London Irish Away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish Away

Post by trendylfj »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:10 pm Dont look like a very welcoming move for London Irish

https://www.ruck.co.uk/london-irish-fan ... dium-move/

Let's hope that the peddlers of this hate can be identified and banned from stadiums and if possible prosecuted.
Hehehehehehehehe
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Biggest battle will be the front row, the Exiles' front row on paper is arguably stronger than ours collectively.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

JP14 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:12 pm Biggest battle will be the front row, the Exiles' front row on paper is arguably stronger than ours collectively.
Whilst that will be a challenge, the reality of the game today is there may only be 6 scrums but over 200 breakdowns. Battle of the breakdown is more likely to win matches.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Breakdown will be tough.
Will be a good test of Brink as a 7, as the refs have been very aggressive at the breakdown, and with brink's chunkier build since the last time he covered openside it will be interesting, Cowan is very strong over the ball.

I am worried about the speed of the Irish backs, before the Gloucester game I said that the backs lack speed and are more route 1 runners and it proved to be in the game. Taute has struggled against players who can do that arching outside run and if OHC or Loader can get a bit of space from a Rona run then we might get into some trouble.
They also still have a route 1 runner in Meakes.

If Tigers can slow the breakdown enough to let us line up the back row against Jackson and the forward runners then that should hopefully tighten the window of a arching run round the back of 12.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Looking at the sides I expect Tigers to dominate in the set pieces and starve Irish of any good ball, as long as we keep up the line speed in defence like last week, we can be in with the chance of a good result here.
COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrrssssss
:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

I’ll be interested to see if we can keep the penalty count low as we did last week, Gloucesters penalty count went a long way for their loss, not taking anything away from our performance.
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rutlandtiger »

That's triggered me to think!! Do sides become ill disciplined, give away penalties and so lose or are they getting beaten and so give away penalties. Cause or effect???
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Rutlandtiger wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:36 pm That's triggered me to think!! Do sides become ill disciplined, give away penalties and so lose or are they getting beaten and so give away penalties. Cause or effect???
Good question. You'd have to examine each penalty incident. Lying on the wrong side of a ruck to slow things down when the opposition are threatening your line is probably the latter, whereas getting things wrong and being whistled for obstruction while setting up an attacking maul from a lineout would be the former. Other situations could be far more ambiguous and subtle. Did a player make an error and concede a penalty because he was feeling the pressure of the scoreboard? We would probably never know.
Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rutlandtiger »

I think the odd penalty is down to player error and might cost a very tight game. The majority IMO are when sides are under the hammer of the opposition and get pressured into conceding penalties.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Would be a really interesting thing for someone with time on their hands to do a study on.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Huge game for us: no away wins in the league since the Newcastle game so somehow win and it will be a huge boost to the whole club and fans.
Agree that Irish aren’t far off full strength and their front row and backs look strong.
I’ve no issue with Ryan Bower as a replacement but doubt his ability as a starter!
If we lose then a bonus point has to be secured!!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:32 pm Agree that Irish aren’t far off full strength and their front row and backs look strong.
I’ve no issue with Ryan Bower as a replacement but doubt his ability as a starter!
Irish are missing Naholo, Coleman, Hepetema and Ioane all of whom would be likely starters. We are missing a fair few too but I like the look of our teamsheet more than theirs. If we don't win this then it's going to be a very long season with a real scrap at the bottom again.

Have faith. A repeat of the performance last weekend and we'll be alright :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Like that team,COYT!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Really like the look of the team, if the game opens up in the second half bringing on Leatigaga, Taufua and Reffell isn’t going to hurt. Really hope we get an away win, would be a great start to the season.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:10 pm Like that team,COYT!
What?