Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Chiefs

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:03 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:59 pm Well at least we will currently be only dropping 2 places (In terms of match points not bothering Points difference yet)
and we have gotten a game v Exeter out of the way.
But lose to Newcastle and results go against and we will be bottom!

That's like saying win v Falcons and results go our way and we could be 4th/5th.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Hardwick must be watching Bonilla and pulling his hair out, early for the new lad but a bad start is a severe understatement and I don't think Hardwick has plays as bad yet been cast aside.

Simmons with a silly yellow and not much opportunity to impress otherwise, which was too be expected but with the Fijian's coming back and Potter & Porter his game time on the wing will be limited, wouldn't mind seeing him at 9 though.

Agree with others we changed the front row too early and they really took over
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:06 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:59 pm Well at least we will currently be only dropping 2 places (In terms of match points not bothering Points difference yet)
and we have gotten a game v Exeter out of the way.

That's like saying win v Falcons and results go our way and we could be 4th/5th.
Would you back us to win there at present?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Not as fed up with that as I was with the LI game. Solid 40 minutes and Exeter were just too good for the last half hour.
Truefollower
Tiger Cub

Post by Truefollower »

An entertaining game, however as per normal inconsistent officiating that always follows CMK games. Exeter have the All Blacks aura over premiership officials, horizontal clear outs seem to be legal. :smt017 :smt017
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:08 pm

Tigers have more players to come back than Newcastle. Will be an interesting game!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Better in many ways than last week. Scoreline actually better than expected. But still not happy with the 'plucky losers' tag some seem content with.

Basics errors and downright stupid decisions, brainfarts.

Henry take a bow, not the first time he has butchered a 2 on 1 try scoring opportunity IIRC, trying to be flash and blew it, just do the basics man.

Bonilla...no, just no, don't care if he took the Jaguares to the Super Rugby final.....just no. `Give Hardwick a shot, genuinely believe he can do no worse and may just have enough passion for the shirt left.

The sooner we get our missing players back the better, in particular, without Gigena and Genge our front row bench options look terrible at present.

Hopeful (shocked actually) at halftime to, same old dogs dinner by full time. All part of the journey I guess.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

The result doesn’t mirror the game. You can’t doubt the old fashion tigers tenacity, grit, braveness and determination. Other teams will be steamrolled by Exeter this season in a way we weren’t. And let’s remember that we are lacking key players. Nadolo looked awesome today.

Progress in my book spoilt by stupid errors. First half defence was excellent. The key moment being ZH learning a hard lesson that could have swung the momentum. And Steward showed that he can match the best - his ability to beat the first man

And Scrum would have been better if we’d kept the scrum coach!
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Just gets demoralising losing after 1 great result. We need to move on and get a result against Newcastle. Long season ahead and how great is Porter? What a tackle!!
Positives as always from me, but with the whiff of realism that we are in a bit of trouble if we don’t start getting results soon.
Defence was really good I thought. Looked really aggressive.
Doesn’t appear to be much in the way of attacking moves, but that will come, I hope.
Chiefs will turn over most teams and as a Bath mate of mine said once...”well if you get relegated you get to have away trips to Jersey and Cornwall, they are better than Manchester”......
There is never any points for 2nd place...
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Honestly more so than I would’ve done 12 months ago.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:18 pm

Honestly more so than I would’ve done 12 months ago.
Yes there’s certainly glimpses if we can keep up our first 50/55 for the full 80.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:12 pm But still not happy with the 'plucky losers' tag some seem content with.
Not sure where you get that from :smt017

Yes, plenty saying that this week's 'plucky loser' performance was better than last week's 'abysmal loser' performance.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Who will beat the Chiefs this season?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Truefollower wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:08 pm An entertaining game, however as per normal inconsistent officiating that always follows CMK games. Exeter have the All Blacks aura over premiership officials, horizontal clear outs seem to be legal. :smt017 :smt017
Agreed, we were well in it until late in the game DESPITE his officiating. He always favours the higher placed sides but what's worse when you compare him with someone like Barnes is the guessing game around his decisions. He never seems to make it very clear what his decision making is based on, probably because he's continually changing the process!
We would, likely, have got beaten even with a better ref but I honestly think the penalty count would have been more even.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The TMO who missed that clearout on Simmons should hang his head in shame, sometimes I think they have it in for us, especially when they are retired referees whose dislike of officiating in front of the Crumbie is well known.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni