Six Nations to go to Sky? - Updated 19th May 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Six Nations to go to Sky? - Updated 19th May 2021

Post by Noggs »

Wonderful new both for the punters and for the game itself. That said the government should have this and test match cricket on the A list.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Think I would have preferred Stuart Barnes and crew to Eddie Butlers mob. :smt018
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

But Andrew Cottar (subs check spelling) is more than OK. I agree Butler, Davies etc need to retire.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Old Hob wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:14 pm But Andrew Cottar (subs check spelling) is more than OK. I agree Butler, Davies etc need to retire.
I remember Butler’s exaggerated pronunciation of French names! However, the commentators over here are no better, for example; ”Laycester”, “Gloocester”, “Georgia Ford /North”!!
Semper in excretia
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Proposed deal to last four years - a good move for the game I believe.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Old Hob wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:14 pm But Andrew Cottar (subs check spelling) is more than OK. I agree Butler, Davies etc need to retire.
Cotter’s in a class of his own. Davies and Moore are also the best analysts. Also like Guscott and Johnno in the studio.
Much better than the ITV team, who seem to take themselves too seriously, especially Woodward.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

BBC and ITV now lobby for Exclusive rights over the next three years .....

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/latest-t ... -deadline/

Would be nice after the Autumn Nations and Amazon seemingly refusing to play ball , so to speak.....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

kk20gb30 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:05 am BBC and ITV now lobby for Exclusive rights over the next three years .....

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/latest-t ... -deadline/

Would be nice after the Autumn Nations and Amazon seemingly refusing to play ball , so to speak.....
IMHO Amazon were rubbish and Cotter made Stuart Barnes look good
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wasn’t sure where to put this but apparently BT Sports sale to DAZN for £800m is imminent. DAZN is an online app platform so I expect at some stage it will effect us that watch BT on the SKY platform although I’m not at all sure what the transition over will be like. Stay tuned I guess
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:09 pm Wasn’t sure where to put this but apparently BT Sports sale to DAZN for £800m is imminent. DAZN is an online app platform so I expect at some stage it will effect us that watch BT on the SKY platform although I’m not at all sure what the transition over will be like. Stay tuned I guess
Here's an article on Reuters about the sale, which they say could still collapse: https://www.reuters.com/business/media- ... 022-01-12/