Sat 20th March - Exeter away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Sat 20th March - Exeter away

Post by RagingBull »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:10 pm White’s boxing kicking has been great since coming on, have allowed us to contest in the air. JVP has been getting the headlines but he’s got a big future too for Tigers.
Agreed
peteD

Post by peteD »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:09 pm The turnaround in the tone of the comments on this thread makes it a great read.
helped by the turn around in performance!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

people need to remember there are other ways to follow a game without having to watch it, I never stopped supporting the players in their efforts, there were simply things that were going to make me needlessly angry.

I will look forward to seeing the highlights on Channel 5
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:11 pm people need to remember there are other ways to follow a game without having to watch it, I never stopped supporting the players in their efforts, there were simply things that were going to make me needlessly angry.

Exactly! Take no notice mate,poor comments by some!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:10 pm Ahhhhh

Great idea
Just off
So close and now back in our 22 - if that had gone to hand I’d have fancied a chance of a win!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:11 pm people need to remember there are other ways to follow a game without having to watch it, I never stopped supporting the players in their efforts, there were simply things that were going to make me needlessly angry.

There's a gate keeper element on here that will not countenance any criticism of anyone involved in the game on here, try not to let them get you down (I'm sure you don't)...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

What’s the point in the ref shouting use? If he’s not going to re-set and award a penalty instead :smt018
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Here's a stat.

Today is the first point Tigers have got from Sandy park since 13th September 2014
A game we won 20-24
Team that day
15. Tait, 14. Morris, 13. Manu, 12. Allen, 11. Goneva, 10. Burns, 9. Youngs
1. Logo, 2. Youngs, 3. Balmain, 4. Kitchener, 5. Parling, 6. Gibson, 7. Salvi, 8. Barbieri

16. Ghirandini, 17. Brugnara, 18. Tiz, 19. De Chaves, 20. Crane
21. Mele, 22. Williams, 23. Matt Smith
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:13 pm What’s the point in the ref shouting use? If he’s not going to re-set and award a penalty instead :smt018
Absolutely you could argue we stopped because he said use.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:13 pm What’s the point in the ref shouting use? If he’s not going to re-set and award a penalty instead :smt018
Shocking decision..
To win is not as important as playing with style!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Sadly I think that's the chance of a LBP gone, but hats off, irrespective of the score now, some excellent heart shown today after an early blitzkrieg.

Still time for some more effort - come on lads.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Crofty wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:13 pm

There's a gate keeper element on here that will not countenance any criticism of anyone involved in the game on here, try not to let them get you down (I'm sure you don't)...
Oh I'm not, if MCC and others need to feel superior by claiming to be better fans then I'm glad I could help them feel better about themselves
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:16 pm Sadly I think that's the chance of a LBP gone, but hats off, irrespective of the score now, some excellent heart shown today after an early blitzkrieg.

Still time for some more effort - come on lads.
100%
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:16 pm
Crofty wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:13 pm

Oh I'm not, if MCC and others need to feel superior by claiming to be better fans then I'm glad I could help them feel better about themselves
Good on ya, you're a bigger man than I...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Very pleasing. We may not go on to win but only a couple of years ago our heads would have gone down and we would have give up. A really spirited display.