Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:39 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:05 am Helps pay BT back revenue for games they missed out on.
Not sure that it would pay BT any revenue back as they would normally only cover three games live on a normal weekend. During the pandemic, they have been covering every game which would be additional resource and finance.
I believe that BT Sport have gone above and beyond what they were contracted to cover to assist with fans seeing live rugby whilst stadiums are not accessible.
Yes but the cancelled games otherwise would be lost potential revenue. By putting them on they have 2 or 3 games a weekend that will be able to draw fans when now they won't be getting any matches to draw people in
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:42 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:39 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:05 am Helps pay BT back revenue for games they missed out on.
Not sure that it would pay BT any revenue back as they would normally only cover three games live on a normal weekend. During the pandemic, they have been covering every game which would be additional resource and finance.
I believe that BT Sport have gone above and beyond what they were contracted to cover to assist with fans seeing live rugby whilst stadiums are not accessible.
Yes but the cancelled games otherwise would be lost potential revenue. By putting them on they have 2 or 3 games a weekend that will be able to draw fans when now they won't be getting any matches to draw people in
Very good point,but it’s risking a backlog though because I very much doubt we will have any fans this year let alone this season!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

There have been suggestions that some clubs were against playing Premiership matches over the next two weekends because it could mean international players would be available for more matches. Great if you're Bath, Exeter or Tigers, not so attractive if you're London Irish or Worcester...
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Be great to see a couple of 'A' team games put in against other Premiership clubs which could be streamed through club websites much like the Saracens game a few weeks back.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

PRO 14 have got 2 rearranged games this weekend.....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Reports tonight that EPCR will void the last two rounds of the groups in both the Champions and Challenge Cups and move straight to a knockout stage.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... -knockouts
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Grimlish wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:22 pm Reports tonight that EPCR will void the last two rounds of the groups in both the Champions and Challenge Cups and move straight to a knockout stage.

So would be a home game vs Montpellier next for us if that happens
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Not a lot of options, to be honest. Abandon the home and away nature of the pools and move on.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Grimlish wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:22 pm Reports tonight that EPCR will void the last two rounds of the groups in both the Champions and Challenge Cups and move straight to a knockout stage.

What's the point? I'm sorry someone has got to take the bullet, be it the domestic leagues, the EPCR, the Six Nations or the Lions but who is going to blink first?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

This please... London Irish v Glasgow, Ospreys v Harlequins, Cardiff v Dragons, Leicester v Montpellier, Zebre v Bath, Agen v Northampton, Benetton v Connacht and Newcastle v Ulster

Just go straight knock out, much more appealing. In hindsight that would have made for a more interesting tournament from the off. With no crowds games wouldn't have been factor as long as everyone got a cut of the pot with bonuses the further you go in the comp.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

All group games cancelled in both cups. Who do we play then?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I would condense the competition too and keep both cups separate. Top 8 of CC straight to a QF and top four of both groups of RCC straight into a knockout. It’s never sat right with me about mixing both cups like the Champions League and Europa do after the group stages.

So
Leinster v Munster
Wasps v Toulouse
Racing 92 v Bordeaux
Lyon v La Rochelle

LI v Newcastle
Ospreys v Benetton
Cardiff v Agen
Leicester v Zebre
KUSADASI TIGER

Post by KUSADASI TIGER »

By my maths we will be at home to Exeter
be happy and save energy a smile uses less muscles than a frown
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

KUSADASI TIGER wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:13 pm By my maths we will be at home to Exeter
Not sure yet ,they will make a decision in the next two weeks. I think my idea would be the best way to go straight into a QF in both cups. I expect 12 RCC teams and 4 CC to go into a mixed round of 16 though which would be a joke!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

KUSADASI TIGER wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:13 pm By my maths we will be at home to Exeter
No if they do it on current standings it would be Montpellier, note it's going to a last 16 in both tournaments.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.