Gallagher Premiership Round 6

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Gallagher Premiership Round 6

Post by JP14 »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:28 pm I watched and enjoyed the Bath Wasps game last night. As a neutral it was lovely to just enjoy a game of rugby. I read some remarks on the Bath forum after the game and I thought it was the same as reading ours...England Players playing better for England and not their clubs (see Watson and Joesph and exchange for Lenny). A coach who is out of his depth (Hopper and Smurph for us) and most telling was the doom mongers and happy clappers!! It appears that all teams have the same views.
I thought that Umaga was really poor and bottled quite a lot, certainly for the Underhill try. Didn’t seem to want to do some of the dirty work and get his body on the line. In the Smith V Umaga contest I think Smith is better by a margin.
JJ is not in great form and was anonymous for most of the game. If preistland is out for sometime with a head injury after 2 quick failed HIA’s Bath could be in trouble. DeGlanville is a talent for Bath. Looks good at fallback and better than Watson under the high ball.
Odogwu is some player! He is light years away from what i saw at Sale. He is a real talent and would think Jones would be taking a good long look at him.
Wasps are clearly going int he right direction, Bath are at the tipping point. They win a couple of games all is rosey here in Bath, they lose and the knives will be out for Hooper.
I agree I thought that Umaga was poor. In terms of players impressing Eddie Jones, I don't think there would have been many as good as last night's game was. Maybe Jack Willis, Launchbury, as I have stated in an earlier post would Odogwu fit into England's game-plan? Bath players maybe Obano, I thought Ewels was poor but Jones continously selects him regardless ahead of better locks.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Some of Austin Healey's commentary in the Newcastle game is just dreadful.

"If a professional rugby player can't get the ball out to the winger, he should go and be a bricklayer instead."

He gleefully jumps all over every error with his OTT criticism.

What a nasty, arrogant, unpleasant man.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Glos leave empty handed
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:27 pmSuper Jonny
Feel sorry for him.. seems to spend all his time in sides that are sat at the bottom of the table!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Looks like Gloc will be the ones praying for ringfencing!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Great weekend for us so far. 4 points for us, 1 for Bath and 0 for Glos
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:52 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:27 pmSuper Jonny
Feel sorry for him.. seems to spend all his time in sides that are sat at the bottom of the table!
Speaking to my Gloc mate,apparently May was Cips choice and Ackerman wanted to spend the money elsewhere. Read into that what you will!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

5 points from 4th and 9 points from bottom.
If Quins lose we will go 6th I believe.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:54 pm 5 points from 4th and 9 points from bottom.
If Quins lose we will go 6th I believe.
That’s correct. Draw would be nice :smt023
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Thought May was really poor, easily outmatched by Radwan.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

COYB!
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:28 pm Thought May was really poor, easily outmatched by Radwan.
May didn't have the best game.

Radwan looks absolute quality though. I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes Cokanasiga and Thorley out the England squad. Same sort of pace as Thorley but a rock solid defensive game.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Looking like another Chiefs loss, that’s cheered me up 😂
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Get in! Well done Brizzle will catch highlights later
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:21 pm Looking like another Chiefs loss, that’s cheered me up 😂
When was the last time they lost 2 in a row.. or were 3rd in the table!