Challenge Cup Quarter final 2021 v Newcastle

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Challenge Cup Quarter final 2021 v Newcastle

Post by Scuttle »

I may be missing something but Falcons played at the weekend in Europe then had an A game against Sale on Monday which included players who had played in Europe plus people like Burrell and Ah You. Will they play them again on Saturday. Unless there are 2X Passmans for example.
As Good As It Gets
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Looking forward to Saturday and hopeful that we can move into the Semi - Finals.....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Scuttle wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:07 pm I may be missing something but Falcons played at the weekend in Europe then had an A game against Sale on Monday which included players who had played in Europe plus people like Burrell and Ah You. Will they play them again on Saturday. Unless there are 2X Passmans for example.
I was interested in your comment so I looked on the Falcon site and could find no player who played in both games - please correct me if I am wrong. True that Burrell and Matavesi played in the A game and must be in contention for the cup game.
Hehehehehehehehe
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:34 am
Scuttle wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:07 pm I may be missing something but Falcons played at the weekend in Europe then had an A game against Sale on Monday which included players who had played in Europe plus people like Burrell and Ah You. Will they play them again on Saturday. Unless there are 2X Passmans for example.
I was interested in your comment so I looked on the Falcon site and could find no player who played in both games - please correct me if I am wrong. True that Burrell and Matavesi played in the A game and must be in contention for the cup game.
It is probably down to poor syntax on my part in preference for speed. Both Matavesi and Passman were in the subs on Saturday and starters on Monday; what I don’t know is whether there are more than one of each and whether it was different brothers playing. I was also rolling the 3 matches in the 7 day period into one thought process and wondering how they might manage the selection of these 2 on Saturday, and those such as Burrell and Ah You who will only have had 5 days rest if selected. Hope that makes more sense.
As Good As It Gets
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Scuttle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:07 am
trendylfj wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:34 am
It is probably down to poor syntax on my part in preference for speed. Both Matavesi and Passman were in the subs on Saturday and starters on Monday; what I don’t know is whether there are more than one of each and whether it was different brothers playing. I was also rolling the 3 matches in the 7 day period into one thought process and wondering how they might manage the selection of these 2 on Saturday, and those such as Burrell and Ah You who will only have had 5 days rest if selected. Hope that makes more sense.
Made total sense but neither Matavesi or Passman were used on Sat so no prob in playing them on Monday
Hehehehehehehehe
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

One thought.... Falcons are highly unlikely to make top 4, arguably even top 6, in the Prem so I would suspect they will go full on in this game.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Whatever side Falcons name, they will be extremely up for this.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

JP14 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:27 pm Whatever side Falcons name, they will be extremely up for this.
And with the quality of refereeing on display there will be no hiding place for the hard of thinking.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Old Hob wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:20 pm
JP14 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:27 pm Whatever side Falcons name, they will be extremely up for this.
And with the quality of refereeing on display there will be no hiding place for the hard of thinking.
You're right, Romain has a different style to, say, Wayne. Players are expected to know the laws without prompting :smt040
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Old Hob wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:20 pm
You mean "Non, non, non, non, non, non, play on!" Romain Poite?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Agree with all of the above. This will be a very different game to a few weeks ago. Falcons will throw everything at this and will likely field a very strong side. Not sure how they are doing with regards to injuries.. Flood I think is still out but expecting ex-Tigers Young, McGuigan and Mulipola to feature this time.

I hope we name a strong side although after last weeks impressive display I will reserve judgement until FT.

No excuses with regards to the referee. He’s a top referee so hopefully no excuses. Has to be better than Dickson anyway!

Looking forward to this one :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Greg Peterson as well. Along with Fuser and Robinson he has formed a very solid boiler room for Falcons. Peterson has definitely exceeded the level I thought he'd reach when I saw him for Tigers and Glasgow.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:31 pm Agree with all of the above. This will be a very different game to a few weeks ago. Falcons will throw everything at this and will likely field a very strong side. Not sure how they are doing with regards to injuries.. Flood I think is still out but expecting ex-Tigers Young, McGuigan and Mulipola to feature this time.

I hope we name a strong side although after last weeks impressive display I will reserve judgement until FT.

No excuses with regards to the referee. He’s a top referee so hopefully no excuses. Has to be better than Dickson anyway!

We need our strongest side available, any silverware would be nice this season, there is no relegation to worry about so lets go all out for this
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:53 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:31 pm Agree with all of the above. This will be a very different game to a few weeks ago. Falcons will throw everything at this and will likely field a very strong side. Not sure how they are doing with regards to injuries.. Flood I think is still out but expecting ex-Tigers Young, McGuigan and Mulipola to feature this time.

We need our strongest side available, any silverware would be nice this season, there is no relegation to worry about so lets go all out for this
I agree Chobbsy. Not long to wait now....
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Undecided whether I would prefer us to go all out to win this trophy or to concentrate on finishing top six to qualify for Champions cup next season.
A2O