Diamond leaves Sale! - Alex Sanderson takes over!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BengalTiger

Re: Diamond leaves Sale!

Post by BengalTiger »

The mention of Simon and Ged made me think this was a cut and paste from this forum two seasons ago!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

ourla wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:19 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:28 pm Cant stand the bloke, but another club losing a part of its DNA.
What don't you like?
I think the Manu stuff was the icing on a rather brown sticky cake, calling out a journalist, is a particular highlight.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

I think it's a compliment to him that he is not universally liked - it shows what he achieved !!!

As others have said, hope it's not a health issue....
Less is more....
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

AQlso it seems there is unrest at the Saints - open letter in the Chronicle - https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news ... ts-3060927
Hehehehehehehehe
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:23 pm AQlso it seems there is unrest at the Saints - open letter in the Chronicle - https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news ... ts-3060927
Link doesn't work
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Didn't a close family member pass away recently? Maybe Diamond feels he needs to have some time away from the game in light of this?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Wasn't expecting that, could there be an opening for Geordan, he could link up again with Manu?
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=LE18 post_id=760281 time=1607446841 user_id=8553]
Wasn't expecting that, could there be an opening for Geordan, he could link up again with Manu?
[/quote]

Maybe! But the job spec will probably look for the new man to be fluent in Africaans, not East Mids-Irish.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

He says he is looking forward to taking some time out to plan his next challenge, so doesn't sound like medical issues.

"I feel that this is the perfect moment to hand over to someone else, given the club is now stable and in a great position to compete at the highest level" - sounds about as honest and transparent as the statements that come out of this club. Having taken the club to finally being able to compete at the top of the Premiership, he suddenly decided 3 games into the season in which he has his best chance yet of winning something that it's the perfect time to leave.

Must be more to it, but after trying to keep track of and understand the constant changes at Tigers, I don't have enough time to worry about it! Bit of a shame for the Premiership.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

Maybe he was told that Sale and Tigers were swapping the board of directors around :smt023
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

ourla wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:36 pm
trendylfj wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:23 pm AQlso it seems there is unrest at the Saints - open letter in the Chronicle - https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news ... ts-3060927
Link doesn't work
It's Northampton - it's all cobblers. :smt003
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

ourla wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:36 pm
Link doesn't work
No, it doesn't, but it did so must have been taken down - it was a letter saying supporters were disappointed with the start and wanted a change "at the top". Know no more than what I read via NewsNow Northampton Saints. The link is still there but doesn't work.
Hehehehehehehehe
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Does anyone else think this has anything to do with the concussion story considering Dimes comments in the past or am I putting 2 and 2 together and making 5?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

First and foremost hope all is well with him and his family health wise , and wish the man well.
Love or loath him I believe you cant dismiss what he has achieved at Sale.Now well established in the north in their own right they have a team capable of matching and beating anyone on their day.Whilst not everyone's cup of tea he is the type you would want in your corner.
I always felt that from last season onward his credentials as a top coach were going to be put under the microscope somewhat as the 'little Sale , alone and up North with no money' argument no longer applied but the point and question is academic now.
All the same his character and belligerence will be missed , and I'm sure he'll resurface somewhere , at sometime to mix things up a little.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:03 pm Does anyone else think this has anything to do with the concussion story considering Dimes comments in the past or am I putting 2 and 2 together and making 5?
Yes, I would say it's down to your maths.