LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by JP14 »

I agree with RB would be a shame if Browning goes, as would Lewis, the other two isn't the end of the world.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by LE18 »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:45 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:09 pm Right, can whoever is in looking after recruitment please be talking De Bruin into staying at Tigers past this season...
Just looked at his stats on the tigers web-site. 6 foot and 20 stone. Looking at his photo he looks a beast
I suggest we ask our CEO to use her charms on him. :smt002
Loob19

Post by Loob19 »

By all accounts (The Rugby Paper) Bonilla is off at the end of the season - France is the suggested destination. That was short term!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Loob19 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:25 pm By all accounts (The Rugby Paper) Bonilla is off at the end of the season - France is the suggested destination. That was short term!
Hopefully Henry will deputise ably, but that means another 10 needed.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Player churn continues! Expect a fair bit of movement, especially outbound, again this summer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:29 pm
Loob19 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:25 pm By all accounts (The Rugby Paper) Bonilla is off at the end of the season - France is the suggested destination. That was short term!
If young George Barton at Glaws is dissatisfied with his lack of meaningful opportunities at Glaws I'd take him here. He looked good when sent to the wolves in Europe this weekend. That or see if Costelow is bored of being down the pecking order in Wales yet.

Unsurprised Bonilla is a one year deal. He can make more in France and Ford will miss less of next season with normal international windows. Henry will still be here as well.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:58 pm
If young George Barton at Glaws is dissatisfied with his lack of meaningful opportunities at Glaws I'd take him here. He looked good when sent to the wolves in Europe this weekend. That or see if Costelow is bored of being down the pecking order in Wales yet.

Unsurprised Bonilla is a one year deal. He can make more in France and Ford will miss less of next season with normal international windows. Henry will still be here as well.
I think with the Jaguares situation a lot of their players were possibly looking for contracts at shortish notice. So we can't begrudge him looking for an immediate home then a longer one.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:58 pm

I tweeted yesterday "Still wish they (Scarlets) would use Sam Costelow more. As Ford was to Flood at Tigers, so should Costelow have been to Ford. Similar age gap."

I mention this only because Sam's dad 'liked' the tweet.....
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I don’t expect too much movement really currently.
Certainly not in the starting XV maybe even the 2nd XV.

I feel Taufua currently is the only player who would be first XV that I’m worried about losing.

If Bonilla does go and we look to sign a replacement Barton would be 100% at the top of my list.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Bonilla staying only for a season is not the end of the world, he needed a contract quickly. My guess is that he signed a longer contract but had the option to leave after 12 months.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Does beg the question as to why Bonilla is currently starting over Henry if he is only here on a 'stop-gap' contract. From what Ive seen there is certainly not much between them, although I will say that Bonilla's kicking from the tee looks very assured.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TigerMac3 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:24 am Does beg the question as to why Bonilla is currently starting over Henry if he is only here on a 'stop-gap' contract. From what Ive seen there is certainly not much between them, although I will say that Bonilla's kicking from the tee looks very assured.
He started one game on a weekend we wanted to trial Henry again at 15 see how he goes and understand his capabilities.

Long season and Henry is clearly well in SB's plans.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

TigerMac3 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:24 am Does beg the question as to why Bonilla is currently starting over Henry if he is only here on a 'stop-gap' contract. From what Ive seen there is certainly not much between them, although I will say that Bonilla's kicking from the tee looks very assured.
Henry is also 26, not exactly a development prospect. As long as the correct one is picked to win specific games it shouldn't really matter.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:22 am
Henry is also 26, not exactly a development prospect. As long as the correct one is picked to win specific games it shouldn't really matter.
I think Henry is in the 'late developer' slot - someone who rises to the occasion, as did Holmes.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Might be worth keeping a eye on No.7s at the Scarlets, they have at least 3 good enough for the starting role.
At present it does look as if Costelow might of made an error, 4th choice at present.
To win is not as important as playing with style!