McGinity off

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

cheltexile

Re: McGinity off

Post by cheltexile »

At this rate Borthwick will be off next week and Andrea will be running the training sessions. Horror show.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Tigersunited wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:53 pm In these times a sensible cost saving.
True - especially when reading the club statement "The decision has been taken now, with recruitment finalised for 2020/21, to allow the new team led by head coach Steve Borthwick to have the best possible opportunities, time and resource in looking ahead to strengthening the squad for the future." As recruitment appears to be done for this season, the role of "head of elite performance recruitment" would not be doing a lot for at least a few months.

However, I do have concerns though - we are approaching the end of the calendar year, the current season will be over in just over 6 months time and surely we will be looking to strengthen the squad in the close season, due to age, performance, injury or some other reason. Unless all of the current squad have signed contracts taking them through to the end of next season and the Academy players are showing promising signs of stepping up to the senior squad, this is surely a move that will bite us. Who is acting as a scout or similar?
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I'm feeling sick. This is very anxiety provoking.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

This is terrible news,one thing I was excited and satisfied about was our recruitment. Who is in charge of it now?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

If money was the issue, I reckon they could have found enough Tigers supporters willing to chip in a fiver each and cover his salary for the year.

We employed McGinity, recruitment improved by approximately one million percent. Then we sacked him :smt017

Anyone got any advice for a rugby fan on the lookout for a new club to support? Asking for a friend...
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

I'm afraid I simply don't believe the 'statements' being released by the club any more. It was only 3 months ago when we were being fed LTTV reassurances from Geordie and Jan, and I believed what I was hearing then. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

The much-vaunted strategic review carried out by Paddy Howard would be an interesting read wouldn't it? Does any of this feature in that review? Turnover of staff and players is always to be expected, but something is seriously amiss when talent such as Jan and Boris are lost to the club. How that can be a good thing is beyond any reasonable point of view.

If this is about giving Borthwick more control and power, then it is just a huge gamble to take, particularly when these hard-working and talented people are being lost to the club. I'm not happy and will petition for Raging Bull to come back to the club and try to make sense of it all.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Tiglon wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:17 pm If money was the issue, I reckon they could have found enough Tigers supporters willing to chip in a fiver each and cover his salary for the year.

We employed McGinity, recruitment improved by approximately one million percent. Then we sacked him :smt017

Anyone got any advice for a rugby fan on the lookout for a new club to support? Asking for a friend...
Perhaps we might have to form a new club?
Still at least we aren't a bunch of cheats from North London...

Is Bondi back in the UK or is he another to get the P45?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: McGinty off

Post by Tiglon »

RichieB wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:18 pm I'm afraid I simply don't believe the 'statements' being released by the club any more. It was only 3 months ago when we were being fed LTTV reassurances from Geordie and Jan, and I believed what I was hearing then. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

The much-vaunted strategic review carried out by Paddy Howard would be an interesting read wouldn't it? Does any of this feature in that review? Turnover of staff and players is always to be expected, but something is seriously amiss when talent such as Jan and Boris are lost to the club. How that can be a good thing is beyond any reasonable point of view.

If this is about giving Borthwick more control and power, then it is just a huge gamble to take, particularly when these hard-working and talented people are being lost to the club. I'm not happy and will petition for Raging Bull to come back to the club and try to make sense of it all.
No no no, it was a few weeks ago when Murphy left that we were making decisions based on Paddy Howard's strategic review. Now we are carrying out Andrea Pinchen's strategic change.

Keep up Richie! :smt023

Is it just me or are they just doing whatever they feel like on a whim and then throwing the word "strategic" at it?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:21 pm
Tiglon wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:17 pm If money was the issue, I reckon they could have found enough Tigers supporters willing to chip in a fiver each and cover his salary for the year.

Perhaps we might have to form a new club?
Still at least we aren't a bunch of cheats from North London...

Is Bondi back in the UK or is he another to get the P45?
I believe still in Aus.
Although I'm expecting a statement saying Borthwick will handle communications now.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

As if we couldn’t become anymore of a laughing stock!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Sorry to double post, but...

This was when McGinity joined us a little over a year ago:

Tigers chairman Peter Tom said: “Since the end of last season, we have been reviewing the club’s operations at many levels and see the expansion in the rugby department as vital in pushing forward.

“The demands in this area have grown enormously and we believe this new structure provides the best possible support for the coaching group and the players."

Does this guy start every new day with a new strategy? It seems Tigers have a fundamental misunderstanding of what strategy is...
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Tiglon wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:23 pm
RichieB wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:18 pm I'm afraid I simply don't believe the 'statements' being released by the club any more. It was only 3 months ago when we were being fed LTTV reassurances from Geordie and Jan, and I believed what I was hearing then. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

No no no, it was a few weeks ago when Murphy left that we were making decisions based on Paddy Howard's strategic review. Now we are carrying out Andrea Pinchen's strategic change.

Keep up Richie! :smt023

Is it just me or are they just doing whatever they feel like on a whim and then throwing the word "strategic" at it?
I've never met or spoken to Andrea directly, so I don't know her at all. She seems pleasant and relatively sensible when I've heard her talk on LTTV. I wonder if there is a puppet master at work and Andrea is being hung out to take the fall if it all goes tits up?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Very troubling, unless he didn’t agree with having a combined role to replace Geordie then I don’t see a reasonable excuse for this.

A Night of Long Knives but being played out over a long time.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I actually give up with this club, ran by a bunch of clowns :smt010
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

kpj tiger wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:44 pm I actually give up with this club, ran by a bunch of clowns :smt010
I was recently involved with an organisation where something similar suddenly started to happen. That became a horror show. 😕
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.