LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE V: Borthwick Strikes Back

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE V: Borthwick Strikes Back

Post by kk20gb30 »

No inside knowledge , but strongly believe that the second row will be strengthened by an international lock of equivalent standard to Lavanini.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE V: Borthwick Strikes Back

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

kk20gb30 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:05 am No inside knowledge , but strongly believe that the second row will be strengthened by an international lock of equivalent standard to Lavanini.
There's one of those who's in Japan right now, who I think fits the bill.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Rugby Inside Line linking us with a move for Saints loosehead prop van Wyk
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Beat me to it LLTC!!

According to RIL (take what you will) we are being linked with Saints loose head Francois van Wyk (no relation to Kobus apparently).

Strong loose head, good scrummager from what I can remember of seeing him play. At one stage he might have claimed he wanted to play for England so could be EQP - although my memory is foggy there so don’t quote me on that!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Wonder if we're in for another announcement today, if so they gradually build up in terms of the signings.

Think he could well be a decent backup to Genge, probably a better scrumager than Leatigaga (if my memory serves), but Leatigaga is better in the loose, so should be some good competition there
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

RIL is normally pretty on the money when it comes up Saints rumours so imagine there will be some truth in this. Seemed to be well regarded too by fans I know.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Please be Kruis,please be Kruis,please be Kruis 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

So
Genge, Van Wyk, Bower, Whitcombe
Cole Heyes, Hurd, Dimen
Leatigaga covering both sides

With Rowntree and most likely Smith and Hoyt on loan?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

F. van Wyk is certainly a better player than Bower, in my opinion.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:46 am So
Cole Heyes, Hurd, Dimen

Would make sense as the three of them all need to get senior level experience, and with no A League this year the only way they will get any meaningful game-time is on loan to championship clubs.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:38 am Please be Kruis,please be Kruis,please be Kruis 😂
I would prefer it not to be him, for certain reasons, plus if he goes back off with England we loose as much as we gain.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Hope we get Kruis. Phenominal player.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:51 am
Scott1 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:38 am Please be Kruis,please be Kruis,please be Kruis 😂
I would prefer it not to be him, for certain reasons, plus if he goes back off with England we loose as much as we gain.
Would welcome Kruis regardless of “your certain reasons”
A2O
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Cole Heyes, Hurd, Dimen

Maybe even tempted to just have Nephi on the LH with Cole likely out of England reckoning now, could mean Bower surplus to requirements but if the cap is coming down and smaller squad sizes I could see it happening.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

RunTigerRun wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:02 pm
Cole Heyes, Hurd, Dimen

Maybe even tempted to just have Nephi on the LH with Cole likely out of England reckoning now, could mean Bower surplus to requirements but if the cap is coming down and smaller squad sizes I could see it happening.
With Nephi as impact bench player and F. van Wyk starting when Genge is away (injury permitting).