Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish Away

Post by RagingBull »

Also I really want to see a pack of
1. Genge, 2. Youngs, 3. Cole. 4. Wells, 5. Liebenberg, 6. Taufua, 7. Reffell, 8. Wiese
16. Clare, 17. Leatigaga, 18. De Bruin, 20. Green, 21. Brink

Once.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:33 pm For exeter I would like to see
1. Leatigaga
2. Youngs
3. Cole
4. Green
5. Wells
6. Liebenberg
7. Reffell
8. Wiese
9. Wigg
10. Henry
11. Van wyk
12. Scott
13. Porter
14. Potter
15. Steward

16. Clare
17. De Bruin
18. Heyes
19. Brink
20. Taufua
21. White
22. Bonilla
23. Taute
Van Wyk has a groin strain so suspect he might not be available.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Complete contrast to last week. Poor attacking structure for most of the game with players getting isolated, poor box kicks, unforced errors, missed lineouts in the red zone, basics missing touch from those penalties.

Massive improvement with JT on at 7 and Bower really struggled. Scrum was dominant for most of the second half and I really thought at 13-9 we would snatch an undeserved victory with our power off the bench but no, it was a false dawn.

Not even a LBP is pretty pathetic. Not the end of the world, yes it’s early in the season but I think that shows where in the table we are likely to be competing. Scrapping it out with Irish, Worcester and maybe Saints.

Can’t believe I waited all weekend for that!

Someone said before the game that a loss wasn’t the end of the world but it’s about the manner of the loss.. well that’s about as bad as it gets really.. 4-0 Irish and little positives short of the young lad Steward who was outstanding once again.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

True I guess the Fijians won’t be available due to that stupid game on the 5th.
Suspect it will mean porter wing, Taute 13, Kelly bench
Snowdrop

Post by Snowdrop »

Well. You can't blame GM for that garbage.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:38 pm True I guess the Fijians won’t be available due to that stupid game on the 5th.
Suspect it will mean porter wing, Taute 13, Kelly bench
Or Williams
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:33 pm For exeter I would like to see
1. Leatigaga
2. Youngs
3. Cole
4. Green
5. Wells
6. Liebenberg
7. Reffell
8. Wiese
9. Wigg
10. Henry
11. Van wyk
12. Scott
13. Porter
14. Potter
15. Steward

16. Clare
17. De Bruin
18. Heyes
19. Brink
20. Taufua
21. White
22. Bonilla
23. Taute
I largely agree with this - except for I’d like to see the inclusion of Henderson. Not sure who I’d make way for, maybe even Green - but I really want to see Henderson in there and get a run of games.
Also if van Wyk’s groin isn’t good, either Williams or Simmons on the wing.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Snowdrop wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:39 pm Well. You can't blame GM for that garbage.

I mean you could blame the previous coaches for the mind set we are currently in and that it will take a while to get out of it.

If you really wanted to blame Murphy.
Like let’s be real we lost to Irish by an even larger amount last year.
publandlord
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by publandlord »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:30 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:24 pm Perhaps we will just throw next weeks game..return of Covid?
Think it shows how poor Glaws were last week & the value of picking a 7 at 7.
Yup. A big back row like we had in the first half has to work in concert to make yards. Bang, offload, bang offload, bang offload. Single running ball carriers need the ferrets to get in first when it all goes to ground..... You need a genuine 7.

..... Where was Mr Reffel today?
I agree, Playing three big lumps against a team with Blair Cowan in the opposition back row, a mistake by the coach. However, not the only problem. Half backs ineffective today, tactics not quite there. Still not all doom and gloom, plenty of time to rectify, especially with more players to be in contention.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but wish we’d started with Leatigaga instead of Bower and Barnes instead of Dickson
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:32 pm What are we? Still a team of lemmings rushing over the cliff! Horrific, banal, and guttless display
Bit over the top. Display was bit good enough because we were no where near accurate enough. We just need to tighten up some aspects of our play and we start winning games like that.

Still a definite improvement on last season. For starters the defence was a lot better and bar one miss communication in the first half and one Rona outside break LI never looked like scoring.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:53 pmWe just need to tighten up some aspects of our play and we start winning games like that.
A song long sung.

Time to put some substance behind the lyrics, ambition and empty 'promises' count for nought.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:19 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:14 pm
Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:12 pm

We were losing by more than 7 - LI getting a try would have meant nothing. We needed a try for A LBP. Simple equation really
It would have resulted in a more disappointing scoreline. I’m sorry but unless we suddenly become the Harlem Globetrotters overnight, we were never in a million years gonna score a LBP try from our ‘22.
How defeatist of you
It’s called pragmatism, even though as someone of a left-leaning persuasion I shouldn’t have that! :smt003
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
publandlord
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by publandlord »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:53 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:32 pm What are we? Still a team of lemmings rushing over the cliff! Horrific, banal, and guttless display
Bit over the top. Display was bit good enough because we were no where near accurate enough. We just need to tighten up some aspects of our play and we start winning games like that.

Still a definite improvement on last season. For starters the defence was a lot better and bar one miss communication in the first half and one Rona outside break LI never looked like scoring.
[olist=][/olist]
unfortunately neither did we look like scoring !! But you are correct a lot of the comments are over the top so early into the campaign.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

As has been said, Irish were pretty dreadful too and that's why it's so frustrating to have lost. They gave us penalty after penalty in the second half and we had to work incredibly hard to give them the win.

On the positive side, Liebenberg was very good again today.