Post by Chobbsy »

England are to play USA 4th July (very apt) and Canada 10th July at Twickenham
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: England to Play USA & Canada in July

Post by Scott1 »

Let's hope Eddie picks the right team. Not really interested in seeing many players from the 6N or AI who miss out on the Lions tour. Maybe just a sprinkle for experience
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ahh so if they're playing at home now the suggested Saxons match if it goes ahead vs Scotland may use some of the same players potentially.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Chobbsy wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:17 pm England are to play USA 4th July (very apt) and Canada 10th July at Twickenham
Where’s your source for this, Chobbsy? Can’t seem to find anything from a quick Google...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:06 pm Let's hope Eddie picks the right team. Not really interested in seeing many players from the 6N or AI who miss out on the Lions tour. Maybe just a sprinkle for experience
I’m similar, would like to see the fringe players though such as Earl, Malins, Lawrence, Marchant get more game time from the off though.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:49 pm Ahh so if they're playing at home now the suggested Saxons match if it goes ahead vs Scotland may use some of the same players potentially.
Given the need for Covid bubbles and all that sort of thing I'd assume that even with the lifted restrictions they'll still go for one squad for all three games. Perhaps names the inexperienced members of the squad Vs Scotland and then introduce more fringe players for the games Vs Canada and the USA.

I hope we don't include any player that played in both the ANC and the 6N. We need to look at squad depth and competition development.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

JP14 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:08 am
Chobbsy wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:17 pm England are to play USA 4th July (very apt) and Canada 10th July at Twickenham
Where’s your source for this, Chobbsy? Can’t seem to find anything from a quick Google...
My source is that I have been asked to work them
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Really sad that we're pulling the tour to USA. This is their only real chance to host England, who would be a massive commercial game for them. Hard for tier 2 to close the gap when we never travel to play them and let them ear money.

July 4th test in somewhere like Houston where USA have a good record of attendances, and there are no restrictions, would have been a massive game
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!