THE BIG ONE - Wasps (A) - 12th June 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: THE BIG ONE - Wasps (A) - 12th June 2021

Post by westwinds31 »

Wow some of these comments ! It seems we’ve lost this game without even setting foot on the pitch !
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Really hoping the team can finish on a high today. Worse case 10th or more likely (*) 9th place is an improvement on last year, but I’m hoping Bath lose and we can secure at least a point to stay in 8th. I can’t see either LI and Newcastle losing as likely to have weakened opposition, though I have not checked.

So let’s keep our score close, two points for Tigers to be safe, and (what am I about to say?!) come on you Saints! :smt005

(*Assuming I have done my maths right, if Tigers, Bath and Newcastle all finish on 49 then it’s unlikely they will BOTH have enough of a points difference to overtake us? I hope! It may be that all on 49 and our better points difference might keep BOTH below us, in which case we’d scrape 8th...I think!)
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

markharbtiger wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:16 am Tigers to be safe, and (what am I about to say?!) come on you Saints! :smt005

(*Assuming I have done my maths right, if Tigers, Bath and Newcastle all finish on 49 then it’s unlikely they will BOTH have enough of a points difference to overtake us? I hope! It may be that all on 49 and our better points difference might keep BOTH below us, in which case we’d scrape 8th...I think!)
It would go on games won before points difference......does not matter now as Irish game has been called off so they will get two points.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:07 am
markharbtiger wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:16 am Tigers to be safe, and (what am I about to say?!) come on you Saints! :smt005

It would go on games won before points difference......does not matter now as Irish game has been called off so they will get two points.
Ah yes I had NOT done my maths right, as I was assuming all three would be on 10 games won (which is incorrect). So have Bristol been awarded the win?
Last edited by markharbtiger on Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

markharbtiger wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:13 am
Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:07 am

Ah yes I had NOT done my maths right, as I was assuming all three would be on 10 games won (which is incorrect). So have Bristol been awarded the win?
Bristol haven't been awarded it yet "officially" as they always convene a panel, but I would be more than shocked if they overturned 4-2 to Bristol.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Irrespective of Bristol Vs Irish falling to Covid hopefully we can finish the season on a high note.If nothing else Steve Borthwick and his backroom staff has given us back belief , respectability and so much more.I believe we can genuinely look forward to the future....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

So we now only need to keep one of Bath or Newcastle below us to confirm 8th. (I hope)
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Let's just go out pressure off and get a W. As Borthwick says winning is a habit. Let Wasps focus on the nervy race for top 8, lets us go out and win a game, put a marker down finish in the top half of the league and make sure people know Tigers are on the prowl again!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:42 am Let's just go out pressure off and get a W. As Borthwick says winning is a habit. Let Wasps focus on the nervy race for top 8, lets us go out and win a game, put a marker down finish in the top half of the league and make sure people know Tigers are on the prowl again!
I agree that would be ideal.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

So unless Newcastle can overturn a 78 point deficit we are safe and finish top 8. Newcastle away to Quins so tough ask. Especially as Quins have a decent side out and are at home.

Looks like it’ll be Tigers Wasps and Bath making up the top 8
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Are we not considering a TBP W ????? Too much to ask for???? A turn of fortunes ???? :smt023
Now that would be a great end to our domestic season - and bragging rites. :smt038 :smt035
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wellstiger wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:21 am Are we not considering a TBP W ????? Too much to ask for???? A turn of fortunes ???? :smt023
Now that would be a great end to our domestic season - and bragging rites. :smt038 :smt035
Oh defo,but I’m a miserable sod! 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Given that both sides are likely to finish top eight, barring a surprising result by Newcastle, todays game could be a very open game and high scoring with all shackles removed.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:52 am Given that both sides are likely to finish top eight, barring a surprising result by Newcastle, todays game could be a very open game and high scoring with all shackles removed.
Think it would have been like that anyway,that's the way Wasps play.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Agreed: we will only beat Wasps like we beat Quins: 4 + tries for us as I will be surprised if Wasps don’t get 4: they must average at least that per game.
On the other hand( it won’t happen) I will take an ugly 18-10 win!!!