1 Round to go what we need

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: 1 Round to go what we need

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:06 pm Is there any team worth supporting in the play offs? Quins use to be my second team when Wig was their forwards coach but I don't really like how they treated Gustard and it's hard to see them being able to stand a chance of beating any of the other three teams. We all know my dislike for Exeter and the way Bristol have acted today has left a sour taste in the mouth, and as good as Sale are I can't stand Sanderson.
Can’t say I like any of the top 5 teams that much (or the bottom 6!) but I’m supporting Exeter. Don’t like Quins or Sale and there’s absolutely no way I’m supporting Bristol after today.. really admired them up until today but I guess we’ve seen their true colours now.. come on the Chiefs
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I'm supporting Sale TBH.
For me would be good for Northern rugby.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Quins and Sale for me!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:12 pm I'm supporting Sale TBH.
For me would be good for Northern rugby.
Agreed, also I don’t hold that many grudges against Manu so would be nice for him if he could lift a second Prem trophy.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Anyone want to bet Dixon as ref to put the tin hat on it?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

A win against the Pests is always going to taste sweet, hopefully a fully fit and pretty much full strength squad for the last game and we go out on a high.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Look - last game of the season. Its our final. Its ship or bust. Best strongest team and hope Tempest or Dixon are elsewhere.
We are more than good enough to beat the pests. Then its down to maths.
Meanwhile - I'll be grateful if Chiefs do us a favour.

What's the betting next week the Gods favour Saints, Barff and the Pests
Hey we'll still be in a better position than the past two seasons. :smt013
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

wellstiger wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:36 am Look - last game of the season. Its our final. Its ship or bust. Best strongest team and hope Tempest or Dixon are elsewhere.
We are more than good enough to beat the pests. Then its down to maths.
Meanwhile - I'll be grateful if Chiefs do us a favour.

What's the betting next week the Gods favour Saints, Barff and the Pests
Hey we'll still be in a better position than the past two seasons. :smt013
Yeah, and personally I'm not sure going into the top level in Europe at this stage in our development is what we need?
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Serious question here folks. Would we be better off spending another season in the Challenge cup with a reasonable chance of winning the trophy or qualifying for the Champions cup and probably not making the knock out stages ? Also would not being in the Champions cup affect our recruitment .
A2O
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Willis of Wasps has already said they are treating next week as a final.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

So Bristol go into the final round against top 8 rival Irish at home really needing a win to secure a home semi final v Quins instead of Exeter or Sale.

Saints go into their game v Bath IMO seeking a win as that Exeter game will leave a bad taste in the mouth
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

As good as home and dry now,thank you Chiefs!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:20 pm Serious question here folks. Would we be better off spending another season in the Challenge cup with a reasonable chance of winning the trophy or qualifying for the Champions cup and probably not making the knock out stages ? Also would not being in the Champions cup affect our recruitment .
Would we not then drop down into the Challenge cup for the final stages etc like teams did this year?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

LE18 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:08 pm
ay2oh wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:20 pm Serious question here folks. Would we be better off spending another season in the Challenge cup with a reasonable chance of winning the trophy or qualifying for the Champions cup and probably not making the knock out stages ? Also would not being in the Champions cup affect our recruitment .
Would we not then drop down into the Challenge cup for the final stages etc like teams did this year?
Has that been confirmed?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

LE18 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:08 pm
That may have been put in place as it was evident that not all group games would be completed and some teams may miss out on the knockout stages.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk