Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by Scott1 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:36 am

TigerFeetSteve wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:00 pm
KUSADASI TIGER wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:13 pm
By my maths we will be at home to Exeter
No if they do it on current standings it would be Montpellier, note it's going to a last 16 in both tournaments.
There’s only 14 teams in the CC

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6594
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Burbage

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by JP14 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:54 am

If it's Montpellier we stand a good chance of beating them.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

TigerFeetSteve
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:33 am

Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:36 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:00 pm
KUSADASI TIGER wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:13 pm
By my maths we will be at home to Exeter
No if they do it on current standings it would be Montpellier, note it's going to a last 16 in both tournaments.
There’s only 14 teams in the CC
My understanding is that top 8 of Challenge Cup and bottom 8 of Champions Cup go into the Last 16, top 4 teams (of which we are one of them) get a home draw.

Was Chris Egerton who suggested it would be a Last 16 for the Champions Cup not a ¼final (as was originally planned) I suspect the reasoning for this change is so they don't knock out the champions Exeter on one result.

https://twitter.com/EgertonSport/status ... 96710?s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by Scott1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:00 am

Not sure where to put this,did BT pick up Sarries v Ealing?

RunTigerRun
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 6:36 pm

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by RunTigerRun » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:18 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:00 am
Not sure where to put this,did BT pick up Sarries v Ealing?
I don’t think so, no. Shame, massive missed opportunity imho.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by Scott1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:47 pm

RunTigerRun wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:18 pm
Scott1 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:00 am
Not sure where to put this,did BT pick up Sarries v Ealing?
I don’t think so, no. Shame, massive missed opportunity imho.
Yes it is! Might have to watch some Top14 this afternoon to get my fix 😜

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Haute-Garonne

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by Robespierre » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:14 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:47 pm
RunTigerRun wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:18 pm
Scott1 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:00 am
Not sure where to put this,did BT pick up Sarries v Ealing?
I don’t think so, no. Shame, massive missed opportunity imho.
Yes it is! Might have to watch some Top14 this afternoon to get my fix 😜
There are two catch-up matches you can watch; round 4 Bordeaux v Clermont (3h15 French time) and round 13 Bayonne v Pau(9pm French time)
Semper in excreta

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by Scott1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:56 am

Any news on the European decision yet,is the 2 weeks up this weekend?

LE18
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:13 am
Location: Great Glen

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by LE18 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:02 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:56 am
Any news on the European decision yet,is the 2 weeks up this weekend?
I thought it was permanent?

drc_007
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3272
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:28 am

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by drc_007 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:58 am

LE18 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:02 pm
Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:56 am
Any news on the European decision yet,is the 2 weeks up this weekend?
I thought it was permanent?
Given the news on the virus variants I can't see any relaxation in restrictions in the near future.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by Scott1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:59 pm

LE18 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:02 pm
Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:56 am
Any news on the European decision yet,is the 2 weeks up this weekend?
I thought it was permanent?
No I meant what are their plans for the knockouts? They said they would have a discussion and notify the teams within 2 weeks.

TigerFeetSteve
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:18 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:59 pm
LE18 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:02 pm
Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:56 am
Any news on the European decision yet,is the 2 weeks up this weekend?
I thought it was permanent?
No I meant what are their plans for the knockouts? They said they would have a discussion and notify the teams within 2 weeks.
Possibly they are waiting to see if French teams will be allowed to play in the knockouts before deciding.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by Scott1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:20 pm

TigerFeetSteve wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:18 pm
Scott1 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:59 pm
LE18 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:02 pm


I thought it was permanent?
No I meant what are their plans for the knockouts? They said they would have a discussion and notify the teams within 2 weeks.
Possibly they are waiting to see if French teams will be allowed to play in the knockouts before deciding.
Yes,that’s my thoughts too.

bendy
Tiger Cub
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by bendy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:53 pm

Apologies if I've missed it - but have we had any update on this yet?

Tigerbeat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5689
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: The big wide world

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by Tigerbeat » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:55 pm

bendy wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:53 pm
Apologies if I've missed it - but have we had any update on this yet?
Nothing showing on ERC Website
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TigerFeetSteve and 2 guests