Away vs Quins Sat 13th Feb

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Away vs Quins Sat 13th Feb

Post by JP14 »

The Mighty Quins would have never pulled that down illegally in a million years, surely? :smt012

Disappointing, somewhat strange game... the old adage stands that Tigers and the City never win on the same day.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

tigercub21 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:52 pm I’m sorry I know we are ‘building’ but i’m ready to wash my hands with most of the team. Absolute shambles of a performance.
Have to disagree, with a reasonable 10 I think this has the making of a good Tigers side.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

How stupid is that Maul rule, clearly we were going forward, possibly collapsed by them and its a turn over, end of game, crazy rule.
tigercub21

Post by tigercub21 »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:54 pm
tigercub21 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:52 pm I’m sorry I know we are ‘building’ but i’m ready to wash my hands with most of the team. Absolute shambles of a performance.
Have to disagree, with a reasonable 10 I think this has the making of a good Tigers side.
Ok maybe i am slightly emotional after that game, but i just feel like sometimes we fail to do very simple things that every other team is able to do, like take a restart and go through more that five phases without giving a turnover.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Not too bad a result for us. We didn’t play to our best, had numerous players not playing and Quins are in good form and had most of their best players playing. We are still within reach of the top 4
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:56 pm Not too bad a result for us. We didn’t play to our best, had numerous players not playing and Quins are in good form and had most of their best players playing. We are still within reach of the top 4
5-0 how is that not a bad result?
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

In the game until the end and lost a close game to the 4th placed Quins and its a disaster??? Get a grip some of you, that poor performance from Henry giving away key field positions cost us so many points and not the equally poor referee. So many positives but those that insist on a win and nothing else are never going to see that.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:56 pm How stupid is that Maul rule, clearly we were going forward, possibly collapsed by them and its a turn over, end of game, crazy rule.
It is. It is frustrating at any stage of the game but to deny us a potential 2 points in a very congested mid table is :smt013
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Positives for me
Honestly both sets of front row, Heyes did well against the best scrummaging Loosehead in the country, Montoya again good game basically another flanker, De Bruin was workmanlike.
Martin - Stand out forward
Brink - Best game in a Tigers shirt IMO
JVP - Stand out back

Negatives
Locks - Lavanini can be imposing in the tackle but boy does he run like a giraffe
Liebenberg at 8, he's not a bad 8, but he just doesn't have that explosive power Wiese for example has.
Backs kicking everytime we kicked it, it seemed to be poor bar that one murimurivalu kick that steward got
Defence again a bit of pace targeted at 13 and wing with Taute at 13 and it's easy yards, Moroni helped close it more when Taute moved to 12.

Missing key players it wasn't the end of the world but outside the Exeter game it's annoying when we leave with nothing against the opposition that just didn't really have to do anything. It shouldn't have taken us 30 minutes to get into another try scoring chance.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:54 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:50 pm How was that not quins collapsing.

Was this ref found at a colts game or something?
That's harsh on people who ref Colts games. Sir seemed to have no clue how to referee a game. Did he win some sort of raffle or charity auction? Absolutely dreadful.
Maybe the actual ref's car broke down en route and, to ensure the game went ahead, one of the home coaches with his badges took the whistle?
Last edited by Crofty on Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

non possumus capere
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:56 pm Not too bad a result for us. We didn’t play to our best, had numerous players not playing and Quins are in good form and had most of their best players playing. We are still within reach of the top 4
Have to agree. The young lads showed up well and we did well to be in with a chance of 2 points at the end. On to next week.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

DingDong wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:58 pm In the game until the end and lost a close game to the 4th placed Quins and its a disaster??? Get a grip some of you, that poor performance from Henry giving away key field positions cost us so many points and not the equally poor referee. So many positives but those that insist on a win and nothing else are never going to see that.
Close? We lost by 2 clear scores...
No, not that one!

non possumus capere
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Apart from the ref,how were we?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:54 pm
Might want an experienced attack coach as well, we offer so little off first phase.
Henry should tactically kick less as its obviously the weaker part of his game.
Sir was just useless but in a even handed way.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:00 pm Apart from the ref,how were we?
I think the 2 away League games we have actually played show where we are more than the 3 home wins.
To win is not as important as playing with style!