May 17th Fans back in Stadiums....possibly?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: May 17th Fans back in Stadiums....possibly?

Post by teds »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:21 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:08 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:06 pm

Completely different your viewpoint, but as a 32 year old, with no underlying health concerns I likely won't have been offered the vaccine at the point where the stadium is first open. I will stress I fully plan on having the vaccine as soon as I'm able, but if it becomes a requirement to have a jab this season I feel it would be incredibly harsh on me to be penalised based solely on the fact I'm patiently waiting my turn for the vaccine.
It would be considering younger people have given up a portion of their lives for the elderly only to have the goalposts moved by the government AGAIN,I find it incredibly selfish and cant stand the virtue signalling!
Have no issues with requiring the vaccine once all have had the opportunity, it's more how they manage the return before everyone is on a level playing field of having been offered it.
It’s really tricky BUT in the spirit of constructive suggestions .... How about if for the transition period they allowed already vaccinated people into one side of the stadium - and folks below the age of 40 (?) who won’t have been been offered a jab by that point could occupy the other side.. All spectators sign a disclaimer and are there at their own risk.

Sorry it still leaves some who have been offered a jab but for a variety of reasons have not had one at this point in time, but that covers a variety of situations.
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

Doubt I’ll ever be going back if we are ever attempted to be coerced into having the jab with domestic vaccine passports!

+1
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

According to The Independent today, no cases of flu recorded this year!?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

JGT57 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:38 pm Doubt I’ll ever be going back if we are ever attempted to be coerced into having the jab with domestic vaccine passports!

+1
Yes,coercion is illegal! It’s disgraceful!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

teds wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:20 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:21 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:08 pm
It would be considering younger people have given up a portion of their lives for the elderly only to have the goalposts moved by the government AGAIN,I find it incredibly selfish and cant stand the virtue signalling!
Have no issues with requiring the vaccine once all have had the opportunity, it's more how they manage the return before everyone is on a level playing field of having been offered it.
It’s really tricky BUT in the spirit of constructive suggestions .... How about if for the transition period they allowed already vaccinated people into one side of the stadium - and folks below the age of 40 (?) who won’t have been been offered a jab by that point could occupy the other side.. All spectators sign a disclaimer and are there at their own risk.

Sorry it still leaves some who have been offered a jab but for a variety of reasons have not had one at this point in time, but that covers a variety of situations.
More division I’m afraid
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

JGT57 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:42 pm According to The Independent today, no cases of flu recorded this year!?
Which either means one of two things. One,it’s being relabelled as COVID. Or two its adapting and we are gonna have the mother of all flu pandemics at some stage and we are all being advised to wear masks,social distance,scrub our hands and kill our own immune systems!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:03 pm
JGT57 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:42 pm According to The Independent today, no cases of flu recorded this year!?
Which either means one of two things. One,it’s being relabelled as COVID. Or two its adapting and we are gonna have the mother of all flu pandemics at some stage and we are all being advised to wear masks,social distance,scrub our hands and kill our own immune systems!
Its social distancing & hand washing as simple as that, basic hygiene prevents a lot of things, an upside of Covid.
No one is forcing anyone to have a jab, but businesses will want to find a way to improve the "recovery" & if consumer confidence says "Jabtastic" that's what is going to happen.
What is important is not spouting untruths about the vaccine, not only Covid ones but all those that we have had for years.
As for return to WR, the club will make a decision over what their stance will be, it will be easier for them to wait for next season, theoretically every adult will of been offered at least one jab by then.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Or, much more likely, the countermeasures being taken to combat the far more transmissible Covid-19 (which are having an effect on it) are enough to utterly stop Influenza.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Two points:
1. For years I have produced vaccination certificates when being sent abroad - Malaria, Hepatitis alphabet soup, etc. Medical staff must be vaccinated against hep B, C etc if they work in theatres. So what's different about a domestic one? It also seems that vaccinated people are not transmitters which is key.
2.Imagine if there was a flare-up of covid infection that could be traced to a Tigers' game - what liability would Tigers have if it was shown they let unvaccinated people into the ground?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:55 pm Two points:
1. For years I have produced vaccination certificates when being sent abroad - Malaria, Hepatitis alphabet soup, etc. Medical staff must be vaccinated against hep B, C etc if they work in theatres. So what's different about a domestic one? It also seems that vaccinated people are not transmitters which is key.
2.Imagine if there was a flare-up of covid infection that could be traced to a Tigers' game - what liability would Tigers have if it was shown they let unvaccinated people into the ground?
As far as I am aware, Tigers have not made any announcement to say that people will need to be vaccinated to gain entry and until such time they will follow the guidelines from Public Health/ Government, Premiership Rugby and the RFU/WR.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

For those Supporters who like to follow Tigers abroad to semi finals etc, or even go on holiday, it looks as though the Government is being pushed by the EU, and possibly the rest of world, into providing Covid passports! No Passport, no holiday, no rugby trips, no Lions tours, no Cricket etc etc.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

It’s because people can’t be told what to do any more due to “human rights”.🙄

I bet these people have all had TB and MMR vaccinations.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

About a week ago, I started a thread on Welford Road chitchat, giving a link where those in the appropriate groups can book themselves a jab directly rather than waiting for their local GPs to get in touch. I’m mentioning it here as, although it’s had looks, it does seem a bit of a back water on there and the subject has come up here. As I say on there, the website is clunky, hasn’t been updated since Feb 3rd and can be tricky to navigate hence they’ve had a lot of spaces unused lately so, if you’re eligible don’t feel guilty about booking a spot, you’ll be doing us all a favour.

Just to make it easy

https://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/ ... ty-groups/
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Do you think it’s hiding out while it cooks up it’s evil plan? It’s simply the result of good hygiene!!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

loretta wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:28 pm
Do you think it’s hiding out while it cooks up it’s evil plan? It’s simply the result of good hygiene!!
Do you understand simple virology? Viruses can't survive without hosts,the idea that flu has simply disappeared is ludicrous! What they do is adapt and I am very worried about the next strain,once Covid isn't the dominant virus anymore we could see the most contagious flu strain ever!

And to everyone one on here I will reconsider my thoughts on the vaccination,but am a little worried. I wont comment on it anymore,everyone be safe!