Is Genge in trouble

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Is Genge in trouble

Post by LE18 »

I read today Wales are considering reporting Poite for his terrible referring of the match. I have to say I used to rate him as an excellent ref but lately he has slipped in my opinion.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LE18 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:42 pm I read today Wales are considering reporting Poite for his terrible referring of the match. I have to say I used to rate him as an excellent ref but lately he has slipped in my opinion.
He wasn’t the best but that’s poor form!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

LE18 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:42 pm I read today Wales are considering reporting Poite for his terrible referring of the match. I have to say I used to rate him as an excellent ref but lately he has slipped in my opinion.
And I bet they wouldn’t be had they won......

And not that that is just the preserve of the Welsh, to be clear. It’s a common tactic to divert attention from the players.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Is anyone else enjoying the irony, considering how much we whine about the referee every time Tigers lose?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Nothing wrong with launching a report to World Rugby about Poite using the correct channels. Media have just over-highlighted because it fits the narrative of Pivac being under pressure.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:02 pm Saw the whining on Facebook. Absolutely nothing in it for me. He's about a foot away, already on floor and makes no obvious contact. He's have a wrestle with Francis post scrum and sir pinged Francis for dragging Genge into it.

Just some troll posting something and a couple of places like Ruck picking it up on a slow news day. The so called damning video shows nothing concrete. I'd be surprised if there was a citing.
It's not like the Welsh are bad losers or anything :smt045
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

If you want to laugh and rip your hair out have a read of the comments on this

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... s-19374246

:smt030
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Coach, fans and players who have lost a game in "there were some odd decisions" and "headbutt" shock. Change the record please. I'm pretty sure I saw a kick to the head of an English player at 2m 43s ….if I keep looking, rewind, slow it down, frame by frame and watch it enough times, I will....no no I WILL convince myself that it actually happened.

P.S. It didn't but you get my drift.