Autumn Nations Cup

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Autumn Nations Cup

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

mol2 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:20 pm Time for Itoje to take over as captain?

Farrell is off form and keeping him as skipper prevents Jones from giving him a break to regain his form, although how he can do that playing a division down is difficult.

If I were Eddie I would get him sent on loan to Tigers so he can play outside Ford more regularly.
That would be the final straw for me, the club are pushing it as it is at the moment.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Excellent play by the French. They deserved to win. Just a bit off-colour from England - no great loss of form, just a dip which shows how close the top teams are now.
Usual post-match drivel interview from some over emotional woman asking a long question and indicating the preferred answer.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:28 pm Excellent play by the French. They deserved to win. Just a bit off-colour from England - no great loss of form, just a dip which shows how close the top teams are now.
Usual post-match drivel interview from some over emotional woman asking a long question and indicating her preferred answer.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:28 pm Excellent play by the French. They deserved to win. Just a bit off-colour from England - no great loss of form, just a dip which shows how close the top teams are now.
Usual post-match drivel interview from some over emotional woman asking a long question and indicating the preferred answer.
Do you want a few minutes to modify that statement regarding Gaby Logan?
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:23 pm

Farrell is off form and keeping him as skipper prevents Jones from giving him a break to regain his form, although how he can do that playing a division down is difficult.

If I were Eddie I would get him sent on loan to Tigers so he can play outside Ford more regularly.
That would be the final straw for me, the club are pushing it as it is at the moment.
Hear, hear. The last thing we need is more aimless kicking of the ball away which (IMHO) is Farrell's go to tactic.
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

thebearisstilldeano wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:32 pm

Hear, hear. The last thing we need is more aimless kicking of the ball away which (IMHO) is Farrell's go to tactic.
I think you’ll find that’s England’s go to tactic. If you listened as half time the pundits stated the clear tactic was not to play in their own half and kick the ball back to them and force a mistake. And most of that kicking was by George Ford and Elliot Daly.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Freddie Steward deserves his chance in the 6N, at least he’s a genuine fullback, which Daly, Malins and co are clearly not.
Semper in excretia
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Forgive me if I’m being pedantic, but I was actually quite disappointed by England’s reaction at the end. It stank of cockiness in my opinion.

However a team are yet to truly humble England, nonetheless I think they could be nervous once a full-string French side arrives in Twickenham in the Six Nations.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

Nice to see and hear Benji on PRIME, if only he had stayed with us, truly a great player.
Oh well done England.
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

MCC1964 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:30 pm
I was thinking of the one who interviewed Farrell
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

MCC1964 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:36 pm
thebearisstilldeano wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:32 pm

I think you’ll find that’s England’s go to tactic. If you listened as half time the pundits stated the clear tactic was not to play in their own half and kick the ball back to them and force a mistake. And most of that kicking was by George Ford and Elliot Daly.
The kick placing isn't random or aimless either. They kick down the centre to try and bring the back three towards the middle of the pitch and then when they take the return kick they kick to the corner. Apply the pressure on the kick to the corner and look to get a poor kick return providing the territory to start attacking from. Entertaining no but mindless certainly not.

Farrell was shocking throughout. A waste of space and well below the expected level. Ford was the source of all our attacking play, just imagine if he'd had a strike runner in the backline.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:53 pm
MCC1964 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:30 pm
I was thinking of the one who interviewed Farrell
Wow. The point of the post clearly went over your head...

(And just for reference it’s Gill Douglas)
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Billy player of the tournament,outstanding at times. Excellent cameos by Earl puts the Simmonds nonsense to bed once and for all! Pack is there or there abouts. 9,10,12,13 needs completely ripping up and starting again,one of F or F,not both and certainly not with Slade outside them. Nothing to worry about from the wingers but Daly needs to be binned,play him as a winger or on the bench as the utility player. Is it too early for Steward? Game plan is shocking too,very good when it’s against phase play teams like against Ireland but aimlessly kicking to teams with a bit about them is asking for trouble. Feel desperately sorry for France but another trophy for us. Thoughts?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Agree about the kicking, clear early on that Dulin was on form and would catch everything and return with interest. If kicking aim for corners and pressurise the lineout.

I've never seen what others see in Slade, to me seems a solid premiership player but not an international starter. That said the cupboard does seem a little bare at the moment.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

drc_007 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:25 pm Agree about the kicking, clear early on that Dulin was on form and would catch everything and return with interest. If kicking aim for corners and pressurise the lineout.

I've never seen what others see in Slade, to me seems a solid premiership player but not an international starter. That said the cupboard does seem a little bare at the moment.
Slade has the touch of the 36 about him,can go from sublime to dross in the same game!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer