Worcester (A) - 29th May 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Worcester (A) - 29th May 2021

Post by wellstiger »

ZH is poor at 15. His tackling is poor and fluffed his lines. Unless Burns has improved on his tackling and has got faster, I fear much the same. We need another Steward.
VW has not lit any fires and has been given plenty of chances. Honestly see him moving on.
EG and TR were the reason for our win.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Away wins anywhere are hard to come by - the fact that we won without (as a team) playing particularly well actually speaks kindly for us.We can learn much - good and bad - about who we have wearing our shirt right now and our coaches do see.
For those who want to criticize, again I say remember where we were not too long ago ....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

I don’t like Henry at 15. At 10 it seems something is there but little rarely comes off. What I’m not sure of is the ratio of fault. The individual, the coaching, the team.
We have one of the best 10s in the world, and it’s not always easy for him
BrightonTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BrightonTiger »

Wow!!

We won, are 6th place in the league, got to a European final and all people can do is go on and on about how poor our players are!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

BrightonTiger wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:08 am Wow!!

We won, are 6th place in the league, got to a European final and all people can do is go on and on about how poor our players are!
Some things never change. Even if we had just played and beaten the All Blacks, some player(s) would be being slated on here, along with the compliments.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Worcester were the better side first half in my opinion, building phases they moved Leicester around.
Cole coming on made a huge difference slowing ruck speed.
Genge' finishing, superb.
Good comeback.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

ZH at 15 doesn’t work. He is not able to defend as a 15 should and doesn’t command when under the high ball. Reminds me of Daly, an England career beckons?

Back up 10 at best.

Too much ball kicked ahead when we have no speedsters. Kicking for touch or territory was ok but without the gas to pressure the opposition this is a limited plan.

When you have the rolling maul we have why, on the stroke of half time do we try whip the ball out of a 5m line out?
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:38 pm
teds wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:19 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:12 pm Yes: poor effort from too many but we won ugly and JVP and Whitcombe immense.
Now SB please get your first fifteen out for the last two games.
I’d make Genge captain as we need someone to talk to the ref: too many Worcester players kept shouting at the ref for penalties and a good captain would have politely but firmly asked the ref who their captain was.
If we had a thumbs up/agree button, I would have clicked it!
Surely it’s this: :smt023
Sorry, what I meant was being able to endorse a post without having to actually add a reply when I didn’t have any thing worth adding. If 30 people agreed with Ian’s post - in this case - seeing a little thumbs up sign with 30 next to it, would be far preferable to 30 quote replies.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

mol2 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:02 am ZH at 15 doesn’t work. He is not able to defend as a 15 should and doesn’t command when under the high ball. Reminds me of Daly, an England career beckons?

Back up 10 at best.

Too much ball kicked ahead when we have no speedsters. Kicking for touch or territory was ok but without the gas to pressure the opposition this is a limited plan.

When you have the rolling maul we have why, on the stroke of half time do we try whip the ball out of a 5m line out?
Probably because we weren't getting the usual returns from it, largely because Dickson didn't seem to think in at the side or changing the bind were against the laws of the game...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Crofty wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:17 am
mol2 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:02 am ZH at 15 doesn’t work. He is not able to defend as a 15 should and doesn’t command when under the high ball. Reminds me of Daly, an England career beckons?

Back up 10 at best.

Probably because we weren't getting the usual returns from it, largely because Dickson didn't seem to think in at the side or changing the bind were against the laws of the game...
But he was quick enough to, apparently, see Reffell become 'detached' at the back of a maul :smt017
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I am sorry for those who think we posters are always critical of our team.
Were not.
It is fair and right to suggest that we are better than some of the performances . We debate what we see will push our team on during the "Journey" to get top table. Some periods of the season we have given everything and showed our potential and still been on the wrong side of the scoreboard. Our comments have reflected this effort.
Other times we have had players who have fell short on matchday. We are all human and can have an off day.
Those of us who see players lacking experience but see potential reflect this. Then there are those who have not stepped up to the standards we identify with Tigers and probably never will. Are we not allowed to express this is on this forum.
Debate is what sport is about either over this forum or over a pint/coffee.
If my views offend .......!!!!!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

teds wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:30 am
teds wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:19 pm

If we had a thumbs up/agree button, I would have clicked it!
Sorry, what I meant was being able to endorse a post without having to actually add a reply when I didn’t have any thing worth adding. If 30 people agreed with Ian’s post - in this case - seeing a little thumbs up sign with 30 next to it, would be far preferable to 30 quote replies.
:smt023 Sorry..... Couldn't resist... But the Facebook style like, love, angry emoticons would help!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wellstiger wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:29 am I am sorry for those who think we posters are always critical of our team.
Were not.
It is fair and right to suggest that we are better than some of the performances . We debate what we see will push our team on during the "Journey" to get top table. Some periods of the season we have given everything and showed our potential and still been on the wrong side of the scoreboard. Our comments have reflected this effort.
Other times we have had players who have fell short on matchday. We are all human and can have an off day.
Those of us who see players lacking experience but see potential reflect this. Then there are those who have not stepped up to the standards we identify with Tigers and probably never will. Are we not allowed to express this is on this forum.
Fantastic post!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:38 am
teds wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:30 am

:smt023 Sorry..... Couldn't resist... But the Facebook style like, love, angry emoticons would help!
:smt023 :smt043 :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
BrightonTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BrightonTiger »

wellstiger wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:29 am I am sorry for those who think we posters are always critical of our team.
Were not.
Post away, why would I be offended?

Two people can watch the same game and interpret what that they are seeing completely differently.

Steve Borthwick felt it was an 80 minute performance which showed determination and composure. Others feel there were some poor preformance and some players will never be good enough.

I guess it comes down to mindset.