Ford has a year left.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

The Ford/Sinfield speculation id very interesting and entertaining but it is just that, speculation.

Usually there is no smoke...... so Sinfeld is on balance probable joining Tigers. The reasons why, his role if and when he joins and the consequences, if any, for Ford will no doubt come to light in the near future.

From past experience SB seems to like to give all the news, both good and bad, at the same time.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Pearce9

Post by Pearce9 »

Did Leigh Jones ever arrive as General Manager? Having a quick look at Sinfield’s previous roles he seems more likely to be a fit here than anything else?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Let me nail my colours to the wind. I hope Kevin does come as an attack/skills coach and that Mike stays as a defence coach. That would seem to me to make perfect sense and complete our coaching lne-up - will it happen? I have my doubts.
Last edited by trendylfj on Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hehehehehehehehe