Gallagher Premiership Round 6

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Gallagher Premiership Round 6

Post by wellstiger »

I know Chiefs are without some players ..... .but have teams found how to play them.
Can we have our points please........

French yet to confirm Champions and Challenge cancelled.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:19 am Although Sinckler probably was rightly peed off for Cowan-Dickie's "tackle", swearing at the ref in frustration is not the way to go about it. Had it not been a former teammate Dickson refereeing I suspect Sinckler might have been red carded.
Which is one of the reasons why Dickson shouldn't be refereeing at this level.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ourla wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:30 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:48 pm
ourla wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:39 pm
Interesting take. Not so sure myself. I think it was just one of those games.
You're not sure though.
Bath came back from the first lockdown looking physically superior, they're still having strong starts in matches but it's possible that they are starting to fade with fatigue and that is opening up more space.
Personally if it protects players health long term then I'm all for it.
It's not what we've become used to but it's certainly entertaining.
We will see.
I think all the other matches in this round show it's still the exception rather than the rule.
What about Exeter losing their groove?
It looks to me like the very well drilled sides with the big physical approach are struggling more now than they were last season.
The more recently promoted sides are coping well.
The exception are Wasps and they were already building for plan A, B and C.
I think the disruption to training methods is possibly having a levelling up effect.
What would be interesting is if we begin to witness a drop in serious injuries!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Exeter really missed Ewers this week, he's an essential player for them. Add the lack of Vermeulen and Kirsten and they just didn't have the physicality. Hogg and Nowell make their back line a completely different proposition.

I wouldn't be too worried if I was a Chiefs fan, they've lost to the 2 next best teams in the league with 5 key players missing - hardly a disaster. Well done to Bristol though, a good performance.

Still not convinced by Sheedy, two huge errors in that game that could have let Exeter back in.

Randall is brilliant to watch, but will Eddie ever pick that kind (and size) of player?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:28 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:19 am Although Sinckler probably was rightly peed off for Cowan-Dickie's "tackle", swearing at the ref in frustration is not the way to go about it. Had it not been a former teammate Dickson refereeing I suspect Sinckler might have been red carded.
Which is one of the reasons why Dickson shouldn't be refereeing at this level.
When he first came through, I thought Dickson showed promise as a referee but it takes time to get rid of biases, dislikes etc of other players and clubs that you have as a player. Yesterday also wasn't the first time that Dickson has demonstrated that he frankly doesn't have a clue when it comes to scrums but very few refs do at the moment.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Quins 3-7 LI
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Quins 17-7 LI
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

27-27 draw great result
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Nice 3 points for LI
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:58 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:54 pm 5 points from 4th and 9 points from bottom.
If Quins lose we will go 6th I believe.
That’s correct. Draw would be nice :smt023
Draw it is :smt023

Tigers up into 6th
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Really enjoyed that one. Smith should have been in the bin for the last 5 minutes, he played very well though.

Parton at full back for Irish was outstanding. Their scrum, not so much.

The draw was probably a fair result.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:59 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:54 pm 5 points from 4th and 9 points from bottom.
If Quins lose we will go 6th I believe.

Tigers up into 6th
Don't get too excited. Sorry to be the Negative Nancy again, but more than 40% of our league points have come from games that didn't happen.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:05 pm

Tigers up into 6th
Don't get too excited. Sorry to be the Negative Nancy again, but more than 40% of our league points have come from games that didn't happen.
I am excited. Lots of other teams points have come that way too not just us. We have beaten Glos and Bath and earned 9 points and had 6 (potentially) as a result of COVID protocols. We have also 9 from a possible 10 against French opposition in Europe.

So I am excited. Well, far more excited than at any point in the past few seasons! And there’s not much to be excited about right now so I’ll cling on to this one! :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:17 pm
Tiglon wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:05 pm

Tigers up into 6th
I am excited. Lots of other teams points have come that way too not just us. We have beaten Glos and Bath and earned 9 points and had 6 (potentially) as a result of COVID protocols. We have also 9 from a possible 10 against French opposition in Europe.

So I am excited. Well, far more excited than at any point in the past few seasons! And there’s not much to be excited about right now so I’ll cling on to this one! :smt023
Fair enough, not going to begrudge you a bit of excitement! There are really only 4 teams that look clearly stronger than us at the moment, so plenty to be hopeful about.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Sinckler cited for swearing at ref:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55617729