Tigers vs Brive

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Tigers vs Brive

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I'm guessing our internationals are back, none have done ridiculousminuteswhile away, so I would go full strength to get a result Friday which personally I think makes the team.

15. Steward
14. Murimurivalu
13. Taute
12. Scott
11. Nadolo
10. Ford
9. Youngs
1. Genge
2. Youngs
3. Cole
4. Wells
5. Green
6. Liebenberg
7. Taufua
8. Wiese

16. Mamukashvili
17. Leatigaga
18. Heyes
19. Brink
20. Wallace
21. Wigglesworth
22. Henry
23. Porter

Given the injuries at 2nd row and the depth we have at back row I think Liebenberg can cover 2nd row.

I don't think Reffell will be fit after his knock, other than that am going with the same people being available again as this last weekend.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Brive

Post by ourla »

Brive have a pretty poor record in the Top 14 this season - beat bottom club Agen in a low scoring game latest. Do they have any intenationals?

I'd be looking to go out strong with as strong a team as possible with hope we can get enough points on the board and break their spirit by 50 minutes and then starting cycling players out.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

See what condition the internationals come back in and make decisions about rest based on that. Put out a strong team as suggested and go for a morale-boosting win.

Think about the key combinations we need later in the season - for example, play either Wigglesworth and Henry, or Youngs and Ford. If Ford starts to adapt to playing with Wigglesworth, or Henry to playing with Youngs, that is unlikely to help further down the line. We essentially need two teams for the rest of the season (barring injuries) - first team and 6N team. Put out one or the other wherever possible rather than mixing and confusing matters.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

ourla wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:36 pm Brive have a pretty poor record in the Top 14 this season - beat bottom club Agen in a low scoring game latest. Do they have any intenationals?
The only full international name that I recognise is the infamous Stuart Olding who had a handful of Irish caps a few years ago.
There's also former Saracen and England U20 prop Haydn Thompson-Stringer in their ranks and former Exeter Chiefs' 2nd row Mitch Lees.

Brive are second bottom and if Tigers field a strong side, there should only be one result. ( a win for Tigers, in case there are any doubters!!)
Semper in excretia
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:02 pm I'm guessing our internationals are back, none have done ridiculousminuteswhile away, so I would go full strength to get a result Friday which personally I think makes the team.

15. Steward
14. Murimurivalu
13. Taute
12. Scott
11. Nadolo
10. Ford
9. Youngs
1. Genge
2. Youngs
3. Cole
4. Wells
5. Green
6. Liebenberg
7. Taufua
8. Wiese

16. Mamukashvili
17. Leatigaga
18. Heyes
19. Brink
20. Wallace
21. Wigglesworth
22. Henry
23. Porter

Given the injuries at 2nd row and the depth we have at back row I think Liebenberg can cover 2nd row.

I don't think Reffell will be fit after his knock, other than that am going with the same people being available again as this last weekend.
Given the 2 matches in 2 days I imagine we will go for a development team against Sarries and target this match as a way of integrating our internationals back into the side as you've suggested.

Unless I've missed that he's injured I would give Lavanini a run out and give Wells or Green a rest. Would like to see De Bruin on the bench as well as this will be a great opportunity to get him some game time as Bower seems a little out of his depth. Personally I would like to see our first choice centre pairing going forward as Porter at 12 and Moroni at 13 so I would perhaps give Porter the nod at 12 with Scott on the bench. Horses for courses though and I'd be very happy with either option.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Does anyone know if this will be shown on TV or online? Can't see it on any TV listings as it looks like BT have opted for the Newcastle game. Perhaps the EPC Rugby website will be showing a handful of games like they did last year? :smt017
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:56 pm Does anyone know if this will be shown on TV or online? Can't see it on any TV listings as it looks like BT have opted for the Newcastle game. Perhaps the EPC Rugby website will be showing a handful of games like they did last year? :smt017
Ok so it looks like it might be streamed on the EPC Rugby website if anyone is interested in watching the game.

https://www.epcrugby.com/video/leiceste ... s-v-brive/

Enjoy :smt023
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

:smt028
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:00 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:56 pm Does anyone know if this will be shown on TV or online? Can't see it on any TV listings as it looks like BT have opted for the Newcastle game. Perhaps the EPC Rugby website will be showing a handful of games like they did last year? :smt017
Ok so it looks like it might be streamed on the EPC Rugby website if anyone is interested in watching the game.

Is that free or not

If not how do we make an account?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Hmm it would have been better if the home game was next week but hey ho.

Agree first team out for the home game and then send the fringe players to France next week.to play Bayonne.

Genge, Youngs, Cole
Green, Wells
Liebenburg, Weise, Taufua
Youngs, Ford
Scott, Taute
Nadolo, Steward, Murimurivalu

Mamukashvili, Leatigaga, Heyes, Brink, Wallace, Wigglesworth, Henry, Porter

Bayonne;

De Bruin, Kerr, Heyes
Henderson, Enever
Smith, Brink, Wallace
White, Bonilla
Porter, Kelly
Potter, Worth, Owolfela

Clare, Bower, Leatigaga, Chessum, Reffell (if recovered of not then the Irishman who's name evades me), Wigglesworth, Hardwick, Aspland-Robinson.

Europe isn't the priority but like we did last season we should always play a strong team at home. Use the away games to build up those coming back from injury and the fringe lads who will have a point to prove.
Last edited by sam16111986 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Richardfje wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:22 pm :smt028
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:00 pm

Is that free or not

If not how do we make an account?
I assume so. It was last season. You just have to sign up for a free account then they show the live stream. No commentary or replays but you get the whole match
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Can someone explain what has happened to our Australian International 2nd row Enever. The spell checker keeps on autocorrecting to Never. Does it know something I don't. If he can't even get on the bench when we have a mini 2nd row crisis, it would seem to be a complete waste of cap.
BG01

Post by BG01 »

He was on the bench at the weekend...

Would like to see him start this weekend to give him a proper chance with the first team.
Never believe generalisations
TA30
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TA30 »

We should win at home, I want the away win. Tigers have a mental block away that we need to shake off. A win in France would give this new squad some self belief before Newcastle.

Our Fijians need game time, England lads need reintegration and hopefully we'll see some more injury returnees and debuts over the next 2weeks. Suspect chessum, Smith etc will be starting in the sarries game. Looking forward to these 2 weeks where there is a little less resting on the results
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

As it stands right now Europe plays second fiddle to Premiership survival.Saying this the need to find a winning formula together with the self belief necessary to truly compete is also paramount.Any home game (fans or not) has to be fully contested and we have to look to making Welford Road the most undesirable place to play for any opposition .Anyone could talk all day about what we need to do...but lets not over complicate things,we need to start and keep winning
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

I cant imagine the Fijians will be available will they? - wont they have to go through self isolation having been in France?
Less is more....