SARRIES FUTURE

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: SARRIES FUTURE

Post by daktari »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:47 am Has there ever been an apology?
erm.....<checks notes>....no.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Old Hob wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:00 pm The Times is suggesting 13 clubs this year and 14 the year after. All the pundits (the establishment) seem to assume that Saracens will be back and they seem to welcome it. I don't. This season is extraordinary so punishment has not been served.
Yes the likes of Stuart Barnes and BT Sport have really missed lavishing all want and praise over our lord and Saviour Nigel Wray and his rugby team.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

The thing we have all missed is that there was no obligation/legislation by clubs to disclose their books. So Sorries got a slap on the wrist for finding a loop hole. Has this loop hole been fixed?
The slap on the wrist looks to be a token as with no games played in the Champs Sorries might get another "Get out of jail" and with very little scrutiny be competing again in the Prem.
So I can understand the injustice of this fiasco.
But as long as C.Doyle S. Barnes and Dayglo are happy and salivating at a (formally- disgraced) Sorries return, then they should hang their heads in shame.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

This discussion continues to go around in circles.

Saracens have been punished and their legacy has been tarnished but they aren't going away, they will come back into the Premiership and life will go on.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

wellstiger wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:35 am The thing we have all missed is that there was no obligation/legislation by clubs to disclose their books. So Sorries got a slap on the wrist for finding a loop hole. Has this loop hole been fixed?
The slap on the wrist looks to be a token as with no games played in the Champs Sorries might get another "Get out of jail" and with very little scrutiny be competing again in the Prem.
So I can understand the injustice of this fiasco.
But as long as C.Doyle S. Barnes and Dayglo are happy and salivating at a (formally- disgraced) Sorries return, then they should hang their heads in shame.
In many ways that was my original point. For all the Saracens dissembling it is the 'sit down you're not going to rock our gravy train' journos such as Kitson, Rees, Barnes Stephen 'did you know I know I'm a friend of James Haskell' Jones, etc who provide the unchallenging media platform which gives Saracens the opportunity to present this post truth picture of what they pretend to be as a club, rather than what they have been proven to be as a club.

If Rees was a proper journalist, and if he cared about the wider game he would have taken the opportunity to call Lucy Chip Off The Old Block out for her use of words. It might have actually helped her - and given encouragement to other rugby supporters.

Words after all are supposed to matter to journalists.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Does anyone actually think that if the League did a detailed audit of Exeter's, Bristol's and our accounts for the past 5 years that they wouldn't find some juicy stuff...
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

The problem with creating pantomime villains is that you forget no one else is a Saint either.

The reason other clubs didn't push harder for Sarries to open their books, and why it will never be a requirement, is that every other club has things to hide too.

Sarries weren't the only ones playing the game, they were just the ones that got caught.

Some of the sanctimonious Daily Mail execute-their-chairman-and-burn-their-ground-to-the-ground nonsense on here actually does make me feel a little sick.

it's done. It's finished. For your own sakes just move on with your lives and give up on the hatred!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

There is a very good argument to say they should, the "pro" game needs to sort this out, otherwise you may as well discard the cap & let the game become a rich man's plaything, until the rich man becomes bored, needs his money elsewhere or turns out to be a fraud...see Wendyball....
The game needs to reset & lower wages as they are not sustainable at present.

Cheaters cheat & I won't trust a certain club ever.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:44 pm There is a very good argument to say they should, the "pro" game needs to sort this out, otherwise you may as well discard the cap & let the game become a rich man's plaything, until the rich man becomes bored, needs his money elsewhere or turns out to be a fraud...see Wendyball....

Do you think they are actually the worst cheats, or just the worst at cheating?
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:47 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:44 pm There is a very good argument to say they should, the "pro" game needs to sort this out, otherwise you may as well discard the cap & let the game become a rich man's plaything, until the rich man becomes bored, needs his money elsewhere or turns out to be a fraud...see Wendyball....

Do you think they are actually the worst cheats, or just the worst at cheating?
Interesting that one.....it would be educational to know how long it really was going on.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:43 pm The problem with creating pantomime villains is that you forget no one else is a Saint either.

The reason other clubs didn't push harder for Sarries to open their books, and why it will never be a requirement, is that every other club has things to hide too.

Sarries weren't the only ones playing the game, they were just the ones that got caught.

Some of the sanctimonious Daily Mail execute-their-chairman-and-burn-their-ground-to-the-ground nonsense on here actually does make me feel a little sick.

it's done. It's finished. For your own sakes just move on with your lives and give up on the hatred!
The voice of reason. It was the use of bold letters that did it for me. The bold letters provided the clarity. I realise now, that when I commented on the quality of media reporting in relation to Saracens. What I was actually hoping for was an all knowing agony uncle, who could actually guide me and help me find fulfilment in my small hate filled life. And now I am free of the burden. And to think the advice was free.
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:43 pm The problem with creating pantomime villains is that you forget no one else is a Saint either.
Why do you use the term 'pantomime villain'?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Traveller wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:58 pm

The voice of reason. It was the use of bold letters that did it for me. The bold letters provided the clarity. I realise now, that when I commented on the quality of media reporting in relation to Saracens. What I was actually hoping for was an all knowing agony uncle, who could actually guide me and help me find fulfilment in my small hate filled life. And now I am free of the burden. And to think the advice was free.
The sarcasm goes well with the bitterness.

Isn't it about time you started talking about Mr Griffiths and his briefcase again? :smt015
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:23 pm
Why do you use the term 'pantomime villain'?
Pantomime's are the epitome of black and white, good vs evil thinking. The bad guy and the good guys. No grey areas.

Some on here, due to their extreme tribalism, see only the bad in Saracens and the Wrays. No punishment will ever be enough, no opportunity to accuse them of wrongdoing will be missed.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

What that club has done, is unforgivable. They have more than tarnished the game of rugby; more like ripped it apart.