Sale game moved - Teams up

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale game moved

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:18 pm Wigglesworth should also be available having served his suspension.
Are we sure? Since the ban (which was 4 weeks so 4 games wasn't it?) Tigers have only played 3 games due to covid cancellations. So does this fulfil the "meaningful" clause of the ban?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:18 pm Wigglesworth should also be available having served his suspension.
Sorry to disappoint you Tigerbeat but you are unfortunately wrong!
Richard Wigglesworth was given a 4 match ban provided Tigers play the following matches. ~ which was defined as 11th December v Brive, 19th December v Bayonne, 26th December Boxing Day away at Newcastle this was cancelled due to Covid @ Tigers, 3rd January V Bath. The original ban was from 7th December to 4th January. However the Northampton game on the 9th January was cancelled due to Covid @ Saints so the match was not played leaving one more played game where Richard could have been selected. So I believe his next game is 6th February V Worcester, which is two months without a game!
Page 50 of the Disciplinary report details this and the full story behind the mischief that cost the Barbarians many £100,000s.

https://www.englandrugby.com/dxdam/e3/e ... dacted.pdf
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I'm not saying he's going to get red carded or anything, but I wonder how Wiese's discipline is going to be when potentially playing against his brother Cobus on Friday?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:59 pm
Are we sure? Since the ban (which was 4 weeks so 4 games wasn't it?) Tigers have only played 3 games due to covid cancellations. So does this fulfil the "meaningful" clause of the ban?
The records show that Newcastle and Northampton were games that he could have been selected for and points have been awarded.....that was the basis for the end of the ban.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Good point! If points were awarded then they should class as games played
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:53 am
The records show that Newcastle and Northampton were games that he could have been selected for and points have been awarded.....that was the basis for the end of the ban.
Yes but looking at the specific clause in the ban on the link wormus shared it clearly states in the ban "assuming Leicester's games all go ahead" given this statement is after the decision by the league on assigning points in cases of Covid, I would interpret that clause to mean his ban is still in force for one more game, as quite clearly these games did not take place.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

Ashurstwoodtiger wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:01 pm Gethin exile not sure if this helps from BT TV Site
Can I record BT Sport red button programmes?

Only if viewing over BT TV. Simply press the 'Record' button on your remote when watching a red button programme. You can also schedule recordings of BT Sport red button programmes from your Channel Guide, as well as record a BT Sport red button event whilst watching another BT Sport broadcast.
Only if viewing over BT TV. Simply press the 'Record' button on your remote when watching a red button programme. You can also schedule recordings of BT Sport red button programmes from your Channel Guide, as well as record a BT Sport red button event whilst watching another BT Sport broadcast.
Unfortunately I get BT sport as part of my Virgin TV package - i've tried to record games before but it doesn't work
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:08 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:53 am

Yes but looking at the specific clause in the ban on the link wormus shared it clearly states in the ban "assuming Leicester's games all go ahead" given this statement is after the decision by the league on assigning points in cases of Covid, I would interpret that clause to mean his ban is still in force for one more game, as quite clearly these games did not take place.
Sorry I thought by posting the official disciplinary report from the RFU as well as my brief the length of ban depended upon 4 matches that Tigers played might stop any confusion.
Mind you the full report does display the adventures that Sarries players arranged.
It was fortunate that Wigglesworth had not joined Tigers before the incidents otherwise Tigers would have had costs against us too.
So I think it will be Ben White and Jack Van Poortvlet v Sale, I am impressed with young Jack.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I think I would start with Jack regardless of whether or not Wiggs is available. It has all the makings of a good game.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

What time do they want us to start removing the straw? :smt048 Is it going to be a cold one Friday night? :smt051
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

LE18 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:43 pm What time do they want us to start removing the straw? :smt048 Is it going to be a cold one Friday night? :smt051
:smt003
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:15 pm
LE18 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:43 pm What time do they want us to start removing the straw? :smt048 Is it going to be a cold one Friday night? :smt051
:smt003
Am I right in saying the Wiese brothers hadn't ever seen snow until a few weeks ago?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

JVP isn't ready to start yet - Wigglesworth or White for now.

It does snow in South Africa, there is more to the continent of Africa than Oxfam commercials. I cannot however confirm whether the Wiese brothers have seen snow...
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

I’d go for this:

1. Gigena
2. Youngs
3. Cole
4. Wells
5. Lavanini
6. Liebenberg
7. Reffell
8. Wiese
9. Wigglesworth (If available otherwise White)
10. Henry
11. Nadolo
12. Scott
13. Moroni
14. van Wyk
15. Steward

16. Montoya
17. Leatigaga
18. De Bruin
19. Martin
20. Brink
21. JVP
22. Bonilla
23. Murimurivalu

Maybe Wallace if we go for a 6/2 bench
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:17 pm JVP isn't ready to start yet - Wigglesworth or White for now.

It does snow in South Africa, there is more to the continent of Africa than Oxfam commercials. I cannot however confirm whether the Wiese brothers have seen snow...
With a wife from Zimbabwe originally I should know a bit more about the continent than the odd commercial 😉

However I found the article from a few weeks ago.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/why-cobu ... -saracens/