Diamond leaves Sale! - Alex Sanderson takes over!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Diamond leaves Sale!

Post by ourla »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:37 pm
ourla wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:36 pm
trendylfj wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:23 pm AQlso it seems there is unrest at the Saints - open letter in the Chronicle - https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news ... ts-3060927
Link doesn't work
No, it doesn't, but it did so must have been taken down - it was a letter saying supporters were disappointed with the start and wanted a change "at the top". Know no more than what I read via NewsNow Northampton Saints. The link is still there but doesn't work.
Looking in the Saints message board yesterday it was from a well known so called supporter who has been banned from a number of groups. Some eejit put it up in the Chron before checking out who it was from and whether they were a credible supporters view.

Saints lost on Friday from a penalty from an instinctive reaction of a young prop. They deserved to win and if they had done so the picture would have been a bit different. I watched their match against Quins and they had some good moments in that too.

Obviously you can only have so much patience with a DoR but I think Saints should keep faith. They have two tough Champions Cup fixtures coming up but then play Worcester, Irish and ourselves in the Prem. All very winnable from their point of view.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Strange times
Top heavy clubs making savings by throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Players are the commodity that hopefully will bring in the rewards and the crowds when Tiers are lifted.

If it is a mutual agreement due to health or social concerns then their must be a package in place.
I don't think Smurf will be the answer for Sale.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

As for Saints , I can see a move at the top. They are on a downward spiral. Players don't look happy and if crowds were at Franklins I believe their voices will be heard.
Do they have the players or the depth of squad, I believe so. Are they on the same track as Tigers two seasons ago. Maybe.

Interesting to see how those who were so enjoying Tigers fall from grace will now view their own teams plight.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

With Richard Wilks rumored to be temp, I wouldn’t mind Diamond as a person in charge of contracts and scouting.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:38 pm With Richard Wilks rumored to be temp, I wouldn’t mind Diamond as a person in charge of contracts and scouting.
Him and Borthwick would be interesting. Would it be a nuclear explosion or like Ian Paisley and Martin McGuiness (sp).
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

In todays Telegraph, Dimes No2 Paul Deacon says there was a dispute, after losing to Falcons, as to the future direction Sale was taking, Dimes left with immediate effect.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

So after loss to Falcons something is said by Chief Exec or owners that Dimmes gets sufficiently upset about to walk out after ten years. It could be that he is in an emotional state due to recent family loss and considers work / life balance needs addressing. He has my sympathy. Alternatively or additionally there may be a hangover from the COVID outbreak and maybe the circumstances were not quite as white as presented. I could imagine someone saying “we missed out last year because you let ‘em go on the :censored: and it looks like they are still out on the :censored: from their performance tonight........I wonder - total speculation on my part.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Offside wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:15 pm So after loss to Falcons something is said by Chief Exec or owners that Dimmes gets sufficiently upset about to walk out after ten years. It could be that he is in an emotional state due to recent family loss and considers work / life balance needs addressing. He has my sympathy. Alternatively or additionally there may be a hangover from the COVID outbreak and maybe the circumstances were not quite as white as presented. I could imagine someone saying “we missed out last year because you let ‘em go on the :censored: and it looks like they are still out on the :censored: from their performance tonight........I wonder - total speculation on my part.
So are you saying that Paul Deacon, after their 7-45 am hastily arranged meeting, not telling the Telegraph the correct reason for Dimes exit?
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

I thought the article suggested a dispute regarding future direction after the loss. It seems an extreme response to a dispute after 3 games and a reasonable season, by their recent standards, last year. Hence I wonder if there was a bit of underlying tension from the previous season result?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Offside wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:49 pm I thought the article suggested a dispute regarding future direction after the loss. It seems an extreme response to a dispute after 3 games and a reasonable season, by their recent standards, last year. Hence I wonder if there was a bit of underlying tension from the previous season result?
Yes I doubt it was just one dispute, most likely the straw that broke the camels back...

Was it the covid outbreak, maybe. Then again one of them may just have well have objected to signing Tuilagi or any number of things.

In the same way, were any of our staff leavers due to some breach in covid restrictions that contributed to our outbreak, we'll probably never know unless NDA's have a time limit to co-inside with an autobiography being published in many years.

There's always 3 sides to a story, one parties version, the other parties and the truth that's usually somewhere in the middle.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

kk20gb30 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:11 am Apparently family related :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55524882
He was on BT Sport after the match last night and said all that had gone on. Sounds like he has gone through a really tough time and family are very important.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Its a better Premiership with Diamond, I hope he's soon back in the game when he feels ready :smt023
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:40 am
kk20gb30 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:11 am Apparently family related :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55524882
He was on BT Sport after the match last night and said all that had gone on. Sounds like he has gone through a really tough time and family are very important.
Absolutely - the bloke did the right thing. As someone who has a sister in the last stages of terminal cancer, the last thing you need is a 24/7 job - yes, takes your mind off things, but there are times you have to walk away too.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

He said at the time that he was leaving for personal reasons and that there hadn't been a falling out and guess what, it turns out to be true.

His interview on BT last night was excellent and perhaps you saw the man behind the mask in a different light. I agreed with much of what he said and in particular ring fencing the premiership for a couple of seasons to allow clubs a chance to recover from the affect of Covid and the points distortion caused by cancelled games. He also suggested that Saracens be allowed back in for next season (assuming they qualify) making it a 13 team league to two seasons.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!