BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021 (NO CITINGS)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: BRISTOL (H) - 5th June 2021

Post by Scott1 »

TMO Dickson 🤮🤮🤮
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Perhaps you can have a beer with him after the game.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:39 pm
Noggs wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:45 pm I've put my name forward :smt040
Dear Noggs,
Thank you for you application but you are far too sensible. And anyway, we have now moved the game to a mainstream channel BTsport 3,
And the much more niche Channel 5...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

Scott1 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:49 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:34 pm I’ve said it already but hope Bristol bring their “first fifteen” as I want to see us have a good go at them.
I’d put Nadalo on the bench as he could be great in the last 20 if we are close to them.
JVP has to be involved as his pace in defence and attack will be needed v Bristol.
The main worry is if we persist with a kicking game Bristol will just run it back fast and hard. Kick to touch from the 22, get the defence spot on and hold onto the ball inside their half!!!
Thanks for informing me about the citing protocols.
If we kick long and don't get our chase and defensive line right we will get crushed! On the other hand Bristol play from deep so if you pressure them and get your line speed right,like against Quins,you can force them into mistakes
...we do seem to struggle with Ben Youngs box kicking, it tends to be something we with little thought going into it. The chase is not there or too much air and they run it back with interest.
JVP waiting in the wings and every game needs a JVP.
He makes things happen and when you have a player like that it lifts your game and the crowd.
For me Reffel and JVP should start all of the remaining games, absolute talented players who have earned starting roles for me.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

:smt023
Redstripeman wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:28 am
Scott1 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:49 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:34 pm I’ve said it already but hope Bristol bring their “first fifteen” as I want to see us have a good go at them.
I’d put Nadalo on the bench as he could be great in the last 20 if we are close to them.
JVP has to be involved as his pace in defence and attack will be needed v Bristol.
The main worry is if we persist with a kicking game Bristol will just run it back fast and hard. Kick to touch from the 22, get the defence spot on and hold onto the ball inside their half!!!
Thanks for informing me about the citing protocols.
If we kick long and don't get our chase and defensive line right we will get crushed! On the other hand Bristol play from deep so if you pressure them and get your line speed right,like against Quins,you can force them into mistakes
...we do seem to struggle with Ben Youngs box kicking, it tends to be something we with little thought going into it. The chase is not there or too much air and they run it back with interest.
JVP waiting in the wings and every game needs a JVP.
He makes things happen and when you have a player like that it lifts your game and the crowd.
For me Reffel and JVP should start all of the remaining games, absolute talented players who have earned starting roles for me.
:smt023
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Pat Lam expecting a tough, physical challenge :

https://www.bristolbearsrugby.com/news/ ... -road-lam/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

They kept Ford's injury quiet!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Bristol Bears: 15. Max Malins; 14. Piers O’Conor, 13. Semi Radradra, 12. Siale Piutau, 11. Henry Purdy; 10. Callum Sheedy, 9. Harry Randall; 1. Yann Thomas, 2. Will Capon, 3. Kyle Sinckler, 4. Dave Attwood, 5. Chris Vui, 6. Steven Luatua (c), 7. Dan Thomas, 8. Nathan Hughes.

Replacements: 16. Jake Kerr, 17. Jake Woolmore, 18. John Afoa, 19. Joe Joyce, 20. Ben Earl, 21. Andy Uren, 22. Ioan Lloyd, 23. Alapati Leiua.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Bristol looking strong.. very strong!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Steve Borthwick has named the Leicester Tigers matchday squad to take on Bristol Bears at Mattioli Woods Welford Road on Saturday in the final home game of the Gallagher Premiership season.
Tom Youngs will captain the team at hooker in the Tigers front row alongside props Ellis Genge and Dan Cole, with Harry Wells and Cameron Henderson in the second row.
George Martin returns to the starting line-up at blindside flanker, with Hanro Liebenberg moving to No.8 and Tommy Reffell at openside in the back row.
“They are the best team in the country and have deservedly led the league from the get-go this season and we’re aware that it will be a challenge for us on Saturday afternoon”

Steve Borthwick
Ben Youngs and Johnny McPhillips are the Leicester half-backs, while Matt Scott partners Matías Moroni in the Tigers midfield.

Freddie Steward is the full-back in a back three with wings Kini Murimurivalu and Harry Potter.

Julián Montoya is in line to make his return from injury after being included on the Tigers bench alongside James Whitcombe, Joe Heyes, Tomás Lavanini and Jasper Wiese as the replacement forwards.

Scrum-half Richard Wigglesworth is named as a backs replacement alongside Zack Henry and Nemani Nadolo and is in line to become the first player in the competition’s history to make 300 Premiership appearances.

Previewing Saturday’s fixture, Leicester Tigers head coach Steve Borthwick said: “Bristol are a superb side and have a star-studded squad at their disposal which they have heavily invested in over a number of seasons.

“They are the best team in the country and have deservedly led the league from the get-go this season and we’re aware that it will be a challenge for us on Saturday afternoon.”

Mattioli Woods Welford Road welcomes supporters to a match for the first time in more than 15 months on Saturday, which Borthwick said was “very pleasing” for the squad.

“We have missed our fans being with us at Mattioli Woods Welford Road, sharing matchdays with us over the past year, and it’s very exciting to have them back,” Borthwick said.

“I’m very pleased for the players that they get the opportunity to have this game in front of supporters and very pleased the supporters get to see this team representing them on the pitch.”

Discussing the return from injury of Montoya, Borthwick added: “It is great to welcome Julián back for Saturday’s game after a lengthy lay-off with injury.

“He was worked extremely hard and diligently in his recovery to get back to playing with his team-mates.”

Borthwick also described the potential milestone for Wigglesworth as “incredible”.

“To make 300 appearances in a competition like Premiership Rugby is an incredible achievement,” said the Tigers head coach.

“Richard has reached this feat through his determination and hunger to want to be the very best he can be and the high standards he sets himself as a professional player.

“It has been a great privilege for me to witness his hard work up close, first as a player and now as a coach.”

LEICESTER TIGERS XV:
[club appearances in brackets]

15 Freddie Steward [33]
14 Harry Potter [15]
13 Matías Moroni [15]
12 Matt Scott [23]
11 Kini Murimurivalu [21]
10 Johnny McPhillips [20]
9 Ben Youngs [262]
1 Ellis Genge [87]
2 Tom Youngs (c) [214]
3 Dan Cole [262]
4 Harry Wells [122]
5 Cameron Henderson [15]
6 George Martin [15]
7 Tommy Reffell [46]
8 Hanro Liebenberg [34]

REPLACEMENTS:
16 Julián Montoya [4]
17 James Whitcombe [6]
18 Joe Heyes [70]
19 Tomás Lavanini [35]
20 Jasper Wiese [18]
21 Richard Wigglesworth [14]
22 Zack Henry [25]
23 Nemani Nadolo [14]
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:01 pm Bristol looking strong.. very strong!
Even more worried now with no Ford and WW on the bench!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Gonna change to Bristol by 11-20 after seeing the 23s.
Last edited by Scott1 on Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Great to see Potter and Montoya back in the mix but no Ford is a big blow
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Yes that is a very strong squad.
Bristol favourites so a great chance to see how close we are to the top 4.
Come on Tigers.
Just waiting for the online form to come so we can attend tomorrow. Come on Tigers
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Betfair have the following odds:
Tigers 8/5
Bristol 4/7
Draw 20/1

Handicap Betting +5
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk