Formerly of this parish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2650
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Tiglon » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:47 pm

LE18 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:05 pm
Mafi played well today.
Always fun to watch Steve play!

Scott Steele wasn't great, although he did score a well taken try. Box kicking was either too short or too long.

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7239
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by tigerburnie » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:22 pm

Paul Gustard moving on from Quinns may be for his ambitions, but it does highlight the fact that coaching is now getting very results based, if the beebs statement is correct Quinns are not unhappy to see him going. Not just us then that have very high expectations and not that much patience.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.

Big Dai
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4896
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:04 pm
Location: Abergavenny

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Big Dai » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:13 am

Tiglon wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:47 pm
LE18 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:05 pm
Mafi played well today.
Always fun to watch Steve play!

Scott Steele wasn't great, although he did score a well taken try. Box kicking was either too short or too long.
Steve, to me anyway, was the sort of player who would give you a benign, polite smile whilst ripping both your arms off and shoving the ball up your unmentionable...
A kind of grinning assassin.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"

kk20gb30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Over The Hills & Far Away

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by kk20gb30 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:29 am

tigerburnie wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:22 pm
Paul Gustard moving on from Quinns may be for his ambitions, but it does highlight the fact that coaching is now getting very results based, if the beebs statement is correct Quinns are not unhappy to see him going. Not just us then that have very high expectations and not that much patience.
Did not see this coming and very much on a par with Steve diamond leaving Sale in terms of a surprise...
Would guess that neither the quins nor Gustard appreciated treading water.
Possibly have a homespun candidate for DoR in Nick Easter.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility ......... Not long or far to go now......

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2602
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:53 am
Location: Barrowford, near the Witches

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:53 pm

Kalamofoni knocked out last night (bit worryingly for him with some recent issues) in what arguably should of been a red card.
To win is not as important as playing with style!

Old Hob
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2556
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Old Hob » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:32 pm

kk20gb30 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:29 am
tigerburnie wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:22 pm
Paul Gustard moving on from Quinns may be for his ambitions, but it does highlight the fact that coaching is now getting very results based, if the beebs statement is correct Quinns are not unhappy to see him going. Not just us then that have very high expectations and not that much patience.
Did not see this coming and very much on a par with Steve diamond leaving Sale in terms of a surprise...
Would guess that neither the quins nor Gustard appreciated treading water.
Possibly have a homespun candidate for DoR in Nick Easter.
Saw interviews with Gustard where he said he doubted the attitude of the players. Looked really fed up at yet another loss. Was feeling the heat back in round 3, I guess.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina

kk20gb30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Over The Hills & Far Away

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by kk20gb30 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:51 am

Sam Costelow starts for Scarlets in the Pro 14 - hope he does well and still regret his departure.Highly talented and great potential.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55814727
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility ......... Not long or far to go now......

Cagey Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: South Lincolnshire

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Cagey Tiger » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:56 am

kk20gb30 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:51 am
Sam Costelow starts for Scarlets in the Pro 14 - hope he does well and still regret his departure.Highly talented and great potential.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55814727
Up against Leinster. Even with 6N call-ups, they are a strong side. Sam is almost be 'fed to the lions'.

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2602
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:53 am
Location: Barrowford, near the Witches

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:19 pm

It will be interesting to see how he gets on, Leinsters back row is particularly strong, it will be worthwhile comparing to last night.
To win is not as important as playing with style!

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2602
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:53 am
Location: Barrowford, near the Witches

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:50 pm

60min for Costelow, kicked his goals, helped set up a try with a pass into space, passes off both hands, hit rucks, took down Conan near his own line, but missed an easier tackle on a winger.
Kicking from hand a bit ropey & aimless at times (sound familiar?)
Definitely a loss for Tigers.
To win is not as important as playing with style!

kk20gb30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Over The Hills & Far Away

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by kk20gb30 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:29 am

Nice to see Will Evans getting game time with 'quins..
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility ......... Not long or far to go now......

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2602
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:53 am
Location: Barrowford, near the Witches

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:47 am

kk20gb30 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:29 am
Nice to see Will Evans getting game time with 'quins..
Talent & ability never in doubt, being able to get on the park was the issue...
To win is not as important as playing with style!

MCC1964
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: East Midlands

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by MCC1964 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:52 am

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:47 am
kk20gb30 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:29 am
Nice to see Will Evans getting game time with 'quins..
Talent & ability never in doubt, being able to get on the park was the issue...
Including being injured quite a lot....

tigercub21
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:02 pm

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by tigercub21 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:53 am

MCC1964 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:52 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:47 am
kk20gb30 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:29 am
Nice to see Will Evans getting game time with 'quins..
Talent & ability never in doubt, being able to get on the park was the issue...
Including being injured quite a lot....
would you take him over reffel considering the impact this season?

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2602
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:53 am
Location: Barrowford, near the Witches

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:36 pm

tigercub21 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:53 am
MCC1964 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:52 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:47 am


Talent & ability never in doubt, being able to get on the park was the issue...
Including being injured quite a lot....
would you take him over reffel considering the impact this season?
When he left I was disappointed, now it's a bit of a flip of a coin, Reffell is a bit bigger, Evans a more natural jackal maybe.
Both a credit to our Academy, the issue is if Tommy goes back to Wales.
To win is not as important as playing with style!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Crofty, kpj tiger, peteD, RunTigerRun, TigerFeetSteve and 2 guests