Tigers on Loan Watch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers on Loan Watch

Post by RagingBull »

With Brink injured and Ilione + Coghlan away, I don't think Smith will be put on loan.

You need numbers for training also.
tjs10inOz

Post by tjs10inOz »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:45 am Olowofela come on for wing?
Yes, he replaced Marcel Brache on the wing after 68 mins
Formerly tjs10 but forgot my login info!
Now living in Western Australia and working in Hockey but still watching rugby whenever i can!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

tjs10inOz wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:38 am
Tiglon wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:41 am I hope Western Force aren't usually that bad, otherwise I seriously doubt he's going to learn much about tackling or defensive organisation over there!
Actually the Force defence was holding back the Brumbies attack on their tryline for a solid 5 minutes of repeated pressure prior to the first try being scored.

The second half was also 14-14, with Force having most of the possession & territory after the interval. It was the first half that killed them! A last minute change on matchday with one of the starting locks (Thrush) withdrawing injured, the starting FH (McIntyre) going off injured after 8 minutes, and the starting tighthead (Holmes) going off injured after 23 mins. That would be hard enough, but when you are playing the title favourites at their home ground, it doesn't make it that straight-forward.

Force haven't gelled as a team yet this season, but that's what happens when you have to pretty much rebuild from scratch, having been kicked out of the competition by your home union through no fault of your own...

Olowofela did a good job of nearly stopping the final Brumbies try with his first action but couldn't quite wrap Muirhead up enough as he tracked across & tackled him on the try line.
Thanks, appreciate the context - I don't watch a lot of Super Rugby.
tjs10inOz

Post by tjs10inOz »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:42 pmThanks, appreciate the context - I don't watch a lot of Super Rugby.

No problem.

Due to the time difference between Perth and England, it's currently the competition I watch most of at the moment!

It is frustrating being a Western Force fan at the moment, especially after decades watching Tigers live from the Crumbie.
I am lucky enough to still be able to watch rugby live and in-person here in Perth. I need my live rugby fix, even if it is a team that's perpetually near the bottom of the table.

By the way, I think Olowofela is officially Force player no. 213.
Now living in Western Australia and working in Hockey but still watching rugby whenever i can!
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Of the loanees, only Jordan Coghlan starts in the Notts v Cov game. Sam Lewis is on the bench for Cov.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Olowofela is starting on the wing for the force v Rebels
tjs10inOz

Post by tjs10inOz »

tjs10inOz

Post by tjs10inOz »

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Olowafela's first start marked by a win
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
tjs10inOz

Post by tjs10inOz »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:49 pm Olowafela's first start marked by a win
Jordan played the full 80 mins, had a few good chances but most of the game was played between the 22s.

However Force snatched a gritty 16-15 victory in the final minutes, despite Force fullback McGregor nearly throwing it away by failing to kick the ball dead after the siren & gifting Rebels a drop goal attempt.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Thought Jordan played reasonably well, was pretty effective at challenging restarts and was pretty solid in defence, that said he didn't get a chance to show what he can do in attack at all really
tjs10inOz

Post by tjs10inOz »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:09 pm Thought Jordan played reasonably well, was pretty effective at challenging restarts and was pretty solid in defence, that said he didn't get a chance to show what he can do in attack at all really
Agreed.

Force were restricted with their odd selection of a 6/2 forwards/backs split on the bench and one winger going off injured after 20 minutes meaning the only other back replacement was a SH so they didn't have the option of replacing tired legs as the game wore on or varying their game plan by rotating out players too much.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Joe Browning and Jordan Coghlan start for Notts v Hartpury.

Sam Lewis is on the bench for Cov v Ampthill on Sunday
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Wonder why we’ve still seen nothing of Sam A-R in a Cov shirt?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Hasn't he only just started his loan there? Think he only went out on loan after the prem cup was shelved
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.