Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Gallagher Premiership Round 6

Post by Scott1 »

Should be second tbf though because we would’ve beaten Newcastle 😜
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:23 pm Get in! Well done Brizzle will catch highlights later
The main talking point may be Dickson's failure to send off his former teammate Sinckler for screaming an obscenity at him. It was screamed so loud it was clearly audible on TV at least as loud as the commentators. LCD's tackle on Sinckler was a penalty but screaming at the ref and including foul language should have been more than a talking to.

Sam Simmonds running down Randall to prevent a try was pretty impressive as well.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:43 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:23 pm Get in! Well done Brizzle will catch highlights later
The main talking point may be Dickson's failure to send off his former teammate Sinckler for screaming an obscenity at him. It was screamed so loud it was clearly audible on TV at least as loud as the commentators. LCD's tackle on Sinckler was a penalty but screaming at the ref and including foul language should have been more than a talking to.

Sam Simmonds running down Randall to prevent a try was pretty impressive as well.
Thanks. Well deserved win though?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Brizzle well worth the win. They were really up for it. Good line speed. Impressive defence. Decent enough pack and a good set of backs.
I'm not cynical just experienced
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:47 pm

Thanks. Well deserved win though?
Yeah they deserved the win. Both teams had good defence and set piece. Bristol edged the scrum and just had more spark in attack. Very physical game, I thought Attwood was key for Bristol in the tight battle. Randall got man of the match.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

It's going to be interesting to see if Exeter change tactics now. Good possibility that at last other teams are getting a strategy together.
Even though we are far from the finished article we had them rattled in the first half!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

So after 6 rounds we are 5 points behind Exeter and 2nd place! I’ll take that :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:25 pm So after 6 rounds we are 5 points behind Exeter and 2nd place! I’ll take that :smt023
...and you know what? I reckon if we'd played Newcastle and Saints that gap would only be 3 points :smt023
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

We still haven’t been allocated our 4 points. A long shot, I know, but if the European games get canned for next week, might we see the local derby played then?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

BFG wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:48 pm
ourla wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:39 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:17 pm Expect the attacking success to continue, and more for the team's set up to be so.
Less contact training due to the risks of Covid and concussion.
It'll start to show up the average meat head and it is about time!
Interesting take. Not so sure myself. I think it was just one of those games.
You're not sure though.
Bath came back from the first lockdown looking physically superior, they're still having strong starts in matches but it's possible that they are starting to fade with fatigue and that is opening up more space.
Personally if it protects players health long term then I'm all for it.
It's not what we've become used to but it's certainly entertaining.
We will see.
I think all the other matches in this round show it's still the exception rather than the rule.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Wondered what Sinckler was apologising for on Twitter.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Exeter without a lot of top players the last couple of weeks and playing good teams.

They will be there at the end no doubts on that.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

loretta wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:22 pm We still haven’t been allocated our 4 points. A long shot, I know, but if the European games get canned for next week, might we see the local derby played then?
They don't normally get allocated until the other matches have been played and the committee have met to agree their allocation.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Very much a well deserved win for Bristol - keeps the regular season honest.Fire and desire along with stardust , a potent combination.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Although Sinckler probably was rightly peed off for Cowan-Dickie's "tackle", swearing at the ref in frustration is not the way to go about it. Had it not been a former teammate Dickson refereeing I suspect Sinckler might have been red carded.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni