Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bayonne

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Noggs wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:09 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:56 pm
Big Dai wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:48 pm Indeed. 6 Nations will soon follow. I can't see the French being willing to participate given the infection levels. With the vaccination programme not anticipated to be complete until the autumn continuing at a level of acceptable risk seems miles away.

We'll be back to watching recordings before long. You thought 2020 was bad? 2021 thus far is not much better.
Autumn? Has just been said 15m will be vaccinated by end of February. If that’s the case that will be the vulnerable groups more than taken care of and restrictions should be lifted!
It doesn't and they won't.

Assuming that groups 1 to 4 receive their first jabs by mid Feb it will be a further three weeks before all have achieved immunity and they also will require their second jabs to achieve the maximum immunity possible. This will cover 88% of the current fatalities but this still leaves a lot of vulnerable people exposed and with high infection rates the chance of further mutations also increases. Now is the one and only chance to put this virus to bed and rushing too quickly to lift restrictions is foolish in the extreme. I love my rugby but at the end of the day it is a sport and not worth risking many lives to give us entertainment.
Can't disagree with that, although we could of done a better job 12 months ago at stopping the virus.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bayonne - European games suspended

Post by Scott1 »

What are Sarries up to?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:30 pm What are Sarries up to?
Cooking the books?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Prem rugby have confirmed there will be a two week break to allow players a ‘test’.

They haven’t got the balls or brains to do anything creative and all they’re doing is piling the fixture list up come May/ June.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:34 pm
Cooking the books?
😂👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Looks like the French Government have made the decision for them.

https://www.epcrugby.com/2021/01/11/ep ... suspended/

Also lots on media that Premiership are going to stop for 2 weeks so no rearranged fixtures over this period I guess

Fast moving but looks like we are back to seeing if we can see our younger faces in the crowd of historic match replays...
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

chipnchase wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:47 pm Prem rugby have confirmed there will be a two week break to allow players a ‘test’.

They haven’t got the balls or brains to do anything creative and all they’re doing is piling the fixture list up come May/ June.
Agreed, they're not fit for purpose! All they do is alienate fans instead of keeping the interest going, idiots :smt013
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Poor from Prem Rugby. I could understand that it's too soon to do anything this week but next week is a perfectly viable window for playing games. If they don't want to bring games forward how about play some of those that have been called off. I'm sure BT would gleefully televise a rearranged East Midlands Derby and we'd all tune in for it.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:51 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:34 pm
Cooking the books?
😂👍
Allianze have dumped them and StoneX have taken over as chief sponsor. (who are they?)
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

chipnchase wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:47 pm Prem rugby have confirmed there will be a two week break to allow players a ‘test’.

“the players need some well earned rest” = we at prem rugby can’t be arsed to rearrange the fixtures.

Tigers will have played 1 game in 5 weeks I’m making assumptions here but I imagine the last thing they want is 2 weeks off now and then a ridiculously cramped schedule come May/June.

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/p ... week-break
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bayonne

Post by LE18 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:56 pm
Big Dai wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:48 pm Indeed. 6 Nations will soon follow. I can't see the French being willing to participate given the infection levels. With the vaccination programme not anticipated to be complete until the autumn continuing at a level of acceptable risk seems miles away.

We'll be back to watching recordings before long. You thought 2020 was bad? 2021 thus far is not much better.
Autumn? Has just been said 15m will be vaccinated by end of February. If that’s the case that will be the vulnerable groups more than taken care of and restrictions should be lifted!
Wow does that mean we old and decrepit fans who sit in the Crumbie under our car blankets and drink our hot bovril, who dont make any noise, we will be able to see live rugby, whilst you youngsters have to sit at home and watch us on telly enjoying ourselves?
I will have to put in a request to Rock Bottom, no more I will walk 500 miles or I got soul, All the things I have done etc more Gracie Fields or Vera Lynn :smt035 :smt035 :smt038 :smt038
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Maybe Premiership Rugby felt that, in light of the growing criticism of the behaviour of elite sportsmen and their fans at the weekend (i.e. football), it might be a good idea to keep their heads down for a couple of weeks.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Given the current situation, not just here in the UK, I am also disappointed that there will be no rugby for the next couple of weeks. There are things that are more important and I support the decision to suspend the ERC Competitions and have two weeks off. The number of people that are involved in setting up media facilities, staff and coaches etc are not small......the logistics of putting equipment in place is huge.
I just want to get through this all and be able to meet up with friends at Mattioli Wood Welford Road sooner.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

At least the French have made a decision to try to protect the players and staff at their clubs. Seems sensible to me. I’d rather the players and their families can try to stay virus free. As it seems the Lions’ tour to South Africa could be off then the 6 Nations could be played at the end of the Premiership Season: this would depend on Wales and Ireland also suspending their season and the BBC and ITV willing to risk broadcasting their 6 Nations games in the Summer!
Depending how the virus cases pan out then the European competitions may have to be abandoned.
My main concern is that financially, Tigers and quite a few other clubs can survive and also remain Covid free.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Seems to me a fair few of the Prem clubs wanted to play over the next couple weeks, could also argue its an opportunity missed for the Prem to showcase all their international stars for an extra 2 weeks