LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by kpj tiger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:47 pm
strawclearer wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:16 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:46 am If Taufua goes we best sign a replacement, we need Nemani to work on him to stay.
We need to make sure we hang on to Nemani first! He was persuaded to come here by Veainu and Tuilagi and was excited to play 'running rugby' with them rather than the 'kick and chase' we're seeing at the moment. That's not what he came here to play.
Unless he is a good actor he seems to like Leicestershire, so that's a start, if we dont use Nemani properly, we don't deserve to keep him, if we want to continually boot the leather off the ball we might as well play with a backline of flankers.
Now there's an idea! 6. Liebenberg 7. Brink 8. Weise 11. Lewis 12. Wallace 13. Reffell 14. Coughlan 15. Taufua
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by JP14 »

Jokes aside Coghlan actually has played wing for Nottingham to fill in for injuries.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Freddie at 15, JT onto the wing, Freddie is probably big enough to play on the flank.

The big joke being Nemani is bigger than all of them, but wasted if we just hoof it away!

You wonder if we would stick to the same stuff if we had a in their prime Lomu on one wing CauCau on the other.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:19 pm Freddie at 15, JT onto the wing, Freddie is probably big enough to play on the flank.

The big joke being Nemani is bigger than all of them, but wasted if we just hoof it away!

You wonder if we would stick to the same stuff if we had a in their prime Lomu on one wing CauCau on the other.
I would try Nemani in the centres, he has played there and I think he would do some real damage and suck in many defenders ala Manu
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Chobbsy wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:23 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:19 pm Freddie at 15, JT onto the wing, Freddie is probably big enough to play on the flank.

I would try Nemani in the centres, he has played there and I think he would do some real damage and suck in many defenders ala Manu
Agreed wouldn't mind seeing 11. Van Wyk/Potter/Porter 12. Nadolo 13. Moroni 14. Murimurivalu 15. Steward
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:29 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:23 pm

Agreed wouldn't mind seeing 11. Van Wyk/Potter/Porter 12. Nadolo 13. Moroni 14. Murimurivalu 15. Steward
Has Moroni arrive yet?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I'm not sure if Nadolo's tackling is good enough to play in the centre, I saw him make a couple of very non tackles against Georgia.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Right, can whoever is in looking after recruitment please be talking De Bruin into staying at Tigers past this season...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

He confirmed it himself that’s it’s a 7 month contract then 3 year contract to Edinburgh.

So would be very hard to do.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:13 pm He confirmed it himself that’s it’s a 7 month contract then 3 year contract to Edinburgh.

Pity but may be worth an enquiry, especially if Edinburgh have financial woes from Covid? Or am I clutching at straws?
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:13 pm He confirmed it himself that’s it’s a 7 month contract then 3 year contract to Edinburgh.

However, I still expect there to be many people moaning how the club have let another one go etc etc etc when his contract expires. :smt015
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:18 pm

Pity but may be worth an enquiry, especially if Edinburgh have financial woes from Covid? Or am I clutching at straws?
Clutching sadly but it might be worth a go. I don't think we are in a great place financially either so transfer fees might not be likely.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:38 am

Clutching sadly but it might be worth a go. I don't think we are in a great place financially either so transfer fees might not be likely.
Yeah I know it's clutching, but if we start coming out of this pandemic soon we'll see if the boards rutless streak may have assisted us financially. Hopefully given Cole can't go on forever and Heyes can't run tighthead by himself we're looking for a big player there (that said we've also wasted big money in props recently too)
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:51 am
sam16111986 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:38 am

Yeah I know it's clutching, but if we start coming out of this pandemic soon we'll see if the boards rutless streak may have assisted us financially. Hopefully given Cole can't go on forever and Heyes can't run tighthead by himself we're looking for a big player there (that said we've also wasted big money in props recently too)
de Bruin is an ideal age to slot in between Cole and Heyes. Based on last night he's a monster in the scrum but I'd wait and see a few more games before declaring him the answer.

I don't know if Leatigaga was seen as the answer at tighthead to bridge the gap initially but he looks better scrumming on the loosehead side where we already have good options in Genge and Gigena. Six good props is what you need to compete at the top level so we will need to replace de Bruin when he goes.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

↑ this. One game against weak opposition and we've decided De Bruin is the second coming. Calm down. He looked very good, but let's see a bit more before we start talking about breaking contracts etc. To be honest, I would prefer to leave that kind of behaviour to Sale anyway.

I'm sure our Head of Elite Performance Recruitment is working on a replacement anyway...