Injury/Suspensions List

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Injury/Suspensions List

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Thought it said he was trying to annoy him.....bet Deano is annoyed with him.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:46 pm Thought it said he was trying to annoy him.....bet Deano is annoyed with him.
To be fair it probably worked, I'd be pretty annoyed if someone risked blinding me to try and get an advantage on a rugby pitch... Still can't believe that they didn't look and send him off then, the officials had been told BEFORE Gopperth was told (by the ref - after ref had been told by the Newcastle players about a potential eye gouge) to take the kick because checks were complete...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:50 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:46 pm Thought it said he was trying to annoy him.....bet Deano is annoyed with him.
To be fair it probably worked, I'd be pretty annoyed if someone risked blinding me to try and get an advantage on a rugby pitch... Still can't believe that they didn't look and send him off then, the officials had been told BEFORE Gopperth was told (by the ref - after ref had been told by the Newcastle players about a potential eye gouge) to take the kick because checks were complete...
The failure to deal with the matter at the time was poor. However, the citing officer did look at it and it has now been dealt with. Clearly not what we want to see on a rugby field.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Whilst I think that Carreras' offence was deliberate we should not take too much notice of the admission of guilt as we know that even when you honestly believe you are not guilty and plead so, your sentence will be much worse if the decision goes against you than had you admitted the offence.
Freebird
Tiger Cub

Post by Freebird »

ourla wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:11 pm
Noggs wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:57 am Carreras has got 9 weeks for the eye contact which he admitted was intentional.
My bold. And wow!

He's got some serious issues if he's deliberately trying to rip someone's eye out. If he was a Tigers played I'd hope to not see him in the shirt again.

I thought this was a thing long past... when was the last player to be found guilty of intentional eye gouging I wonder?
Has he actually admitted to intentional gouging though? I'm just going by the BBC website (the paperwork isn't on the RFU site yet) which has this:

"His evidence was that he had intended to 'irritate' the Wasps player but that he had not intended to cause any harm in his action," said a statement from the independent disciplinary panel. "He accepted on reflection that by making contact with the eye of Josh Bassett he risked causing serious injury though this was a momentary action without thought for the consequences.

So an intentional act but not necessarily the contact area that he intended?

That said still a stupid act and he deserved all he got.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Perhaps he should of tried the Marler approach to irritating your opponent, as to some on this forum that's just Rugby.....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Freebird
Tiger Cub

Post by Freebird »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:37 pm Perhaps he should of tried the Marler approach to irritating your opponent, as to some on this forum that's just Rugby.....
I'm sure not the incident you refer to (which was I agree beyond the pale), but was it Marler or Haskell who used the squirt of the waterbottle approach? Presumably that would just be an attempt to irrigate your opponent?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Freebird wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:20 pm Has he actually admitted to intentional gouging though? I'm just going by the BBC website (the paperwork isn't on the RFU site yet) which has this:

"His evidence was that he had intended to 'irritate' the Wasps player but that he had not intended to cause any harm in his action," said a statement from the independent disciplinary panel. "He accepted on reflection that by making contact with the eye of Josh Bassett he risked causing serious injury though this was a momentary action without thought for the consequences.

Well above you said "a momentary action without thought for the consequences" which to me tells the story.

But yeah the judgement hasn't been published.
Freebird
Tiger Cub

Post by Freebird »

ourla wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:38 pm
Freebird wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:20 pm Has he actually admitted to intentional gouging though? I'm just going by the BBC website (the paperwork isn't on the RFU site yet) which has this:

Well above you said "a momentary action without thought for the consequences" which to me tells the story.

But yeah the judgement hasn't been published.
To be picky I didn't 'say', I quoted. What I did say was that he deserved all he got - I think that at he bottom of it al, we are on the same page here ...
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:05 am
sam16111986 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:45 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:39 am

I was thinking about the fact that Thorley got 4 weeks and it’s a similar incident but I’d forgotten he contested his so didn’t get much of a reduction. Maybe he will get 4 down to 2. Whatever the outcome one thing is for sure; the 3 week ban for Hepetema’s assault on Kobus was a joke!
6 down to 3 for Hepetema but Thorley contested his so it stayed at four weeks I think. Van Wyk will plead guilty and try to use the Chiefs blocker as mitigation, he had to go round him so couldn't line up Maunder as he wanted to. The lack of injury to Maunder should help lessen the citing as well. Should mean van Wyk gets a one or two week ban.
I wish you were right Sam but it is 4 weeks as expected sadly
Yes I hadn't realised he'd got previous which meant they didn't give him a reduction. Weird that Weise got more reduction for something more dangerous for which he'd also got previous.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:49 am
sam16111986 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:45 am

6 down to 3 for Hepetema but Thorley contested his so it stayed at four weeks I think. Van Wyk will plead guilty and try to use the Chiefs blocker as mitigation, he had to go round him so couldn't line up Maunder as he wanted to. The lack of injury to Maunder should help lessen the citing as well. Should mean van Wyk gets a one or two week ban.
Yes I hadn't realised he'd got previous which meant they didn't give him a reduction. Weird that Weise got more reduction for something more dangerous for which he'd also got previous.
Wiese and Van Wyk got exactly the same reduction of 6 weeks down to 4 didn't he?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:07 am
sam16111986 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:49 am

Wiese and Van Wyk got exactly the same reduction of 6 weeks down to 4 didn't he?
Sorry you are quite right. Teach me not to read the whole article on the Tigers website.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Well Charlie Ewels has been banned for 1 week, Bath have said Dunn and Muir having their hearings Wednesday evening, no word on when Ashton is having his, but given the lack of news about any others suggests likely no tigers have been cited at the weekend, as expected.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:00 am Well Charlie Ewels has been banned for 1 week, Bath have said Dunn and Muir having their hearings Wednesday evening, no word on when Ashton is having his, but given the lack of news about any others suggests likely no tigers have been cited at the weekend, as expected.
Thanks TFS. Guess Dunn and Muir will be suspended for the Tigers Bath game at the Rec in a few weeks then
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Original post updated with the details on Brink, Leatigaga & Nadolo from Borthwick's interview with the beeb.

https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1 ... 82118?s=19