Injury/Suspensions List

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Injury/Suspensions List

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

You could argue they would do no worse than the 2 that were on the field from the start on Saturday.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Connacht will be without their captain Jarrad Butler and centre Bundee Aki due to suspensions for their visit to WR
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

RichieB wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:58 pm Overall I’d agree.

1. Is it a GDPR issue? Personal information doesn’t ‘belong’ to the club. If so, how come in football they tell you exactly what the injury is/suspected, anticipated term to recovery, progress with recouperation etc?
2. I don’t see it puts a club at much of a tactical disadvantage if the information is in the public domain and therefore available to other clubs
3. If the club/head coach decide they prefer not to divulge the details it is their choice and probably nothing we can do about it
4. If, for whatever reason, the details have been leaked from the club then that to me remains a bigger concern and it becomes a trust issue. There is someone in the club you can’t trust to keep quiet
Or at the clinic where the op was done.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:53 pm https://twitter.com/TimesSport/status/1 ... 41540?s=19

Been confirmed that Ford is NOT injured and it was supposedly a "tatical" decision to play with 2 scrum halves and no fly half when they had the option.

Sounds like someone screwed up and didn't know the rules and now they're covering it as a tatical call, I know EJ is unorthodox but not playing with a fly half...
Very good news for Tigers though truly bizarre, maybe Eddie felt he couldn’t risk a backline performing well without Farrell.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Updated with Nemzy's quote on the Freddie Burns player release video that he's a few weeks away.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMwkA_RF7q ... td5xxs5wgd

Couple of other points from it:
Ford confirmed that he was fit to play.

There was also a quote that suggested Murimurivalu may have been injured not rested last week where Nadolo said:
"We've got Kini coming back" when discussing wingers, so it's possible he may have picked up a niggle and he's coming back from that, but could also be just the fact he's coming back from being rested.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Updated with bits from Borthwick's interview with the beeb

Full thread here
https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1 ... 91812?s=19
tigercub21

Post by tigercub21 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:16 pm Updated with bits from Borthwick's interview with the beeb

Full thread here
https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1 ... 91812?s=19
Thanks TFS 👍🏻
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Rugby Inside Line on Twitter saying that van Wyk has a 4 week ban
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/va ... s-red-card

Sadly as I suspected he ends up with 4 weeks. A bit crazy given Hepetema only got 3 weeks but Van Wyk has previous history so less reduction from the initial 6 week
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:45 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:39 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:30 pm If Kobus gets a longer ban than Hepetema got for a cheap shot on him then the club should be justifiably angry. Tbh his time out of the team could be longer than the ban anyway.
I was thinking about the fact that Thorley got 4 weeks and it’s a similar incident but I’d forgotten he contested his so didn’t get much of a reduction. Maybe he will get 4 down to 2. Whatever the outcome one thing is for sure; the 3 week ban for Hepetema’s assault on Kobus was a joke!
6 down to 3 for Hepetema but Thorley contested his so it stayed at four weeks I think. Van Wyk will plead guilty and try to use the Chiefs blocker as mitigation, he had to go round him so couldn't line up Maunder as he wanted to. The lack of injury to Maunder should help lessen the citing as well. Should mean van Wyk gets a one or two week ban.
I wish you were right Sam but it is 4 weeks as expected sadly
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Banahan got the same suspension as Hepetema. Banahan was an accidental clash of heads, Hepetema assaulted Kobus Van Wyk with a deliberate shoulder to the head.. the system is fundamentally flawed! :smt011 :smt018
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Added Kobus's 4 week ban, initially 6 but due to an offense last year only reduced by 2 weeks not 3.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:09 am Banahan got the same suspension as Hepetema. Banahan was an accidental clash of heads, Hepetema assaulted Kobus Van Wyk with a deliberate shoulder to the head.. the system is fundamentally flawed! :smt011 :smt018
Take off those Tiger coloured specs.
TigerSID

Post by TigerSID »

The England Rugby Tweet summary ( https://twitter.com/EnglandRugby/status ... 5612849158 ) is a useful one pager that saves reading the full hearing report. There needs to be a renewed emphasis in training to avoid these penalties along with some personal responsibility in adapting technique. easier said than done..... but given the number of recent red cards we need to adapt.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Comedy hour....
Tigers should be asking questions about this, the severity & intention of the incidents by & on Kobus are not 2 weeks difference.(pre mitigation)
To win is not as important as playing with style!