Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Other Round 2 Fixtures

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:33 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:44 pm No one will get the drop this year regardless.

Both Quins and Saints looking beatable.
You think they will close shop?
I think only 2 championship clubs could afford it now.
Ealing and Saracens.
14 ring fenced league for 5 seasons.
Championship becomes fully part time.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:19 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:44 pm No one will get the drop this year regardless.

Both Quins and Saints looking beatable.
Ealing and Saracens.
👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:18 pm If Irish beat Tigers then it will be only Bath and Saints who are on 0 wins.
Although Bath could well beat Exeter which would mean only Saints would be 0 and 2.

I really feel that anyone can beat anyone outside of Exeter this season.
Can’t see Bath beating Exeter and my monies on Tigers making it 2 from 2 :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:20 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:19 pm

Ealing and Saracens.
👍
Anyone know when a decision might be made?
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

You won’t see many better tries than the one O’Flaherty just scored for Exeter. Even better than JM’s in my opinion.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

I am not writing this with glee. I enjoy the rivalry we have with clubs. If anything it's against myself. But when we were in the depths of despair on the coaching front, I referenced Chris Boyd's appointment, and said how professionally they'd conducted themselves in appointing an adult to the top job. Sports amazingly fickle though, and there is clearly something wrong with them at present. They've lost relatively few players to International call up.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

So barring a remarkable turnaround it will be Bath Saints and Irish all at the bottom on 1 point.. A win for us would put a nice little cushion between us and the drop, albeit very very early days. LBP would likely see us in 3rd and a win puts us 2nd..

:smt027 let's do this!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

So Bath well and truly put to the sword and Exeter are yet to concede a try this season. We need to win tomorrow as the following week will be a real test.

Not sure if they are just rusty but a couple of teams looking decidedly average.. Bath and Saints in particular
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Let's be real tomorrow is a real test.
After just 1 week we can't look at it as anything other than that, we need to be consistent.

Big wins today though
Quins by 20
Bristol by 17
Glous by 16
Exeter by 37
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It’s a shame that it’s a one horse race but at least there’s 3 other spots to play for!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Having travelled to London Irish wherever they’ve played Tigers only ever really won easily and that was way back in a cup game: I think Clive Woodward was their coach! For some reason Irish always turn up when they play us.
Can we win, yes if we don’t panic!
On the other hand we only just beat them a few months ago at home and we all know what happened in Reading!
They have a settled side with only 3 players missing from their squad.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:09 pm Having travelled to London Irish wherever they’ve played Tigers only ever really won easily and that was way back in a cup game: I think Clive Woodward was their coach! For some reason Irish always turn up when they play us.
Can we win, yes if we don’t panic!
On the other hand we only just beat them a few months ago at home and we all know what happened in Reading!
They have a settled side with only 3 players missing from their squad.
A settled side with the same 3 players missing that looked dire last week and lost to Worcester (who got thrashed by Bristol today). I’m not saying it’s an easy game, far from it but we have to fancy this one. Yes we all remember what happened in Reading last season but that was the only time Irish have beaten us in the last 6 years.. if we don’t win tomorrow I’ll be very disappointed.. Tigers by 12
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Tomorrow is their first home game at Brentford.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

The season obviously has yet to settle and personally expect to see a leveling off in performance from Newcastle.However a losing habit is hard to break as we have found out to our cost.Northampton especially, and Bath need obvious improvement - both are looking very rusty.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Bath have quite a few very good players missing at the moment, so I wouldn't be too worried about them long term.